Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

Jackie Cooper is one of the last major actors living

from "The Little Rascals"

Could he be a possible 2006 canidate?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178114/

Edit: Moved this here as, while it's a good suggestion, this is where suggestions for 2006 belong. -TH

Edited by Typhoid Harry

Gene Wilder: Have you seen him lately? I bet you, sooner or later he'll be shouting "I'm coming Gilda, I'm coming back to you." :lol:

Uh..., this was me, I just forgot to log in. :dead:

Edit: Moved this here as, while it's a good suggestion, this is where suggestions for 2006 belong. -TH

True Harry..

Must have slipped my mind.

David Jason is gettin on a bit.... I dont know if everbody has already said him, this is only my second post! :lol:

Tut tut - Sir David Jason - they give them out to anyone these days.

Rusty Goffe (Original Oompa Loompa). Only 3 of the original Oompa Loompas from the 1971 version of Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory as still alive from a cast of 10. Rusty has also appeared in Star Wars and Harry Potter amongst others, so his fame is not in doubt. All this was taken from an interview in Metro today, but there is no mention of ill-health. Do dwarfs have generally shorter (pun intended) lifespans than regular height folk? The interview didn't mention his age but he looks over 60 in the photo. Should we take a closer interest in the vertically challenged blue boy?

DWB :lol:

Any idea who the others are? Malcolm Dixon is one but who is the third? I've been trying to find out for ages.

I'm guessing that members of this forum are getting fairly cheesed off with me always brining up Royal topics but any way.

I put the former King of Afghanistan in the ideas for 2006 thread but feel that I should raise his profile in deathlist further.

The former king is 91 years old this year (b.1914) and has suffered many complaints in recent years. The average life expectancy for a male in Afghanistan today is only 46.97 years.

There is also the risk that he may fall victim to political assassination because the Taliban certainly didn't want him alive.

Finally if Karzi is to be considered for relisting in 2006, would it not be a better idea to list a frailer man who is considered just as important as Karzi inside Afghanistan?

Any idea who the others are? Malcolm Dixon is one but who is the third? I've been trying to find out for ages.

The living Oompa Loompas are:

Rusty Goffe

Malcolm Dixon

and either

Pepe Poupee or Rudy Bogstaller

I dont know which.

David Jason is gettin on a bit.... I dont know if everbody has already said him, this is only my second post!

Getting on? What art thou? Ist thee daft young one that thoust art or might well be? David was only born in 1940. He has barely attained the ripe young age of 65 and shows nary a sign of slowing down, in fact, in clear alignment with the stars he only recently became a Daddy for the very first time.

Now when you had these little factuals already mentioned prior to this very split second of a moment you will notice that he must live two lives not one. Yes. Sad it is but it is true. You see his brother, his twin, died at birth leaving poor Sir David to live until at least 170 years of age, which is what all twins do when they are the survivor.

Pops

By the way does anyone know what the tattoo is that David Jason has on his left thigh?

Thanks about the Oompah Loompahs. I think all the surviving ones are male so it must be Rudy . Thanks again

OK then, you don't like Zahir Shah (1 memtion only in DDP).

How about the former King of Cambodia King Sihanouk.

He is a very ill man having abdicated recently. He has cancer which is said to have worsened in recent months. Sihanouk was ruler of Cambodia on and off for over 60 years. He has not even been mentioned in DDP.

(Where is Earl Gloomy when you need him)

Guest IYG

How about using the already existing possibilities for 2006 thread?

Agreed.

Guest Compo

Anyone from the cast of the hilarious BBC1 comedy 'Last of The Summer Wine.'

catherine-zita jones (not sure on spelling) shouldn't be on deathlist.

michael brecker saxophonist.

Michael Brecker, has been diagnosed with MDS

(myelodysplastic syndrome), and its critical that he undergoes a stem

cell transplant. The initial search for a donor (including Michael's siblings and children) has not yet resulted in a suitable match

michael brecker saxophonist.

Michael Brecker, has been diagnosed with MDS (myelodysplastic syndrome), and its critical that he undergoes a stem cell transplant. The initial search for a donor (including Michael's siblings and children) has not yet resulted in a suitable match

Bad news: he's a fine musician. I have several of his records.

Good news: definitely one to keep an eye on.

regards,

Hein

By the way does anyone know what the tattoo is that David Jason has on his left thigh?

Danishlogo.jpg

I noticed that both Prince Rainier and King Fahd were not listed.

How careless.

You really must put on either King-Father Sihanouk or Zahir Shah next year (I'd go with Sihanouk).

Abbracadabra.

Damn! - You've destroyed my thread. Oh well - it wasn't very successful anyway.

Damn! - You've destroyed my thread. Oh well - it wasn't very successful anyway.

Didn't destroy it, just put it where it belonged; by your own admission. BTW, kudos for graduating from sometimes "pain in the arse" to "worth reading". Keep it up.

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia (b.1924). :)

Heinrich Harrer, Nazi, mountaineer (first to climb the Eiger north face) and author of Seven years in Tibet. 93 years old and apparently still alive.

regards,

Hein

Okay, the recent Ernest Borgnine thread got me to thinking about whatever happened to Julie, er, I mean the rest of the crew from McHale's Navy and in particular Bob Hastings. Well a little research and a few glugs of Ballantine Beer put together an amazing fact list.

It turns out Bob Hastings is alive still and since he was born in 1925 I figure he makes a good possible for 2006 although I am aware he has less world renown than many but still this is just one of my choices since I have noticed that there is a strange situation where people seem to die at 80. Don't scoff it happened to my grandfather.

Speaking of Ballantine Beer, I will not be starting a post on Carl Ballantine who also appeared in McHale's Navby and was born in n1922 and is tttttttstilll alive and maybe older than Bob Hastings but younger than Ernest Borgnine however and this is important he has less fame than Bob Hastings who incidentally also appeared as a police chief or the like for a long time on the daytime serial General Hospital and was even the love interest of Leslie Weber before she lost her mind.

So, Bob Hastings in 2006 B)