Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

How close is Humphrey Lyttelton to playing the last post? I haven't a clue...

Rusty Goffe (Original Oompa Loompa). Only 3 of the original Oompa Loompas from the 1971 version of Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory as still alive from a cast of 10. Rusty has also appeared in Star Wars and Harry Potter amongst others, so his fame is not in doubt. All this was taken from an interview in Metro today, but there is no mention of ill-health. Do dwarfs have generally shorter (pun intended) lifespans than regular height folk? The interview didn't mention his age but he looks over 60 in the photo. Should we take a closer interest in the vertically challenged blue boy?

DWB :(

She's only 35, but if notorious Canadian schoolgirl killer Karla Homolka survives the year, she may be a good dark horse candidate for next year. Then again, it's surprising she wasn't done in during her 12 years in jail - perhaps Canadians are all bark and no bite.

I think Homolka should be on the 2006 list. I know that she was just released and there are still a few months left in 2005 in which she can be bumped off, but I reckon that security around her'll be pretty tight for those first few months that she's out. Perhaps if nothing happens to her for those months, both she and the security around her will relax a bit, then voila! The success of the 2006 list will grow by one.

With regards to the pacifist apathy of Canadians, I think it depends what part of Canada you go to. I haven't been following Homolka's released details, but if she by chance ends up in Alberta, she may well stand less chance of survival as there is a much higher percentage of gun-toting, ultra right-wing, take-matters-into-your-own-hands, shoot-first-ask-questions-later types there.

Robert Macnamara must be a good candidate. 89, former smoker, and his recent (well maube not SO recent) efforts to improve his reputation, blow the gaffe on the military industrial complex, and make himself appear repentant indicate that he must have his eye on his posthoumous reputation. :(

Robert Macnamara must be a good candidate. 89, former smoker, and his recent (well maube not SO recent) efforts to improve his reputation, blow the gaffe on the military industrial complex, and make himself appear repentant indicate that he must have his eye on his posthoumous reputation. :(

Thought R.M. might deserve a thread to himself but there you go.

Anyway he must be a serious 2006 contender no?

ok here we go, i no the chances of it happening soon are remote but we can hope that keith chegwin finally shuffles his mortal coil soon, he was an alcholic for a couple of years he could always fall off the wagon again.

would noel edmunds attend his funeral ?

is he still married to maggie philbin ?

on his death would they re-release that hit they had back in the 80,s ?

he was in a group called "brown sauce" with noel edmunds, maggie philbin and i think john craven.

cheggers plays pop

saw him opn telly this morning and there is a serious risk of his being killed by someone on a suburban street first thing in the morning trying to get some sleep

Dick Van Dyke is NOT dead. He did a special show "The Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited" only a few months earlier this year...

Following this thread from last year, I'm all for adding Dick to next year's list. He's now in his 80s, which isn't necesssarily a good enough reason, except that he did go through a phase where he was lovin' the bottle. Who knows what state his liver might be in.

Hymphrey Lyttleton seems set for at least another series of "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" - I hope he'll be around for a long while yet, and as for Elliott Carter, he was fit enough earlier this year to fly to London to be present for the world premiere of his new harp concerto, Mosaic.

Has anyone any news on Joe Longthorne? I understood he has been seriously ill for some time - apologies if I've missed a thread on him!

I think I am right in saying that Joe Longthorne recovered from throat cancer in the late 80's/early 90's.

I know he's only 43, but has Andy "The Viking" Fordham worth considering? If this is anything to go by, he's practically begging to be included next year.

I know he's only 43, but has Andy "The Viking" Fordham worth considering? If this is anything to go by, he's practically begging to be included next year.

Fordham has his own thread including a poll here.

Whether or not he merits it is another question.

Fine astute remark from Fordham in that interview which deathlisters would do well to remember:

It'd be helpful to lose a bit of weight, not from a darts point of view, but because you see a lot of graves where people are wearing tracksuits, if you like.

Robert Hardy (b.1925)???

Although I beleive he is a healthy clean living type.

Sun headline "Old Actor Great and Dead" ???

Or since he's been involved in Harry Potter "Professor Dumble-Dead"??

Fordham has his own thread including a poll here.

Whether or not he merits it is another question.

