Paul Bearer

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Maybe the question we should be asking is "Do goats have ghosts?"

Or "Do ghosts keep goats?" And if so how do they milk them?

With a very small milking stool.

When something terrible happens in your life or very sad

you may loose your faith in Christe.

Who? ;)

Christe...................................

For just a breif second i thought i made his name

a spelling casualty. :D

I'm curious Banshees, why are your lines shorter than everyone elses?

Do you have a very narrow monitor[sic] or are you just trying to make your posts look bigger.

Maybe the question we should be asking is "Do goats have ghosts?"

And do they give evaporated milk?

I notice you've not answered the question Wozza.

For the record, I do believe in ghosts. I don't believe in goats...

:rolleyes:

I didn't believe, until I saw this picture, now I'm not so sure ;)

http://www.gophergas.com/funstuff/whatswrong.htm

Oh my God! That's terrifying. :ph34r: I need a rest now to get over the shock Someone please wake me up at 5pm.

I didn't believe, until I saw this picture, now I'm not so sure B)

Oh my God! That's terrifying. B) I need a rest now to get over the shock Someone please wake me up at 5pm.

Time for fresh undies.

Story of my life....

Guest vickyanderson5@hotmail.com

Yes, I believe in ghosts. I had a supernatural experience when I was 9 in 1997. I don't expecet many people to read all this but this is what happened to me.

I was asleep in my bedroom, the front master bedroom of our 100-year-old or so victorian house having the same nightmare I'd been having since I was very young. There was no visual image in the nightmare, just horrible pain of numbness sweeping through my body, like bad engery or "negative vibes".

I could hear children screaming, as if something horrible was going to happen, there was no end to it, it seemed 'circular'. Something very evil, something anti-christ. I'm terrified of this nightmare (and still have the same one to this day). So anyway, I woke up with a sickness feeling in my stomach, my head facing the wall. The room was freezing, but I don't remember what time of year it was (also I live in england, which is alot of the time fairly cold). I immediately sensed something, there was no doubt about it.

I was absolutely transfixed, I had never felt so afraid in all my life. I slowly turned my body round to face the middle of the room. There, I could see, just standing, staring straight at me, a young girl of about 12 years old, with shoulder-length dark hair and a transparent face, and gown of a whitely colour. She was hovering about 10 inches off the floor, and her long, draped gown was covering any signs of feet.

Her sleeves were also long and draped, and I couldn't see her hands. I immediatley felt sick with fright. I wanted to scream, move, something. But I daren't. Then I jumped to the assumption that it was my older sister (who would have been about the same age). "Cathy, what are you doing in my room?" I asked the figure in a terrified voice. The girl just stared at me, and made a very strange little noise, like a cry for help, but very feeble. Then, I saw the figure sort of slowly dissolve into the darkenss without moving. I immediately lept out of bed and ran for the light-switch. The room filled with colour as I vomited all over the floor.

I quickly ran next door to my parent's room, and told my mum what had happened. She cleaned the sick up and said I could sleep in her bed as I refused to go back into the room where it had happened. In the morning, we went over what had happened. I told my mum the full story as my sister listened. I asked her if she had come into my room last night, or maybe just sleep-walked. She laughed at me, and told me she hadn't, and that she was wearing pajamas last night anyway, so it definately wasn't her sleep-walking. My mum insisted I had dreamt the whole thing, telling me not to be so silly. "I've walked these landings night after night when I Ben (younger brother) was a baby, and I've never seen a thing." I was horrified no one believed me. I was even more angry my sister had laughed at me.

I never slept the same after the night I saw the ghost. I had the same night-mare more or less every night. Years later, when I had grown up a bit (prehaps I was 13/14), I asked my mother why she hadn't believed me. She told me, "I did believe you, but I was scared myself, because I saw a ghost as a child, and I didn't want to scare you even more."

I've told all my friends this story, they all tell me they believe me. I don't care if they do or don't. I don't expect many people reading this to believe it either. But I know it happened, and I don't wish it upon anyone to see a ghost, as it is probably the worst experience of my life, but then again I want more people to see them, just so they know.

P.s - someone in this forum said they felt a pins and needles/numb sensation in their legs when a ghsot was present. And someone replied asking if ghosts are small in that case. No, they are not small, they are human-size. Whenever you feel a numbness/pins and needles/tingles in your legs, it's a sign that a ghost is present. I have various dreams when I have these sensations. I have even visited a pshyic( spelling?), and they told me that it is when a ghost is passing through you.

[spaces added as I lost interest one third of the way down, looks much better now though - HCW]

Guest Guest
Also, people who claim to be in touch with the spirit world go awfully quiet when they die (if you see what I mean).

