weatherman90

How About Bringing Back Some Oldies?

There are only 5 Remaining Survivors from the 1987 Deathlist:

Ozzy Osbourne (Aged 57)

Anna Wing (Aged 91)

Jimmy Savile (Aged 79)

Andrea De Cesaris (Aged 46)

Clive Dunn (Aged 85)

I think we should bring back some of them for the 2006 List, probably not Ozzy or Andrea Cesaris since his racing days are long gone. But the other 3 are aged quite well now and could be promising.

Well Weatherman90 i'm sure we will be seeing the old

Deathlist favorite Clive Dunn back. I'm guessing next

years list. :P

Jimmy Saville is clearly stacking it up with age. Perhaps

depending on his health\ maybe in a couple years..

As for Ozzy and Andrea - I doubt Ozzy is going to be on here.

Years back i suppose there were drug addictions and just recently

he had some kind of quad accident if i'm not mistaken. Even though

that sounds like a spot on here i'm not so sure if he actually is going

to die. :huh: Then Andrea i believe is a former race car driver who was

responsible for quite a few accidents in the 80's. Atleast i'm pretty sure.

To tell the truth last i heard he retired so that would most likely

count him out. ;)

And Anna Wing! As reported here she is definitly worth

discussion accounting on she's 91 years old. I would say

there's a chance of seeing her name again on a future list. ;)

There are only 5 Remaining Survivors from the 1987 Deathlist:

Ozzy Osbourne (Aged 57)

Anna Wing (Aged 91)

Jimmy Savile (Aged 79)

Andrea De Cesaris (Aged 46)

Clive Dunn (Aged 85)

I think we should bring back some of them for the 2006 List, probably not Ozzy or Andrea Cesaris since his racing days are long gone. But the other 3 are aged quite well now and could be promising.

Only Anna Wing should have a good chance of getting on DL 2006. The others are either too young and are faking illness/ quad accidents (hello Ozzy) or are older and in quite good health.

Who the hell is Anna wing by the way?

Guest The Wizard

She played "Lou Beale" in the popular British soap "Eastenders."

let's put her down, on a Wing and a Prayer

I saw her in a restaurant in Marylebone about a montha ago and she looked to be in fine health. More of "sudden death" than a "long drawn out illness" candidate I would have thought. Also since she hasn't been on TV for so long it would be tricky getting any news about her. A possible inclusion and a moderate risk I would have said.

frankly, if we have to ask who she is, she hardly qualifies. And in the interests of being sporting, I think the list should include at least 10 under-80s and 5 under-70s. Ozzie is still a quality candidate. Hardly an intellectual pursuit to identify every zimmer-wielding nonagenarian with a CV.

Well there's a chap called Doherty who may go on next year and bring the average age down a bit ... he seems to have potential. :huh:

Andrea de Cesaris is a non starter - literally - these days. He was only a contender in this company in the days when he was dubbed 'de Crasheris' because of his habit of pranging racing cars. Entertaining in those days, likely to live a long and healthy life now.

I saw her in a restaurant in Marylebone about a montha ago and she looked to be in fine health. More of "sudden death" than a "long drawn out illness" candidate I would have thought. Also since she hasn't been on TV for so long it would be tricky getting any news about her. A possible inclusion and a moderate risk I would have said.

Millwall, you seem to see a lot of celebrities on your travels.

frankly, if we have to ask who she is, she hardly qualifies. And in the interests of being sporting, I think the list should include at least 10 under-80s and 5 under-70s. Ozzie is still a quality candidate. Hardly an intellectual pursuit to identify every zimmer-wielding nonagenarian with a CV.

I don't like the idea of age quotas. I think the only criterion should be "high probablility of dying within 12 months".

I don't like the idea of age quotas. I think the only criterion should be "high probablility of dying within 12 months".

for what it's worth, I'm with 11:57 p.m. on this one, at least the principle. First point is the person should be truly and unarguably famous, at a minimum known by the average bloke in the street in the UK, and preferably more widely known overseas than that. And just picking a bunch of 90 something people who might have achieved something in life, but whom the typical DL poster has honestly never heard of before seeing them on the list, seems a bit like clubbing seals to me.

The others are either too young and are faking illness/ quad accidents (hello Ozzy)

You think Ozzy faked his accident, why?

for what it's worth, I'm with 11:57 p.m. on this one, at least the principle. First point is the person should be truly and unarguably famous, at a minimum known by the average bloke in the street in the UK, and preferably more widely known overseas than that. And just picking a bunch of 90 something people who might have achieved something in life, but whom the typical DL poster has honestly never heard of before seeing them on the list, seems a bit like clubbing seals to me.

Candidates should definitely pass the famousness test, but there's no point in choosing young famous people who've got virtually no chance of imminent death. They should be old/sick as well to maximise the list's mortality rate.

Candidates should definitely pass the famousness test, but there's no point in choosing young famous people who've got virtually no chance of imminent death. They should be old/sick as well to maximise the list's mortality rate.

Agreed. So, what do we think of Pete Doherty for '06? Apparently he was drinking orange juice on stage last night, so maybe it's clean living from here on out.

Come to think of it, I did read somewhere that Doherty is embarking on a phase of healthy living.

I didn't report it because A.) I didn't believe it, and B.) if it were true, he is hardly going to stick to it.

Ronnie

I doubt that Pete Doherty will stick to Orange Juice for long. Still an outside bet I'd say.

If we are considering Pete, should we not also consider his girlfriend/ex-girllfriend/whatver Kate Moss?

If we are considering Pete, should we not also consider his girlfriend/ex-girllfriend/whatver Kate Moss?

Whatever is probably correct as I don't think he was 'sober' long enough to find out for himself what she was.

Agreed.  So, what do we think of Pete Doherty for '06?  Apparently he was drinking orange juice on stage last night, so maybe it's clean living from here on out.

I think it's going to take more than the odd glass of OJ to fix his problems.

I think it's going to take more than the odd glass of OJ to fix his problems.

A single OD might do the trick, though.

regards,

Hein

...and she has her own thread here....