millwall32

Next?

Who will be the next DL death for 2005?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 have died so far, 40 are still to go. Who will be the next DL success of 2005?

The ranters choice is Fidel Castro. The popular choice is Ronnie Biggs. The safe money is on Brooke Astor. The "I'll put someone on the list ,even though they have no chance of dying, just because they cheated in a football match" option is Diego Maradona.

Bill Deedes, J.K. Galbraith, and Norman Wisdom are all in bad health. Patrick Moore could go at any time while chasing an intern around his study in a state of priapic fury. Liz Taylor could choke on an eclair (as the late Peter Cook once pointed out). Gerald Ford could fall off something. Could Peter O'Sullevan be near the finishing post? Is Byron Nelson heading for the 19th hole? Could Michael Foot get ambitious, try to walk the dog all the way down the hill to Chalk Farm and having a coronary failure trying to get back home? Will time do to Alexander Solzhenistyn what Stalin could not? Will High Noon come for Frankie Lane before December 31st?

What say you?

Millwall, do you by any chance work for Gallup,

as you seem rather addicted to opinion polls.

:angry:

Guest iain

I had a dream last night that Patrick Moore died so i'll put him as favourite to go next,but i kinda hope im wrong because i like old Pat.He has deteriorated so much in the last year physically that he cant go on much longer though.

Guest Guest
Millwall, do you by any chance work for Gallup,

as you seem rather addicted to opinion polls.

:ghost3:

Thought time had flown for you permanently nice to have you back.

Keep votes coming.

Ronnies gonna go soon methinks

(Posts passim)I think Ronnie is picking up the "emotional vote" and is probably in reasonably good health. Watch how in a few days he will discover some obscure reason, no doubt relating to love for his son, to come off the hunger strike.

Guest Charlemagne

John Kenneth Galbraith is very near of death. My vote go for he.

I saw Olivia de Havilland in Charge of the Light Brigade over the weekend and she looked pretty well I thought...

I saw Olivia de Havilland in Charge of the Light Brigade over the weekend and she looked pretty well I thought...

Indeed. And David Niven and Errol Flynn look like they have few years left in them too.

Lets review. Biggs is still in the lead although the froum as whole seems to think (know) that he is faking. Gerald Ford is maing up ground in what has been a good year for dying politicians. No-one has gone for a joke vote (i.e. Maradona) and as yet we have had no mods trying to shut the poll down.

Still say Les Paul is next to go.

Bill Deedes got my vote again,

I keep voting for him but the stubborn fellow refuses to cooperate.

;)

I had a dream last night that Patrick Moore died so i'll put him as favourite to go next,but i kinda hope im wrong because i like old Pat.He has deteriorated so much in the last year physically that he cant go on much longer though.

Well aren't i a celebrity.....................

That's nothing to do with the poll though, is it HCW - it's more of an admission of assault!

You're probably right, although I think Biggs is yanking our crank which is why I didn't vote for him. So, sorry Liz, heaven ain't gonna wait for you!

I just don't think Ronnie Biggs is going anywhere

anytime soon. He is going to be the new "PJP2"

in a way where he basically seems well overdue.

Even though that's what i'm thinking let's

just hope i'm wrong. ;)

I'm voting Brooke Astor again.

She cannot have much time left now.

Well Im getting bored of voting for Ronnie Biggs, but after numerous false starts we can now add hunger strike to the list of things in his favour - surely its times the DDP joker came in for the DL.net team??

Gerald Ford has my vote for #11.

Ernest Gallo, no particular reason, just can't stand their mass produced wine.

I agree with you about the wine, but unfortunately they'll probably keep making it after he dies.

That's just sour grapes.

*gets coat*

AHHHHHH!! I hate this thread - which happens after every death - it's like speculating on flies crawling up a window! And we're hardly ever right - who voted for Wiesenthal last time eh? No-one - that's who! Cos everyone always votes for Ronny Bloody Biggs

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I'll go and have a lie down....

I've voted for Tony Martin, just because no-one else will. I feel a bit sorry for him you know, the Pete Best of Deathlist 2005.

AHHHHHH!! I hate this thread - which happens after every death - it's like speculating on flies crawling up a window! And we're hardly ever right - who voted for Wiesenthal last time eh? No-one - that's who! Cos everyone always votes for Ronny Bloody Biggs

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I'll go and have a lie down....

Couldn't agree with you more.......

However, I can't be arsed to do any more work this afternoon - Devil and idle hands and all that.

I voted for Michael Foot again in an attempt to make it a record breaking year for Labour.

:sicktherm: