Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Been Too Long On The Road

Guest Whisky Head

Hi Guys,

To the areshole who gave a reply to my comments,

I do not write e.mails to show off my grammer or spelling ,

and I did not say I was not sad myself, If you don,t understand our culture then p-ss off back to ozz

Guest Whiskey Head

Hi Guys,

How about Cat Stevens , a brilliant talent, but maybe an early dimiss would have left a greater legacy

Hi Guys,

How about Cat Stevens , a brilliant talent, but maybe an early dimiss would have left a greater legacy?

Stevens stopped making music in 1979, aged about 31, more or less at the height of his popularity.

Now he runs primary schools, not traditionally a life-threatening profession.

I suppose he might get shot accidentally by the police or CIA. :lol:

Hi Guys,

and I did not say I was not sad myself, If you don,t understand our culture then p-ss off back to ozz

Why post anything at all if you're not up for a reply.

I do not write e.mails to show off my grammer or spelling

It's quite evident you're not here to show off your spelling, unless "grammer" is on purpose, and if so I salute you. I doubt it though. Even chimpanzees can tell the difference between commas and apostrophes. Maybe you haven't had enough bananas?

and I did not say I was not sad myself

So, you're calling the site Sad. You'd make a fantastic house guest. Turn up uninvited, call the place a shithole and then wonder why people react the way they do.

If you don,t understand our culture

I understand the culture and language of most English people, those that reflect the culture and language of their country. I'd certainly be wincing if a twunt like you were to presume to speak for me.

then p-ss off back to ozz

From the 'Wizard of Oz'?

I'd expect better from a friend of Dorothy's.

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

How about Cat Stevens , a brilliant talent, but maybe an early dimiss would have left a greater legacy

hmm, bi-polar mabey?

Also one who doesn't look so good that should be on the list is Eddie Van Halen. He is one of the best people to ever play a guitar. This January he will be 51, not that old but in bad shape.

And football fan, I wouldn't say that Ozzy, nor Idol will be going anytime soon. Roth on the other hand might be a good pick for 2006's list.

Guest Whiskey Head

To Gunjaman5000

If it,s evident I didn,t e.mail to show my grammar then why did you comment on it,

I prefer spelling grammar the way I do,

As for chimpanzeze , I actually love animals and I acknowledge your compliment

To Gunjaman5000

If it,s evident I didn,t e.mail to show my grammar then why did you comment on it,

I prefer spelling grammar the way I do,

As for chimpanzeze , I actually love animals and I acknowledge your compliment

Hi Whiskey-Head.

Who did you email? Can we read it?

Don't tell me you mean your post in this forum. If you can't tell the difference between that and an email, then you could be in danger of being ridiculed as an ignorant twunt, and we wouldn't want that, would we?

Are you sure that's Whiskey in your head and not some inferior spirit? Whiskey doesn't usually do that to people in my experience.

Be careful with those animals, there are laws against that in many countries. :angry:

Guest Guest_rip
:angry: lots of people who we all would be better off without. status quo, bono,rolling stones,robert plant,duran duran,petshop boys(boys??) tom jones,cliff richard,tony bennet,simply red,leo sayer,paul weller,etc,etc

:angry: lots of people who we all would be better off without. status quo, bono,rolling stones,robert plant,duran duran,petshop boys(boys??) tom jones,cliff richard,tony bennet,simply red,leo sayer,paul weller,etc,etc

I think most of your list still have quite a few years left in them, the oldest one on your list, I think, is Tony Bennett at 77. (maybe 78)

Think we've rather lost the thread here.

The original question being who would have improved their reputation with an early death?

Not sure Leo Sayer, Duran Duran or even Status Quo were ever up there far enough with the greats to have that much of a reputation to lose. As for Cliff, maybe if he'd died in 1958 he'd be in there with Vince Taylor as Britain's lost rock n roll great.

After that surely it's been an endless parade of pap.

In the upcoming Scorcesee doc Bob Dylan looks to be in rude good health. No need to put him on DL for a few years yet.