weatherman90

Near Misses for 2005

Guest IYG

Not famous enough to be on the list, but has one major impact on the horror genre.

Debra Hill

Great movie, but I'm not sure if animals are worthy of being mentioned here :)

Great movie, but I'm not sure if animals are worthy of being mentioned here :)

Except Amanda's dog..... ;)

Cancer claims TV vet St-Onge

JIM BAWDEN

TELEVISION COLUMNIST

When Guylaine St-Onge, the talented TV co-star of such Canadian series as Earth: Final Conflict and Lonesome Dove, decided to switch to theatre producing, she took on more than she bargained for.

In 2001 St-Onge agreed to produce a staging of Brad Fraser's Unidentified Human Remains and the True Nature of Love but had to take over the leading role of Candy just four days before the opening. Propelled into the role, opposite John Carson, she was lovely and affecting, demonstrating a shading to her talent which few people knew existed.

"Maybe this will be my way into theatre. I totally loved it," she told The Star's Rita Zekas in 2001. "To have the discipline of an actor to perform every night with the audience right there.

"You get fed by the audience. On a movie set, you're lucky if you feel something at the end of the day."

St-Onge died Thursday of cervical cancer after a courageous 2 1/2-year fight. She was just 39. Few people outside her closest friends knew she was sick. She tried to continue working as best she could while undergoing alternative treatments.

Born in Montreal, she grew up in the small town of Ste-Hyacinthe where she began studying ballet at 4. By 14 she was taking the bus weekly to Montreal to perform in a dance troupe.

She also appeared on a Montreal TV show titled Lautrec '83, described by St-Onge as "Solid Gold without a budget. It was the '80s: high heels with gold lamé and a big smile. I did ballroom, cha-cha, Latin dancing."

She then jumped to the big-budget CTV drama series Mount Royal (1989) as Stephanie Valeur. "I had no acting experience other than commercials," she told Zekas.

Looking like Monaco's Princess Stephanie, she played a model in Paris, who falls for one of her father's oldest friends. "It set the status for most of my subsequent roles: the wealthy bitch," she told Zekas.

She then played a tycoon's amoral wife in the Keith Carradine series Fast Track, which was shot in Toronto in 1997. In Lonesome Dove she played the recurring character of Florie (1995-96) and in three Ken Finkleman series including More Tears (1997) she played "the wife of the rich guy who ran away with his secretary."

"Ken had me watch Fellini's 8 1/2," St-Onge joked. "I had short hair and I was sexy with glasses and very mysterious."

There was more sex but less mystery in the Toronto-made series Earth: Final Conflict (1997), where she played the malicious Juda, an alien with an insatiable appetite for human life. "I'm a vampire seductress," she explained at the time. "I wore a leather outfit with a triple-D bra size and I sucked the life out of everybody."

Recent movies included Angel Eyes (2001) with Jennifer Lopez and One Way Out (2002) with Jim Belushi.

She leaves her ex-husband David, companion Zéca and nine-year-old son Aiden.

Great movie, but I'm not sure if animals are worthy of being mentioned here

red rum

number 27!

Guest IYG

Quite a superb actress, did some very good movies with William Wyler.

The actress Teresa Wright left this world on Sunday at the age of 86. She co-starred in such movies as Mrs.Minniver,(for which she won a best supporting actress Academy Award) and Pride of the Yankees for which she was nominated for a best actress award.

Guest IYG

You're already beat, it's already on the near misses for 2005.

(So is this, now that it's been merged into the thread it belongs in. ;) -TH)

Edited by Typhoid Harry

Dave Allen died today aged 68. It's the ones who haven't been seen or heard of for a while we have to be wary off. Any other entertainers that have ominously dropped off the radar?

themaninblack, there is already a Dave Allen thread that you have already left a posting on. Why do you think there is a need to go into 2 seperate threads?

Great movie, but I'm not sure if animals are worthy of being mentioned here :D

Except Amanda's dog..... :angry:

Why on earth are animals not worthy of being mentioned?

Why on earth are animals not worthy of being mentioned?

I don't think it's that they're not worthy, but there aren't many famous real-life animals are there? Except for the odd race-horse and famous pet.

Desert Orchid

Bubbles the chimp

Bill Clinton's cat, Socks

Anyone think of any more?

Anyway Yvonne, where have you been? Three posts in four months. Come on here more often if you want middle-aged men flirting with you, offering you an avatar (and other "services") and generally making fools of themselves. :D

Only kidding.

No-one flirts with me.

Aaawwwww! Thats a shame, would you like me to be your blind flirt for tonight?

No-one flirts with me. :(

Is that a complaint or a threat? :2guns:

regards,

Hein

No-one flirts with me. ;)

(adopting smoothest Terry-Thomas drawl)

Well, Helll-ooo...

Really Rita, you wouldn't want the full horror of the DL lotharios brathing sweet nothings into your ears.

Nasty.

No-one flirts with me.  ;)

(adopting smoothest Terry-Thomas drawl)

Well, Helll-ooo...

Really Rita, you wouldn't want the full horror of the DL lotharios brathing sweet nothings into your ears.

Nasty.

Is that something naughty?

Another drummer dies

Jakson Spires