weatherman90

Near Misses for 2005

Arnnold Weinstein, poet, playwright, and librettist, has died.

At least he has his own topic now. RIP.

Not anymore, you've been merged sunshine.

It was anounced today that actor Bob Denver died this past Friday at age 70 at a North Carolina hospital after undergoing open-heart surgery. In the 1950s and 1960s Denver starred in the title roles of popular sitcoms: "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" and "Gilligan's Island."

I heard he wasn't to well but i didn't think it would

be anything fatal. I just saw a report of his death as

i logged on to the internet. It surprises me. :lol:

Guest IYG

Mods, merge this thread. I can only do it once I'm back home which is in about 3-4 hours.

Mods, merge this thread. I can only do it once I'm back home which is in about 3-4 hours.

We can wait for you :lol:

Guest IYG

Am I really the messiah?

Am I really the messiah?

Your catching up with us :(

Guest iain

- Bob Denver, the bumbling namesake of "Gilligan's Island" who embarked on what was supposed to be a three-hour tour and endeared himself to generations of TV fans, has died at age 70.

ive never heard of him myself,but i gather he was an iconic figure in the states

Guest IYG
Former Manchester United captain Noel Cantwell has died at the age of 72 after a battle against cancer.

Cantwell dies after cancer battle

*sniff*

Though I do not know of this player, he was one of us. :P

Former Manchester United captain Noel Cantwell has died at the age of 72 after a battle against cancer.

*sniff*

In what way?

Born in Germany, lived in Israel most of his life. Traveled a lot for a young man and lived in Houston, USA, Texas?

*sniff*

Inar! Get a grip, man... tissues.gif

Remember where you are!

I didn't know that Noel Cantwell was a Jedi. I hope he didn't use his powers on the pitch. That wouldn't be very sporting.

Guest IYG

Ha ha ha. Yes I am a jedi knight or rather was. I was thrown out for indecent exposure. But I'm also a Man U fan, since I was bitty boy, all those months ago.

Guest iain

i wish George Best would hurry up and snuff it

It was anounced today that actor Bob Denver died this past Friday at age 70 at a North Carolina hospital after undergoing open-heart surgery. In the 1950s and 1960s Denver starred in the title roles of popular sitcoms: "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" and "Gilligan's Island."

Am gutted!

Oh, the hours I spent wiling away my youth on that island, learing how to construct radio transmitting devices from a few coconut shells, a bit of seaweed, and the venom of that ginormous poisonous spider that lived in the cave. Sigh... No wonder I have a penchant for academic-types.

Guest Dr. Claude Phd.
... No wonder I have a penchant for academic-types.

Indeed...

Guest iain

Grammy-award winning guitarist and singer Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown has died in Texas at the age of 81.The musician was "devastated " after his home in Slidell, Louisiana was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

"I'm sure he was heartbroken, both literally and figuratively," said his booking agent Rick Cady.

"He evacuated successfully before the hurricane hit, but I'm sure it weighed heavily on his soul."

more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4234938.stm

Grammy-award winning guitarist and singer Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown has died in Texas at the age of 81.The musician was "devastated " after his home in Slidell, Louisiana was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

"I'm sure he was heartbroken, both literally and figuratively," said his booking agent Rick Cady.

"He evacuated successfully before the hurricane hit, but I'm sure it weighed heavily on his soul."

more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4234938.stm

I attended one of his gigs a few years ago. He was one of the best blues musicians that I have ever listened to.

Regards,

ff