Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

Don't you just hate that?

I'll tell you what i hate.

Hey, do we need a "pet peeve" thread? :lol:

regards,

Hein

I really dislike that idea.

Saw Mo Mowlam on TV the other day. She had a brain tumour a few years ago & still looks fragile.

(I wouldn't wish her dead though as she's a great woman)

Don't you just hate that?

I'll tell you what i hate.

Hey, do we need a "pet peeve" thread? ;)

I like my pet, so no. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: Ernest Borgnine could be one for the list after all he is a 90 year old :P

my bets with Kirk Douglas getting on the list

There are a couple good names on there..

Lady Bird Johnson

Charles Lane

Billy Graham

Zsa Zsa Gabor

I say those are the DL's best bet's for 2006.

Hopefully they could keep breathing untill then. :D

What do we do if they don't?

Guest IYG

How about Norman Lloyd for next year's list, he's an actor who I think matches the famous enough and he is 90 years old.

Guest Wozza

How about Charles Lane?

He's just passed 100 and has starred in just about everything ever in the US.

Also, Katherine Young is 104.

This woman is apparently the eldest person known to surf the net! This may be her only claim to fame, but up until now, I doubt many of the people listed have had the ability to spot their own name on this deathlist...so expect possible hate mail from a very unhappy old lady if you decide to include her in your 2006 list.

;)

Guest windsor

Ollie Johnston (1912-)

He is the last surving member of Disney's 9 old men. Is that famous enough. Don't know of his health but he is old. His 8 other friend are dead so perhaps lonliness will set in.

;):(:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

What about Anna Wing (Lou Beale - EastEnders).

She was on the original list in 1987 at 73 years old and has been ignored since.

She's 90+ now and must be due for a return in 2006?

;)

She was on the original list in 1987 at 73 years old and has been ignored since.

:rip:

The way things are going on Eastenders with old characters, she will probably be due for a return there shortly. Don't know whether they killed her character off, but that doesn't seem to matter anyway!

Maybe she could have an affair with one of the Slaters?

:rip:

Maybe her and Clive Dunn are the 2 immortals

Welcome to deathlist Wozza

How about...

Dick Cheney - Yank politician, dicky ticker.

Bill Clinton - er, Yank politician, dicky ticker.

Prof Steven Hawking - a miracle he's lasted this long.

Baroness Thatcher - surely due to go the way of her party?

Prince Harry - liable to get himself shot.

Carol Vorderman - well, if it happened to Richard Whiteley...

Sir David Attenborough - already quite ancient, believed to be globetrotting once again in pursuit of dangerous animals.

President Musharraf of Pakistan - survived several assassination attempts, so far...

Kylie Minogue - you can never be sure with cancer, tragic but true.

Robert Mugabe - well, we can but hope.

Osama bin Laden - will they finally get him? No, probably not I suppose, forget I mentioned him.

Know it's a long list and some of these have been discussed a lot already, apologies if this pisses anyone off.

None are racing certs, but worth a punt surely? Hope I'm wrong about some though, especially Hawking and Attenborough.

Something's telling me there's something not quite right about that logic but I just can't work it out. ;)

Prince Phillip

Dennis Norden

William G Stewart

Michael Barrymore

Des Lynam

Kylie>>> probally not tho

Blanche , Betty, Fred, Norris, Rita, Emily

theres countless oldies on corrie, i dont know how many are in bad health but Freds overweight and nearly died after being stabbed by a man in a gay bar year back.

maybe ones to keep an eye on for years to come.....

Merged [HCW]

Something's telling me there's something not quite right about that logic but I just can't work it out. ;)

Logical? LOGICAL??!!?? Who do you think you're talking to here, Mr Spock? No seriously, the theory behind my celebrity death predictions is entirely logical - it just so happens that my logic is different to everyone else's.

I just find it a little suspicious that, according to reports, poor Richard appeared to be recovering when he took such a sudden and dramatic turn for the worse. I think it's possible that, in fact, a grudge-harbouring and very psychotic losing Countdown contestant snuck into the hospital and did for him. In that case, Carol becomes an obvious target. In fact, to be safe, I'd also issue warnings for their safety to the lady who used to do the letters before Carol, and all the lexicographers at the Oxford English Dictionary, and regular Dictionary Corner guests Gyles Brandreth and Richard Stilgoe.

On second thoughts, scrub Brandreth and Stilgoe and add them to my death predictions please, if they're still alive anyway.

Also forgot to include Sir Ranulph Fiennes in my previous post. One of the great explorers of our time, but also quite possibly barking, carpet-bitingly mad, he has proposed to follow up his near-death experience on Everest with an ascent of the Eiger. I reckon the guy's determined to go out in style.

On second thoughts, scrub Brandreth and Stilgoe and add them to my death predictions please, if they're still alive anyway.

Good call PS.

Stilgoe has been a hate figure round my way for many a year. Any more 'humourous' songs about cricket and I'll be forced to do something mean with a cricket stump.

Cilla Black is getting on now aint she?

plus her husband dying, then recently her love interest left her for a young new blonde.... i dont know but... :blink:

Well, I thought you might be on to something so I had a quick search for info on Cilla, but at only 62 years of age and not having found any reports of serious illness I think she's safe for the time being - even if she might not be having a lorra lorra laughs at the moment.

If you're interested in speculating on the next celebrity Liverpudlian to conk out then you could do worse than back Ken Dodd - 78 in November. A potential outside bet could be Wayne Rooney - possibly on his way out if he decides to follow something akin to the George Best path of career development, or if Colleen fights back next time with a blunt instrument.

If you're interested in speculating on the next celebrity Liverpudlian to conk out then you could do worse than back Ken Dodd - 78 in November.

Well if Doddy goes, the Yeti might want to amend his signature ...

..................... might want to amend his signature ...

Cerberus, if you know something... please tell ! ;)

Click on "overall Top 10 posters", Cap'n, go to The Yeti in 8th place, and all will be revealed.

Click on "overall Top 10 posters", Cap'n, go to The Yeti in 8th place, and all will be revealed.

I geddit, Cerberus! Very clever!

Hey, I'm currently at number 31, just on top of Amanda! ;)