Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

Saw the 1948 version of Little Women the other day (my grandma made me watch it ahem) an thought the women playing three of the main four protaginists are all good bets for 2006.

Jo- June Allyson. Many sources give her date of birth as 1917 which would make her 88.However seems to be some confusion over this date and actually she is a few years older (back then studio bosses often took years off a stars age to prolong their carears). However in good health still.

Meg-Elizabeth Taylor. Seventy three an a candidate on this years death list.

Beth. Margaret O Brien- Again early seventies no health problems as far as I know.

Janet Leigh played other main character (minds gone blank cant remember last March girl name). An she died suddenly last year surely not long before the other three shuffle off behind her

Guest Guest
Janet Leigh played other main character (minds gone blank cant remember last March girl name

Amy is the name you were looking for

Guest Guest

Actually, Janet Leigh played Meg and Liz Taylor played Amy !

I think that J.D. Salinger, author of "Catcher in the Rye", should be considerd for inclusion in next year's list. After all, he will be 87 next year.

There is a slight possibility in my mind that he is already dead, in fact, given that he lives a very reclusive lifestyle and hardly anyone sees him. Therefore his death could well go unreported for weeks or even months.

Well, maybe I'm going a bit over the top there, but you get my point.

Guest IYG
I think that J.D. Salinger, author of "Catcher in the Rye", should be considerd for inclusion in next year's list. After all, he will be 87 next year.

I have already mentioned him before and I agree.

In an earlier post I said that it was very likely for the Earl of Harewood to be the next British Royal to die. Then I find this.

What are the chances of a full recovery of an 82 year old with a newly fitted pacemaker?

Bill Clinton and his dodgy ticker

George Best and what's left of his liver

Jacques Chirac and the runny nose that kept him in a secure military hospital for 7 days.

I have already mentioned him before and I agree.

I'm for it..

I've put forward this name before; Major Bruce Shand (b.1917(Camilla's dad)).

He isn't really famous in his own right but will make the papers when he dies (like Sophie's mum).

I'm putting him forward again because his grandson got married at the weekend and, it would seem, he wasn't there. So perhaps he is very ill or very frail.

How about 71 year old smoking, sun-worshipper Brigitte Bardot as an outsider for next year's list?

I noticed an advert for a magazine as I was driving past today which said that she is having health problems. It said something about 'a last chance operation'. I didn't catch which magazine unfortunately, but will check the local tabac when I get the chance.

Further research reveals only that she has recently missed a number of 'events' for her charity the 'Brigitte Bardot Foundation' due to ill health. I couldn't find any details about exactly what the problem is.

It is also worth mentioning that in 2004, she was fined €5,000 for inciting racial hatred by saying nasty things about the French Halibut population (the largest in Europe) in her book. Possible target?

Ricardo Montalban, Mr Roarke from the great 'Fantasy Island' was in the local rag today. Eighty Five years old and looking like death.

fantasy_island.jpg

He's the tall one.

Yes I think I mentioned him earlier. He's got some sort of spinal condition and is in a wheelchair isn't he?

Guest IYG
Yes I think I mentioned him earlier. He's got some sort of spinal condition and is in a wheelchair isn't he?

I'm not too sure. He seemed ok in Spy Kids 3-D which came out in 2003.

Not seen Spy Kids so perhaps my source is wrong but it is possible for someone to deteriorate rapidly in a couple of years. Especially someone of advaced years.

Given the company he appears to be keeping these days, perhaps Mr Huntley is worth a look as an outside bet.....

Of course the fear of what more may be coming might also (hopefully) provide imputus to this creature......

:lol:

Chris Rea

Write your headline here.......................

He's been in and out of bad health for years, every time he has a new album to promote in fact. He will live long enough to see the great "Blues Based 80's Rock Revival" no question about it.

Chris Rea

He's been in and out of bad health for years, every time he has a new album to promote in fact. He will live long enough to see the great "Blues Based 80's Rock Revival" no question about it.

So his illness will be REAcurring then.

Chris Rea

Yes, most unlikely to REAch a ripe old age. :lol:

Chris Rea

Yes, most unlikely to REAch a ripe old age. :rolleyes:

A bad REAction to treatment'll do him in?