VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Top Bollywood actor Rajkumar has died aged 77. He was kidnapped by Tamil bandits in 2000, a story I remember.

Very famous in his field obviously, but still don't think he should be on the near misses thread, so placing him here.

It's obviously not a good week if you're Asian, working in the film industry and have previously been kidnapped:

Shin Sang-ok

... spooky!

Guest Guest

Did Iain post the rabbit's death under "Near Misses" by any chance?

THE INFAMOUS POKER PLAYER Puggy Pearson has died at 77

I've never heard of him, but I suspect my brother-in-law has, as he'd sit there for hours and hours watching World Series of Poker on tv. One time as I had no electricity following a particulary bad storm, I gave my father-in-law a video tape in order for him to record a couple of documentaries for me. Somehow my brother-in-law got hold of it and taped over the documentary with WSoP.

It was the most boring thing ever! About as exciting as watching the synchronized handwaving and toe-wiggling event at the olympics

Arthur Winston, who was featured on the BBC News website last month, as he retired on his 100th birthday, has died, less than a month afterwards. They say people often die just after retirement (my Grandad did), as they've nothing else to do - maybe the case in this scenario.

Original Article

& Death Announcement

Arthur Winston, who was featured on the BBC News website last month, as he retired on his 100th birthday, has died, less than a month afterwards. They say people often die just after retirement (my Grandad did), as they've nothing else to do - maybe the case in this scenario.

Original Article

& Death Announcement

You see, Tony Blair and co are doing us all a favour, helping us live longer. The way pensions are going we'll all have to work until we're 100+ like this guy, then we can die a few weeks later and save the state lots of money!

... as exciting as watching the synchronized handwaving and toe-wiggling event at the olympics

What a strange coincidence. I'm a level 10 Toe-Wiggler, but haven't yet mastered the Syncronised Handwaving.

:blink:

Oh, my old head-master died last week. No links, but really dead, I promise.

Guest iain

the american character actor Ed Corbett has died at 74.Anyone heard of him?

PS if you click on the link his obit is 4th from bottom

the american character actor Ed Corbett has died at 74.Anyone heard of him?

PS if you click on the link his obit is 4th from bottom

No really familiar with him, seen his name listed on the credits for a couple of movies but certainly couldn't point him out in a line-up

Guest iain

This guy isnt famous at all but I just thought Id mention it because it sone of the most unnecesary deaths Ive ever heard of- a 21 yr old guy has drowned aftr diving into a river to rescue his girlfriends shoes.They cant have been that expensive surely ;)

I guess that's one way of reducing the queues on the NHS

Scott Brazil

Emmy winning director who worked on many shows such as "Hill Street Blues", "The Shield", "CSI Miami", "Nip/Tuck", "Buffy", "Baywatch" (!) dead at just 50.

Can't say I'd heard of him, but it's quite an impressive list of credits.

IMDB entry

How about some of these people? Certainly not famous at all, but who'd've thought any are alive at all.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...MNGP5IAU4K6.DTL

I had been wondering if there were any of those people at all... quite fascinating. If they weren't completely ineligble, I'd be tempted to start a "1906 San Francisco Earthquake Survivors" thread. Instead I'll keep my eye on another Earthquake - John Tenta. Had we decided whether or not he's famous enough?

The US ac tor Henderson Forsyth has died at 88

Oh. Was he related to John Forsythe in any way? I used to enjoy sunday nights back more than 30 years ago because he was in a television program then.

]

Much thanks for a non Wackipedia linking Ibvan.

Guest iain

The US ac tor Henderson Forsyth has died at 88

Oh. Was he related to John Forsythe in any way? I used to enjoy sunday nights back more than 30 years ago because he was in a television program then.

]

Much thanks for a non Wackipedia linking Ibvan.

he won a Tony

Following the death of Slick Goodlin last October, another of the "Right Stuff" test pilots Scott Crossfield has died - in a plane crash, would you believe?!

"In 1953 [he] became the first man to fly at twice the speed of sound".