weatherman90

Near Misses for 2005

Guest iain
take a look at the pic of the worlds oldest person and pray ,as i am, that you dont live that long!

This is a hoax! She's obviously been dead for years.

actually it turns out she died a year or so after that pic wa s taken..although how she lasted a year in that condition God only knows!

take a look at the pic of the worlds oldest person and pray ,as i am, that you dont live that long!

actually it turns out she died a year or so after that pic wa s taken..although how she lasted a year in that condition God only knows!

Maybe she changed her routine to sleeping for six days then staying awake for one day.

Sadly our dear friend Kalman Ruttenstein has passed over to the great beyond. The cause was listed as lymphoma and he was 69 years of age. Mr. Ruttenstein was the force behind keeping Bloomingdale's chic.

Here's more:::::::::: Kal Ruttenstein in the New York Times

08f.jpg

I have a life expectancy of 87 and a 1/2!

Hopefully Ronnie Biggs will have given the DeathList a point by then! ;)

This is the worlds oldest person Lizzie Bolden. A DDP near cert.

Seems Wiki is out of date, as Lizzie has been beaten by an Ecuadorean woman.

See the Worlds oldest thread.

Edited by Tempus Fugit

...... Lizzie has been beaten by an Ecuadorean woman.

oh dear! I do hope she will be alright.

When the Guinness Book Of Records confirmed her status as the oldest Brit, Mrs d'Abreu said: "I have become famous for no reason. God alone knows why I've lived so long."

Are you listening Derby Dead Pool...

Quiet you. If that other woman hadn't turned out to be older than Mrs. Bolden, it would have been an easy point. ;)

Different site, different rules.

But as I brought up before, Bolden may not get an obit now that she's not a the world's oldest... I'm thinking it's not worth the risk.

When the Guinness Book Of Records confirmed her status as the oldest Brit, Mrs d'Abreu said: "I have become famous for no reason. God alone knows why I've lived so long."

Are you listening Derby Dead Pool...

Quiet you. If that other woman hadn't turned out to be older than Mrs. Bolden, it would have been an easy point. ;)

Different site, different rules.

But as I brought up before, Bolden may not get an obit now that she's not a the world's oldest... I'm thinking it's not worth the risk.

I think I'll pick them both, worth the risk I think.

How much longer can a 116 year old woman last?

Eric Edwards aka. Alberta Slim dies at age 95.

He had just recorded something three weeks prior for the CBC. Who would have thought he would have gone after a period of activity? This certainly highlights the unpredictibility of nonagenarians.

Guest iain

Maybe she changed her routine to sleeping for six days then staying awake for one day.

i can confirm that she has now switched to a new permanent routine of sleeping for 7 days and staying awake for none ;)

well known Russian actor Georgiy_Zhzhonov has died aged 90

Well known to yourself and Tempus Fugit, who are obviously experts in the field of Russian cinema, but to who else?

(Will you two be having arguments over the spelling of his name?)

Gloria Sheaves, one of the original high kicking Bluebell girls at the Moulin Rouge has kicked the bucket at 92. Was still doing high kicks in her 90s apparently. Not a pretty sight.

Guest iain
well known Russian actor Georgiy_Zhzhonov has died aged 90

Well known to yourself and Tempus Fugit, who are obviously experts in the field of Russian cinema, but to who else?

(Will you two be having arguments over the spelling of his name?)

you have to educate yourself in the great art of Russian film-making..its great fun!

Gloria Sheaves, one of the original high kicking Bluebell girls at the Moulin Rouge has kicked the bucket at 92. Was still doing high kicks in her 90s apparently. Not a pretty sight.

I can hear it now at St. Pedro's Gate as the angels join inn unison singing

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness

Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve

waiting fot the harvest and the time of reaping

we shall come rejoicing bringing in Ms. Sheaves.

Bringing in Ms. Sheaves, bringing in Ms. Sheaves. We shall come rejoicing bringing in Ms. Sheaves.

Going forth with weeping sowing for the Master

through the loss sustained our spirit often grieves

when our weepings over He will bid us welcome

and we shall come rejoicing bringing in Ms.Sheaves.

Apologies to Knowles Shaw and George Minor who penned the words and music for this great hummable hymn (prominently played a few times on tnhe old television series Little House on the Prairie)

This will of course be followed by ":"Her name is G-L-O-R-I-A.......Glor.......ia..., Gloria, Gloria

Yeah she comes around here

just about midnight"

(apologies to The Shadows of Knight)

Lucy d' Abreu the UK's oldest person,

has died aged 113.

It's funny how the U.K. oldest man and woman both die within 2 days of each other.

Bugger, bugger and bugger, my DDP selections are dropping like flies,

couldn't the selfish swine have waited a few weeks. :P

EErie coincidence how one of her films was The Ghost goes West...and another was Lady In The Death House....