Fine astute remark from Fordham in that interview which deathlisters would do well to remember:

It'd be helpful to lose a bit of weight, not from a darts point of view, but because you see a lot of graves where people are wearing tracksuits, if you like.

Ah yes, missed that thread.

Howeever, can I add that Fordham owns a pub, so even if he himself doesn't smoke (not sure if he does or not), the amount of second-hard smoke he must inhale is probably very high, and of course second-hand smoke is worse for you than first-hand smoke.

PLUS - don't know how he did on Celebrity Fit Club, but if he lost weight, chances are he'll just put it back on again. Fluxuations in weight can put a lot of strain on a person's body. Promising?

I think the Viking is fabulous, and brings to the darts stage qualities that not many other players do. Being a successful DL candidate would only raise him further in my estimation.

More posibilities for 2006 from the world of darts?

Cliff Lazerenko?

Bob "The Cowboy" Anderson?

Jocky "The Overweight Diabetes Sufferer" Wilson?

I can give you one for each side of the Atlantic: John Forsythe (Blake Carrington, Dynasty) and Anna Wing (Lou Beale, Eastenders). Both well over 80.

Plus Gretchen Franklin who I think was on last year's list.

Saw Lou Beale sitting outside a restaurant in Marylebone a few weeks ago. She looked, at a maximum, about 70 and was in very good form - chatting to a group of young drama students about "the proffession". Wouldn't put her on the list for a good while yet.

More posibilities for 2006 from the world of darts?

Cliff Lazerenko?

Bob "The Cowboy" Anderson?

Jocky "The Overweight Diabetes Sufferer" Wilson?

Wasn't Jocky Wilson banned from darts for trying to clean up the image of the game?

There isn't much about him on the web, apart from his computer games and his own brand of darts.

There was one forum I saw where somebody claimed he was already dead, but I'm not sure I believe that.

Does anyone know if he is still as overweight?

I presume his teeth haven't grown back, but that is seldom fatal in my experience.

I presume [Wilson's] teeth haven't grown back, but that is seldom fatal in my experience.

Missing a few? ;)

regards,

Hein

Remember him being on television a few years ago demonstrating what he looked like without his dentures in. I do know that he is suffering from depression, breathing problems, diabetes, alcoholism. obesity, and only having access to Scotish food.

I think a good contender for 2006.

Guest IYG

French born actor Louis Jourdan is 86 years old. With a golden globe nomination and appearances in a Hitchcock movie, a Billy Wilder movie an Oscar winning movie, an Oscar nominated movie and appearing in a Bond movie, I think he qualifies as famous enough.

Do dwarfs have generally shorter (pun intended) lifespans than regular height folk?

The medical answer to that question is that people with achondroplasia, the most common form of "dwarfism" have normal lifespans.

But all that talk of vertically challenged actors has put me in mind of the Film "Time Bandits" (Terry Gilliam 1981) which we watched a few weeks ago.

Dead:

David Rappaport (Randall) Of "Secret Policeman's Ball" Fame. Died by his own hand in 1990.

Jack Purvis (Wally) Played different roles in all 3 original star wars films not to mention a Womble in "Wombling Free", and died in a freak accident.

Not Dead:

Kenny Baker (Fidgit) Born in 1934. Played R2D2 in all 6 Star Wars films and was also a Womble in "Wombling Free"

Malcolm Dixon (Strutter) was also an Oompa Loompa in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and an Ewok in some Star Wars films.

Tiny Ross (Vermin)

Mike Edmonds (Og)

So 4 out of 6 dwarves are still alive which could be considered below average even if one of them died in an accident which could have happened to anyone.

Time Bandits also sported child actor Craig Warnock, always a dangerous profession, and as Napoleon, Ian Holm of Bilbo Baggins fame who is also getting on a bit.

Doe anyone really believe there was somebody inside R2D2?

French actor... I think he qualifies as famous enough.

Really?

French actor = Gerard Depardieu or maybe Jean Reno.

Except Jean Reno isn't really French.

Has anyone any news on Joe Longthorne? I understood he has been seriously ill for some time - apologies if I've missed a thread on him!

It seems Longthorne has suffered a setback.

If the pneumonia does him in, it is likely to do so before the new year.

Guest Guest

Gene Wilder: Have you seen him lately? I bet you, sooner or later he'll be shouting "I'm coming Gilda, I'm coming back to you." :lol: