Near Misses for 2005

Guest Darth Hideous

Good God :blink:

I can't believe that nobody's mentioned George Best!! :P

Cool site BTW :D

Guest Darth Hideous

Ooops, I see it's been mentioned elsewhere on the site. Ho-hum :blink:

Guest Guest
George Best has finally departed this mortal coil. Thought he'd last till next year the way he was going!

Oh yes they have mentioned George Best , the quote is from Friday and also there are a few threads about him

Founder member of The Shadows has died

Guest iain
George Best  has finally departed this mortal coil. Thought he'd last till next year the way he was going!

Oh yes they have mentioned George Best , the quote is from Friday and also there are a few threads about him

mentioned him? we ve virtually written a book about him while waiting for him to snuff it! :blink:

Guest iain

Bit of a shocker t his one..the french footballer David di Tommaso has died suddenly aged just 26,its just been announced

Bit of a shocker t his one..the french footballer David di Tommaso has died suddenly aged just 26,its just been announced

Wonder if it was "Sudden Adult Death Syndrome"?

Edit: Says here he had a heart attack.

That's a helluva name for a sportsman.

That's a helluva name for a sportsman.

So's "G. Love", especially for someone who won four golden ones.

As with virtually every name on the "near misses" page, despite being an avid baseball fan and living in the US the better part of 20 years, I'd never heard of Vic Power.

Actress Wendie Jo Sperber, has died aged 46 from cancer.

Her imdb biog. She was in all 3 of the "Back to the future" movies also "Batchelor Party" and "Private Benjamin".

Score one for the great Canadian Paul :D

If she had held out another month, I'd have some DDP points. She was my number 5 choice... :ph34r:

Haha, sorry for the BS style arrogance, but I was really in need of a good game of childish "told ya so" today. :P

Marc Lawrence

Archetypal movie bad guy, he was blacklisted after testifying before the House Un-American Activities Committee and implicating several co-workers as communist sympathisers.

Died aged 95. Recent appearances to note include "From Dusk Till Dawn" as the motel owner. Also featured in a couple of Bond films.

""Lawrence was perhaps the only character actor of the 1930s and 1940s still being cast in similar gangsterish roles in the 1980s and 1990s" (Leonard Maltin)

IMDB entry

Famous scene in "Diamonds are Forever" (where he has an uncredited role as a "thug" and throws Plenty out of a hotel window into a swimming pool below):

James Bond: "Exceptionally fine shot."

Thug: "I didn't know there was a pool down there."

Recent appearances to note include "From Dusk Till Dawn" as the motel owner.

Definetely one of, if not THE favourite movie of mine. :referee: The perfect blend of ridiculous and entertaining.

Her imdb biog. She was in all 3 of the "Back to the future" movies also "Batchelor Party" and "Private Benjamin".

And 2005 ddp leader, "Fallen Sparrow" selected her. That team now has 12 successful hits out of the 20 people that they selected :referee:

And 2005 ddp leader, "Fallen Sparrow" selected her. That team now has 12 successful hits out of the 20 people that they selected :referee:

Someone selected her for their joker and scored 12 points. Smart move. But she hasn't gotten her UK obit yet, so Fallen Sparrow may still be a few feet from their crown.

And 2005 ddp leader, "Fallen Sparrow" selected her. That team now has 12 successful hits out of the 20 people that they selected :o

Someone selected her for their joker and scored 12 points. Smart move. But she hasn't gotten her UK obit yet, so Fallen Sparrow may still be a few feet from their crown.

Wendie Jo Sperber has got her UK obit.

Also Lady Mary Mills has died. John Mills widow, congrats to Grim Rita on that DDP success.

Guest iain

actor Jack Colvin has died aged 71.He was best known for playing the part of the investigator Jack McGee in the 70s series of the Incredible Hulk

And 2005 ddp leader, "Fallen Sparrow" selected her. That team now has 12 successful hits out of the 20 people that they selected :o

Wendie Jo Sperber has got her UK obit.

Also Lady Mary Mills has died. John Mills widow, congrats to Grim Rita on that DDP success.

Why thank you TP! She's also my first point on the other Deadpool game I play in and I could win cash in this one! :P