Lady Grendel

Funereal Music

I would like 'The Severed Garden' by The Doors. My daughter has selected Bon Jovi's 'Sleep when I'm dead' I also want people to bring chocolate instead of flowers and they are to stuff themselves silly at the after party (think how much chocolate you can get for the price of a wreath).

I would like 'The Severed Garden' by The Doors. My daughter has selected Bon Jovi's 'Sleep when I'm dead' I also want people to bring chocolate instead of flowers and they are to stuff themselves silly at the after party (think how much chocolate you can get for the price of a wreath).

Ah, you are a Doors fan, MC? My favs.

I, personally, would go for The End...an edited version, of course. :blink:

Yep, I can see that too. But don't forget that 'death makes angels of us all and gives us wings, where we once had shoulders smooth as raven's claws' Such poetry. Can't beat a good bit of JM! I seem to recall my big sister having his photo on our bedroom wall between Tony Curtis and Georgie Best.

Yep, I can see that too. But don't forget that 'death makes angels of us all and gives us wings, where we once had shoulders smooth as raven's claws' Such poetry. Can't beat a good bit of JM! I seem to recall my big sister having his photo on our bedroom wall between Tony Curtis and Georgie Best.

That's Red Bull, surely?

That's Red Bull, surely?

Yeah. Do you think the rest of The Doors could sue?

Guest Jasper

Fave 5  Funeral Songs

Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time

Sleigh Bells-You Don't Get Me Twice

Miley Cyrus- Party In The Usa

Klark Kent-Away Frome Home

AC DC-Highway To Hell

My ideas for a funeral song are:

Get Set Go - I Hate Everyone (this is currently my personal choice)

Downplay - I hated you from hello

The Pretender - Foo Fighters

Ashes to Ashes - David Bowie

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (if I'm in a good mood when I write my will)

If You Don't Want To F_ck Me Baby, F_ck Off - Jane County And The Electric Chairs.

I hardly think anyone would want to F*ck you if you are dead, unless you are playing this for Jimmy Savile's benefit?

Posted in 2006! how time flies

I wonder how many people sit there at funerals envying the dead who've gone somewhere away from endless plays of 'You'er Beautiful' on the radio.

I apologise for resurrecting this post, but it was the most recent one I found that mentions that crime. It seems the perpetrator regrets it.

It's not too late for public flogging.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

Most popular song played at UK funerals is no longer Angels, but James Blunts Goodbye My Lover

pukingco0.gif

TF - by no means do I question your sources. However, given the demographics of those dying at the moment, I would assume the most popular funereal song to be Sinatra's I Did it My Way. Bit of a cliche of course, but then most older people are.

Probably true ie+, I've never heard it myself at a funeral, but I am sure it is played along with 'Wind Beneath My Wings' they must be 2 of the most popular songs. I've heard 'See You on the Other Side' by Ozzy Osbourne at the funeral of a good friend who sadly killed himself and 'Goodnight Sweetheart' at the funeral of an octegenarian uncle of scsi's. I'm afraid up here in Scotland the 23rd Psalm prevails at most funerals.

I wonder what songwriter Larry Henley will have played at his upcoming funeral.

http://www.washingto...0e6c_story.html

Just been finalising my Will. The event will be for the guests rather than for me, but I think I am going to specify one song which must be played.

This version of The Rainbow Connection: https://youtu.be/HThZI80hmdQ

• Like 1

Just been finalising my Will. The event will be for the guests rather than for me, but I think I am going to specify one song which must be played.

This version of The Rainbow Connection: https://youtu.be/HThZI80hmdQ

Aren't you a bit young to be writing a will?

• Like 1

This version of The Rainbow Connection:

but you are only 48 that's not old enough to write a will
  • Like 1

Oh I'm flattered ha ha. No, my brother's estate (he died without a Will,so extra hoops to jump through) is almost finished, I had a heart attack in January, so just covering the bases. It's never too early to get a Will done, well unless you're under 18 I guess. Look at Bianchi, Houston etc etc. You never know when your time is up.

Oh I'm flattered ha ha. No, my brother's estate (he died without a Will,so extra hoops to jump through) is almost finished, I had a heart attack in January, so just covering the bases. It's never too early to get a Will done, well unless you're under 18 I guess. Look at Bianchi, Houston etc etc. You never know when your time is up.

can I put you on my shadow list next year
  • Like 2

can I put you on my shadow list next year

No. I'm going to start gym (now I can afford it),I'm eating more healthily than ever (porridge in the morning good for the heart you know), I brisk walk every day and I'm single, so no partner to quietly do away with me in the night for life insurance.

Which probably means I'll be run over by a bus in the next 6 months lol.

How would you know I was dead anyway? Is there a time period within which you are presumed dead by Listers if you haven't posted?

This version of The Rainbow Connection:

but you are only 48 that's not old enough to write a will

On the contrary, everybody, especially if you have children or assets, should make a will, because if you don't it leaves a right fucking mess behind for everyone else to have to fight over.

• Like 1

Deathray and Morbidkid, if you have assets you should have a Will regardless of age. In Canada, if you die without a Will (in-testate) your assets go to your closest living relative, in some cases that may not be someone you want (i.e., an ex-husband because your divorce isn't final). /unsolicited estate planning tip for today.

YoungWillz, glad to read your are doing better. We are close in age and your heart-attack kinda freaked me out a little.

Lastly, if my children do host a funeral/wake for me (I'm not confident they will) I'd like them to start off with Cindy Lauper's "Girls just wanna have Fun" then a recording of me singing and playing Sheryl Crowe's "Soak up the Sun" on my guitar and then finish with Peter Gabriel's "In your Eyes." :)

• Like 2