Sign in to follow this  
Gunjaman5000

Work Or Home?

Is work or home your primary access to the Deathlist  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I work shifts, in a position where I have vast amounts of time to try to look busy and small amounts of time to be very busy, and I've noticed the high number of members logging on around 0900 GMT. No profession or place of employment needed (beware the interweb stalker), just where you are.

Who else is trying to look busy?

I was late for a very important meeting at work the other day. The reason?....

I was busy reading the Pete Doherty thead.

I have spent most of my life trying to look busy. I have it down to a fine art now.

One thing would help - if you could choose a background colour for the forum to match whatever software you were supposed to be working with.

I wish I could skive off at work to read deathlist. Unfortunatly there's no chance of that, so I skulk to the public library before going onto work later.

About equal work and home for me, although some of my work is done at home so that complicates the picture.

Speaking as a lazy good for nothing student whos blonde works an alien concept for me

Guest Stefan Dox

This site is interesting as well as informative. Enjoyed browning through the site. Keep up the g

ood work.

Enjoyed browning through the site.

That sounds a little bit rude. :sick:

When I was at school we called gay men 'browners' and their preferred activity 'browning'. Are the terms still used? Whatever did Stefan mean?

Enjoyed browning through the site.

That sounds a little bit rude. :sick:

When I was at school we called gay men 'browners' and their preferred activity 'browning'. Are the terms still used? Whatever did Stefan mean?

I'm familiar with the term "Brown Hatters" and there used to be connotations with brown suade shoes - the sort favoured by Jeremy Thorpe. It was a bit dodgy to be seen in a pair of Hush Puppies.

This site is interesting as well as informative. Enjoyed browning through the site. Keep up the g

ood work.

When I was at university in the US, "browning" referred to when someone coughed and spluttered after taking too large a drag of weed.

So I'm told.

ood work.

When I was at university in the US, "browning" referred to when someone coughed and spluttered after taking too large a drag of weed.

So I'm told.

We used to call that "hacking". Funny how times change.

I work from home most of the time, can't remember the last time I switched on the system in my office, although I think my assistant uses it to play games when she's bored.

Note: I added a choice to the poll so I could vote. :sick: I also log on from my laptop while travelling.

Because of the nature of my I work, there really is no choice for me. I travel (frantically) by car which I have to drive for myself so 'home' is the only option. Or internet caff if I'm abroad.

I'd be interested to hear more from those who've chosen 'none of the above' thus excluding home, work and elsewhere. What can they possibly mean? :lol::D

Used to be nearly always just work, but now is both (work and home). We finally have broadband in our little backwater. 1/2meg only, but WOW!

Used to be nearly always just work, but now is both (work and home). We finally have broadband in our little backwater. 1/2meg only, but WOW!

We managed to get broadband last month, 1 whole meg, holy crappola. We might get a gas supply soon.

We managed to get broadband last month, 1 whole meg, holy crappola. We might get a gas supply soon.

I work from home so I suppose it's all of the above.

I sort of hoped that the arrival of broadband here (still only 512K) might signal the start of technological revolution, but nope, still no sign of gas or sewers.

I sort of hoped that the arrival of broadband here (still only 512K) might signal the start of technological revolution, but nope, still no sign of gas or sewers.

Surely the sheer pleasure of being the proud owner of septic tank is far better than being connected to common old mains sewerage. Who could want mains gas when one can have a delightful oil tank outside ones dwelling or a shed full of calor gas bottles. These surely are the joys of rural life. :)

It's times like this I love living in a large American city with everything I want within driving distance, world class museums, international airports, car dealerships, malls, Petsmart, traffic, congestion, air quality alert days, military bases......

OK, OK - maybe I would trade my broadband connection.....or not. :)

Surely the sheer pleasure of being the proud owner of septic tank is far better than being connected to common old mains sewerage. Who could want mains gas when one can have a delightful oil tank outside ones dwelling or a shed full of calor gas bottles. These surely are the joys of rural life. :)

Actually we do have a sceptic tank, and we use the gas (47Kg) bottles, but no oil tank though

Actually we do have a sceptic tank, and we use the gas (47Kg) bottles, but no oil tank though

Wasn't that the holding cell used by the Spanish Inquisition?

Ah the joys of Calor gas. We are off the mains and many years ago I put two propane tanks in...... The most expensive decision ever.

Ah the joys of Calor gas. We are off the mains and many years ago I put two propane tanks in...... The most expensive decision ever.

You should turn your most expensive decision in to your most explosive destruction and claim on the insurance.

You should turn your most expensive decision in to your most explosive destruction and claim on the insurance.

Don't tempt me :)

Wasn't that the holding cell used by the Spanish Inquisition?

No-one expects the Spanish Inquision