Merlin1935

Predict Your Own Death.....

Some time May 2017 next year when Carlisle United - owned by Donald Trump - sign off on an unbeaten season in League One (having got there by the play offs when the January 2015 signings got promotion from League Two in 2016). The undefeated season and bonus of winning both the Carling Cup and the Football League Trophy (this one for the third time), will bring about a fatal heart attack as I watch three pieces of silverware being paraded around the Brunton Park pitch.

Failing that, I'm not a great drinker - other than DLCons, obviously - and don't smoke/do take regular exercise, so doubtless a sudden heart attack aged about 60 and my fat friends at the funeral muttering "always thought he'd see us out"

how old are you now
  • Like 1

out of interest how old are you?

Approaching 49 but thanks to good genetics and a decent face cream I look about 34-36.

I have a favourite mirror like that, too.

I have a different problem with the mirror. It shows a rapidly greying slightly tubby 45 year old when I am certain that I am a healthy slim raven haired 26 year old.

I was when my daughter was born.

there's still a ton of things you can still do at 45 that you can do at 26

And so much more that one can't

Approaching 49 but thanks to good genetics and a decent face cream I look about 34-36.

I have a different problem with the mirror. It shows a rapidly greying slightly tubby 45 year old when I am certain that I am a healthy slim raven haired 26 year old.

Like what?

Like what?

I should have worded it better: and so much more that one wouldn't.

• Like 2

As a self-confessed Alcoholic, well recovering actually probably some sort of Alcoholic related death for me probably Alcoholic Poisioning, although i hardly drink now (Teetotal most of the time). I was at one point drinking up to 70 pints a week or drinking up to 6 litre bottles of Cider a session. I still think i can drink to those levels and a couple of times a year I'm known to go on a binge and drink up to 6 litre bottles of Cider over a 3 or 4 hour period before passing out drunk, should already be dead really the amount of times i have passed out drunk, don't intend to drink for a long while but know i won't be on the wagon forever. Surely one day my luck will run out even though i think i'm indestructible. I do some exercise up to 25k on the exercise bike on a semi regular basis though i'm a couple of stone overweight and although i don't eat much, i eat crap and addicted to cheese and caffine, with history of stroke and heart attack in family those are a possibility. I predict i will die sometime in the next 10 years around 2022.

• Like 1

Like what?

The question still stands... like what?

As a self-confessed Alcoholic, well recovering actually probably some sort of Alcoholic related death for me probably Alcoholic Poisioning, although i hardly drink now (Teetotal most of the time). I was at one point drinking up to 70 pints a week or drinking up to 6 litre bottles of Cider a session. I still think i can drink to those levels and a couple of times a year I'm known to go on a binge and drink up to 6 litre bottles of Cider over a 3 or 4 hour period before passing out drunk, should already be dead really the amount of times i have passed out drunk, don't intend to drink for a long while but know i won't be on the wagon forever. Surely one day my luck will run out even though i think i'm indestructible. I do some exercise up to 25k on the exercise bike on a semi regular basis though i'm a couple of stone overweight and although i don't eat much, i eat crap and addicted to cheese and caffine, with history of stroke and heart attack in family those are a possibility. I predict i will die sometime in the next 10 years around 2022.

A lot of things are starting to make sense now, like how you said you turned 30 this year but you put "86" in your username...

A lot of things are starting to make sense now, like how you said you turned 30 this year but you put "86" in your username...

Actually that has nothing to do with the drink, as a Man.Utd fan it was the year Sir Alex Ferguson joined Man.Utd as manager i was born in 1985, but Fergie joined in 86, quite sad i know but that is the reason.

The question still stands... like what?

The first thing that came to mind was that I wouldn't have sex in a public park in the middle of the day, again.

I do know someone with almost that level of consumption and he's still kicking at nearly 51. So there is hope for another two decades if willing.

• Like 1

I do know someone with almost that level of consumption and he's still kicking at nearly 51. So there is hope for another two decades if willing.

That's nice to know, but i'm virtually teetotal nowadays, don't think i would be able to carry on like i was doing to be honest, although the only real health issues i was having was terrible mouth ulcers after drinking and stomach cramps occasionally, as i say don't drink much at all now but do still have a mad session every now and then and that will be my undoing probably. Still like i always use to say, what's the point in having a liver if your not going to use it.

That's nice to know, but i'm virtually teetotal nowadays, don't think i would be able to carry on like i was doing to be honest, although the only real health issues i was having was terrible mouth ulcers after drinking and stomach cramps occasionally, as i say don't drink much at all now but do still have a mad session every now and then and that will be my undoing probably. Still like i always use to say, what's the point in having a liver if your not going to use it.

My uncle got sober and was on the wait list for a liver transplant. He did manage to stay sober and was eventually taken off as his liver recovered to an acceptable level. Throat cancer got him in the end at age 65. He always joked that he got his money's worth out of his hard-working liver.

• Like 3

My uncle got sober and was on the wait list for a liver transplant. He did manage to stay sober and was eventually taken off as his liver recovered to an acceptable level. Throat cancer got him in the end at age 65. He always joked that he got his money's worth out of his hard-working liver.

The Liver is a remarkable organ, the only one in the body that can repair itself apparently, it is just a shame that the rest of your organs can't do the same. Although i think i'm indestructible, i can't imagine still being around in another 35 years as i feel as if i have been here forever as it is.

The Liver is a remarkable organ, the only one in the body that can repair itself apparently, it is just a shame that the rest of your organs can't do the same. Although i think i'm indestructible, i can't imagine still being around in another 35 years as i feel as if i have been here forever as it is.

It can also keep you alive functioning at 10% which amazes me. I'm not sure that I'll see 70 the odds are against me and I am way okay with that and with 49(ish) years down I still think I have stuff to do. If it is my time it is my time, no regrets. As I am female and tend to read into things that may not be there, I'll make the offer anyway - if you need to vent or chat feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

Well, based on our well-researched (but poorly drawn) family tree, I should live to be at least 80 like most of my ancestors. I have a fairly healthy lifestyle too. Also, medical advancement will likely increase at an exponential rate in the distant future, so add +15 to that. :wheelchair:

June 23, 2090, at age 96 seems like a good bet. :D

It can also keep you alive functioning at 10% which amazes me. I'm not sure that I'll see 70 the odds are against me and I am way okay with that and with 49(ish) years down I still think I have stuff to do. If it is my time it is my time, no regrets. As I am female and tend to read into things that may not be there, I'll make the offer anyway - if you need to vent or chat feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the offer, if i ever feel the need to Vent or Chat, i will PM you.

• Like 1

Guest KeiraV

Now, soon, tomorrow, after 10 years, after 100 years.

Like what?

Auto fellatio.

Funnily enough, I made a quick guess before I took part in the Deathclock. 2015 I thought. The result: 20/12/2016!

I've got eleven years left to live...

...I'm not even 30 yet! :pop:

Crumbs.png
Down to one now!

Funnily enough, I made a quick guess before I took part in the Deathclock. 2015 I thought. The result: 20/12/2016!

Crumbs.png
Down to one now!

I wouldn't worry - apparently I've been dead for three years already.

• Like 1

Down to one now!

I wouldn't worry - apparently I've been dead for three years already.

I'm 57 and I've only 37 years left.

...I'm not even 30 yet! pop.gif

Hope you are still alive! If not, R.I.P.

• Like 1

I don't know when it will happen, but for sure I'll let you know (not in first person, though).

But how long do think you'll keep deadpooling for (or is the another thread for that?).

• Like 1