DWB <_<

Perhaps Dorris Stokes talks to herself. :lol:

True enough, it's also true that there are people like James Randi and Ian Rowland who put together shows which include faking all the tricks that mediums use in their live performances.

I still wouldn't want to tell the guest above she imagined it though.

vickyanderson5@hotmail.com - interesting story.

My mother claimed that a man would appear in the hallway and walk to the bath room every night at around 12.00. This went on for years. He never said a word. That's what she said.

I was once involved in a seance with 3 other lads where we raised a spirit. He did the usual stuff of threatening to smash windows, kill us etc etc. It was convincing but it was still possible that one of us was pushing the glass around even though it seemed to be moving pretty quickly.

We asked the spirit who he was and he said, 'Your grandfather'. We asked him to spell his name. One of the lads was called Bishop. When we asked the spirit's name he started to spell ..... R-E-G. Bishop immediately got very scared and took his hands off of the glass. He got up from the table and begged us to stop. Needless to say we continued.

The glass continued shooting round the table spelling R-E-G-I-N-A-L-D and then F-A-Y. It turned out that Reginald Fay was Bishop's maternal grandfather. Bishop had been nowhere near the glass and none of us knew him particularly well; certainly not well enough to know his mother's maiden name.

I'm normally sceptical but I have never been able to explain this experience.

Then, I saw the figure sort of slowly dissolve into the darkenss without moving. I immediately lept out of bed and ran for the light-switch. The room filled with colour as I vomited all over the floor.
That's some pretty impressive vomit you've got there Ms Anderson, rated by either volume or luminosity. I would suggest using a stonger watt light bulb in the future, it should avoid the serious dangers to the oesophagus lining and tooth enamel that excessive vomiting can bring. The floor should be less slippery too.

I didn't believe, until I saw this picture, now I'm not so sure :(

What's wrong with the picture?

Well there are curtain rails above both windows and no curtains.

oh and that weird creature that screams. Didn't even make me jump B)

Thank you for giving me a heart attack there...

Breaking neWS th eposter on deathlis tknowen as iain has sufefred a HEart ATTack.

I'll post nEWS on hi simminent death as soon as the ycome in!

Thank you for giving me a heart attack there...

Breaking neWS th eposter on deathlis tknowen as iain has sufefred a HEart ATTack.

I'll post nEWS on hi simminent death as soon as the ycome in!

E - ANE had a hurt tack! I don't believe it Windsor you lieing, untrusting, low confident, easily influenced, outsiding, crooked minded, hunch backed, barely educated, none social mute, You back stabbing, manic depressing, speech slurring, dour mumbling, untraditional, superficial, hypocritic, ugly, f****n black hearted son of a bitch.

In which case we need a sister thread on possession.

Guest Guest
Then, I saw the figure sort of slowly dissolve into the darkenss without moving. I immediately lept out of bed and ran for the light-switch. The room filled with colour as I vomited all over the floor.
That's some pretty impressive vomit you've got there Ms Anderson, rated by either volume or luminosity. I would suggest using a stonger watt light bulb in the future, it should avoid the serious dangers to the oesophagus lining and tooth enamel that excessive vomiting can bring. The floor should be less slippery too.

I wouldn't suggest mockery as a form of replying to someone's worst experience of their life. Alas, some people do not have it in them to understand the sentimental side of people, and can only offer the lowest form of wit as feedback to such an experience. I wouldn't be rude to you if you ever had something to share.

Nice wisecrack.

Guest Guest

Sorry, forgot to put my email in. But that last post was from vickyanderson5, as you probably may have guessed.

I wouldn't suggest mockery as a form of replying to someone's worst experience of their life. Alas, some people do not have it in them to understand the sentimental side of people, and can only offer the lowest form of wit as feedback to such an experience. I wouldn't be rude to you if you ever had something to share.

Nice wisecrack.

Just a joke about the way it was phrased, a bit childish I'll admit but I wasn't making a comment about the experience overall. I didn't mean to anyway. It's a bit of a tradition on this site for people to make fun of language or grammar, play on words etc. I know the site is very much about death and various associated topics but it's usually fairly light-hearted.

Plus from how I've grown up it's a habit to make light of serious stuff (without being outright nasty) including the worst night of my life when me & some flatmates barely escaped a house fire; they still take the piss out of me for shouting 'look out, the roof's gonna go!' in a dramatic voice at one point. Makes me laugh now, although at the time it could well have collapsed and they would have died; it's them who generally bring it up... Not that I'm saying everyone should react like me to things, not much would get done in the world for a start.

Thank you. But I thought sarcasm was a lower form of wit than mockery? :lol:

pps the above is all true by the way.