Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

A V A T A R

Not avator, aviator, aveater. If you can't spell copy and paste.

Here endeth the lesson. :huh:

A V A T A R

Here endeth the lesson. :huh:

See Tempus there's an example of my occational spelling error. ;)

I also didn't exspect the walrus to coo coo ca choo at me..

But sure Gunjaman5000 i'll spell avator correctly from

now on. :D

A V A T A R

Here endeth the lesson.  ;)

See Tempus there's an example of my occational spelling error. :D

I also didn't exspect the walrus to coo coo ca choo at me..

But sure Gunjaman5000 i'll spell avator correctly from

now on. :P

Thank you Banshees. I blame spell check, the device from Hades :huh: , there's just no incentive for the youth to even try these days.

How about Caspar Weinberger, Reagan's Secretary of Defense? Born 1917, getting on a bit.

Ron Moody (b. January 1924) a reasonable candidate for DL 2006?

Ron Moody (b. January 1924) a reasonable candidate for DL 2006?

You've got to pick a popular jew...

Ron Moody might be a good bet. I heard him on a radio show recently and he sounded rather shaky. Bill Pertwee was on it too and he didn't sound too good either.

Next week Barney goes on a killing spree, and The Teletubbies have fun with firearms.

Ron Moody might be a good bet. I heard him on a radio show recently and he sounded rather shaky. Bill Pertwee was on it too and he didn't sound too good either.

I heard an interview with him on Radio London and thought he sounded perfectly cogent. Was thinking more in terms of his age and still acting making him a potential DL.

Oh he's still coherent and articulate, his voice just sounded a bit "thin" for want of a better word. It reminded me of how my step-dad sounded not long before he died.

Oh he's still coherent and articulate, his voice just sounded a bit "thin" for want of a better word. It reminded me of how my step-dad sounded not long before he died.

So a good bet for DL 2006 then.

Mugabe is probably a good candidate for next year not only given his age but with the latest tax hikes, Africa may again see a coup......

:lol:

As you are talking about radio interviews, I recall one last week on radio 5 live with ex boss of ICI Sir John Harvey-Jones.

First off, you get the hellos & pleasantries from the show's host welcoming them to air - but this time there was no reply from the guest. She took it upon herself to press on and ask the question. Blar-de-blar about British Airways. "What are they going to do to rebuild their business trust?" etc., etc.

Nothing - blank air time again.

"Well, we don't seem to have Sir John there! We'll try and get him back!"

So I'm guessing someone in the remote radio car must have given the old boy a shake and they all try again a few minutes later.

As I recall Sir John was as keen as mustard and such like but this time he sounded a bit confused and I'm sure I noted a tremble in his voice. I'm thinking this because I'm sure the host noted these things too, and did not ask a follow up question, preferring to move the show on.

Now, I think it difficult to really put a handle on a life span by just tenor, inflections, speed and content - but don't we all do that all the time talking to each other over the 'phone?

I normally try to make any predictions on DL 2006 relevant, i.e. only related to people with an actual chance of dying next calendar year. But I just heard Eric Clapton on the radio whittering on in incredible detail about the tinniest details of his neuroses, complaining about his paranoia, and how difficult it is ,"asking for help" (from who exactly? ) and involuntarily shouted at the radio- "SHUT UP YOU TALENTLESS, CHINLESS, OVER PAMPERED, TALENTLESS, C##T AND PLAY SOME GUITAR". Until I realised that the sound of his laid back strumming would be even worse.

Can we not make him an outside bet for 2006. Does he maybe have any serious health problems or a penchant for driving fast cars round tight-bending mountian roads?

I normally try to make any predictions on DL 2006 relevant, i.e. only related to people with an actual chance of dying next calendar year. But I just heard Eric Clapton on the radio whittering on in incredible detail about the tinniest details of his neuroses, complaining about his paranoia, and how difficult it is ,"asking for help" (from who exactly? )  and involuntarily shouted at the radio- "SHUT UP YOU TALENTLESS, CHINLESS, OVER PAMPERED, TALENTLESS, C##T AND PLAY SOME GUITAR". Until I realised that the sound of his laid back strumming would be even worse.

Can we not make him an outside bet for 2006. Does he maybe have any serious health problems or a penchant for driving fast cars round tight-bending  mountian roads?

Millwall why not write to Eric and say what you really feel.

Eric Clapton

46 Kensington, CT.

London W8 5DP

I'm sure he'd really appreciate that.

:rolleyes:

I normally try to make any predictions on DL 2006 relevant, i.e. only related to people with an actual chance of dying next calendar year. But I just heard Eric Clapton on the radio whittering on in incredible detail about the tinniest details of his neuroses, complaining about his paranoia, and how difficult it is ,"asking for help" (from who exactly? )  and involuntarily shouted at the radio- "SHUT UP YOU TALENTLESS, CHINLESS, OVER PAMPERED, TALENTLESS, C##T AND PLAY SOME GUITAR". Until I realised that the sound of his laid back strumming would be even worse.

Can we not make him an outside bet for 2006. Does he maybe have any serious health problems or a penchant for driving fast cars round tight-bending  mountian roads?

Eric Clapton

46 Kensington, CT.

London W8 5DP

what does the CT stand for? Court?

Eric Clapton

46 Kensington, CT.

London W8 5DP

'Count' is probably nearer the truth :(

Maybe Eminem as an outside bet. I'd be very happy for him to take a permanent  :rolleyes:  break from his ' music '.

I don't think that drug addiction per se is enough to put someone on DL. See the waste of a good DL 2005 spot that is Diego Maradona for example.

Besides in Eminem's case it would be a shame to see him die ; the man is quite a good lyricist.

Eric Clapton

46 Kensington, CT.

London W8 5DP

c**t

Damn that swear filter!

Edited by honez

Eric Clapton

46 Kensington, CT.

London W8 5DP

c**t

Damn that swear filter!

There I go, trying to be subtle...

'Count' is probably nearer the truth 

Any mentioned Bob Moog, the inventor of the synthesizer?

I've read his biography in Wikipedia and it says that he has a tumor and is undergoing intensive radio/chemotherapy.....

Bob Moog is on the way out

This is a very sad entry. We called in Hospice yesterday, when I still felt that the main help they could give us was to manage his agitation, but there has been a real change today, and it is clear that he will not be with us for much longer.

Duke reviewed the MRIs and everyone was very nice, but surgery is no more an option than earlier, and chemo is not appropriate for the late stage he is at now. We tried an anti-cancer tea that a loving customer/friend brought from Europe last week, and got what seemed to be a real response for three and a half days. But you have to be able to eat a full meal and then drink the tea, and on Sunday, after talking to me(!) and eating a good breakfast, he stopped being able to eat or drink much at all. On Monday, our nutritional consultant had several suggestions even for this late date, but you have to be able to swallow, and now that's becoming really difficult. I feel that the tumor is outwitting us.

The next few days will be hard. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

Maybe Eminem as an outside bet. I'd be very happy for him to take a permanent  :referee:  break from his ' music '.

I don't think that drug addiction per se is enough to put someone on DL. See the waste of a good DL 2005 spot that is Diego Maradona for example.

Besides in Eminem's case it would be a shame to see him die ; the man is quite a good lyricist.

He'd make a MUCH better corpse.

:pop:

We tried an anti-cancer tea that a loving customer/friend brought from Europe last week...

Is this some granny like alternative to chemotherapy??

'Oh, you have cancer? That's so sad. Have this nice cup of tea and everything will be okay...'