Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Been Too Long On The Road

Seeing a post on the Rolling Stones thread got me thinking. Which rock stars would have done themselves a favour to die young and seal a reputation at the top?

I can think of loads but a couple stand out.

David Bowie: Inventive and idolised until the mid eighties. If you want to hear a great Bowie album since then you've got to download tracks off about a dozen different collections and make it up yourself.

Paul Simon: One of the highest profile artists on earth until the late eighties. My mate who really rates him couldn't name his last studio album when I asked.

Guest, you clearly enjoy anonymity on this board, big letters and rude words.

Good luck in the quest to lose your virginity!

Guest Guest

You look like a nice cuddly wolf, fancy a go up URANUS

You look like a nice cuddly wolf, fancy a go up URANUS

Never been one to turn down a bit of arse play...

Who's going to go first in the barrel?

Uranus and my strimmer!

Guest Guest
Uranas and my strimmer!

You like the rough stuff hey, my kind of canine.

Big bold print and accusing me of being a wolf. Call me old fashioned but I like to shag someone with decent eyesight. Helps in the mutual enjoyment of the post-coital video.

Guest Guest

Doggystyle, I bet.

Aw for FOXAKE!!! That wuz desperate.

Guest Whisky Head

Hi Guys,

This site is sad but, to answer your question, Paul Mcartney would have had a lot more respect if he had died after " Yesterday" as John said, He,s done buger all since

Guest kwrtpjk[mneaq[kmn m-ro,

I have to say Michael jackson would top the list. And I agree with the guest who posted here. Don't care at all for having to register and log in and the mods checking my IP# and looking up my location and giving me harrassing phone calls and threatening to have me arrested for spamming.

In other words: I am the public and I have a right to privacy and this is a public message board and you have zero rights to privacy and the Trolls Will Rule!!!

Hi Guys,

This site is sad but, to answer your question, Paul Mcartney would have had a lot more respect if he had died after " Yesterday" as John said, He,s done buger all since

I'm not sure about that. Respect is something that is gained after many years.

Hi Guys,

Sad enough to come back, sad enough to greet everyone, sad enough to post again and sad enough to voice an opinion. Piss poor spelling and grammar though, you'd make a perfect member.

I have to say Michael jackson would top the list. And I agree with the guest who posted here. Don't care at all for having to register and log in and the mods checking my IP# and looking up my location and giving me harrassing phone calls and threatening to have me arrested for spamming.

In other words: I am the public and I have a right to privacy and this is a public message board and you have zero rights to privacy and the Trolls Will Rule!!!

Whereas you were an appalling member. :rolleyes:

Dying usually gives rock stars a great career boost.

Dying usually gives rock stars a great career boost.

It certainly does... one of them rap fellas, Tupac Shakur was killed in 96 over some 'gangsta S**t'...

He's released 6 albums since then and starred in 2 films...

I think all up and coming rappers should take note...

Saying that I would welcome the death of Gary Glitter but I can't see his career chances improving... any outside bets on a fatal lynching of Mr Gadd? Come on, Come on......

Sir, you may very well be the public and trolls may very well rule but may I refer you to THIS

Trust me, we don't have the time or energy to 'harass' you for spamming, we'll merely delete your post if it isn't interesting, informative or entertaining. That's not censorship, no infringement on your rights to free speech, merely you being told you're not interesting or humorous by some of the finest minds of this generation.

I hope Bob :rolleyes: Geldof chokes on his own self importance soon.

Vicious but fair I reckon.

DDT

I hope Bob  :rolleyes:  Geldof chokes on his own self importance soon.

Vicious but fair I reckon.

Yup, he's a useless do-gooder.

I'm think he can't, otherwise I'd give him the Zappa advice: shut up and play the guitar.

regards,

Hein

It's time for Sting to give up the ghost, I'm sure if we told him we'd plant him in the rain forest to help the indiginous peoples he'd probably go voluntarily....

Give Trudie a rest from the tantric sex as well.

You've got to admire her stamina, not for putting up with days of sex but living with the pretentious geordie school teacher for so long...

Roxanne put out the red light - no f*ck off it's keeping you out you moaning twunt!

Re death providing a career boost: It's not always that way. The sad truth is that so many people involved in rock music are ageing and dropping dead that lots of them now get a write up in the dad rock magazines and little else.

Sure the big names still get some attention but if - for example - Sting did shuffle off now I wonder how big a surge in sales he'd generate.

Rod Stewart. He is well past the sell by date IMHO and is just bloody annoying. :angry:

Rod Stewart........never a fan of his music.

Which rock stars would have done themselves a favour to die young and seal a reputation at the top?

Billy Idol, David Lee Roth and Ozzy Osbourne,