Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

I don't think Denis Norden has been mentioned recently - 84 in February. Others from the "world of entertainment": Bill Pertwee, Warren Mitchell, Leslie Phillips, Jack Douglas ("Carry On" regular), Raymond (or Stanley) Baxter ... can't think of any ladies for some reason, except Dame Vera Lynn, who's been discussed at length, and June Whitfield, who I reckon is good for a few more years.

I definitely hope June Whitfield stays around for a few years. She's brilliant - and great for her age (80).

Does this work like the Fantasy Football League? if so i want to sub the following.

Princess Anne for Mollie Sugden

Surely Mollie is going to succumb first. All that horse-riding and dog-walking suggests that Anne has many more years left in her - she's only 55 after all. That husband of hers might top himself, though - well, you wouldn't blame him. Lord Snowdon is a better bet if you're looking for someone with royal connections.

Not heard much of Bernard Manning recently any info on his state of health?

Is it too early to be considering contenders for 2007?

It's just that I thought Bob Barker might be worth considering. He'll be 85 in December, and he's had some health problems in the past: heart surgery in '99, and a stroke and prostate surgery in 2002.

It does appear that he isn't on death's door quite yet. But he's one of those old people who (as far as I can tell from the bio) is super-active. Could just be a heart attack waiting to happen. 2007?

Surely the Titanic survivor would be worthy of note. Even if she isn't WELL known there's bound to be a bit of coverage if when she kicks off.

My choices for 2006 - well half of them anyway:

1) George Best

2) Fernanc Puskas

3) Prince Philip

4) George W Bush

5) Liz Taylor

6) Mohammed Zahir Shah - former king of Afghanistan

7) Dennis Norden

8) Boris Yeltsin

9) Saddam Hussain

10) Nick du Toit

11) King: Taufa'ahau Tupou IV

12) Whitney Houston

13) Zsa Zsa Gabor

14) Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

15) James Molyneaux

16) Jeremy Thorpe

17) Ronnie Biggs

18) Jerry Lee Lewis - the singer, not Jerry Lewis the comedian

19) Tom Finney

20) Albert Hoffman

21) Alan Whicker

22) Stephen Hawking

23) Piara Khabra, MP

24) King Fahd of Saudi Arabia

25)"Mad" Frankie Fraser

King Fahds already dead and Prince Philip is in very good health.

I'm guessing Mr Death Trip means this guy (on the left)

joe-bush-prince4.jpg

Who since his half brother's death is the King of Saudi Arabia, according to Wikipedia.

They make a lovely couple,

Holding hands and whispering sweet nothings to each other. :wheelchair:

Guest PorgyTirebyter

A great pick for 2006-->Phil Rizzuto 88 years old oldest member of the Baseball HOF.

Er, King Fahd's passing must have escaped my attention. As for Prince Philip, he might be in very good health but he is in his 80s and still goes carriage racing, a lethal combination in my opinion.

Er, King Fahd's passing must have escaped my attention. As for Prince Philip, he might be in very good health but he is in his 80s and still goes carriage racing, a lethal combination in my opinion.

Especially as he is pretty nearly blind.

Guest Alesa "Blimp" Baker

Another possibility would be Eunice Kennedy Shriver, the founder of the Special Olympics. Mrs. Shriver is 84 and is in an LA hospital with a broken hip and has had a stroke. Her 90 year old husband has Alzheimers Disease.

Another possibility would be Eunice Kennedy Shriver, the founder of the Special Olympics. Mrs. Shriver is 84 and is in an LA hospital with a broken hip and has had a stroke. Her 90 year old husband has Alzheimers Disease.

Shame he won't remember it. Probably the only action he's seen in a while.

Is this the point at which I mention my coat?

Burt Bacharach is always making comeback records, but you never hear much about his old writing partner. Hal David was 84 in May. Famous enough, no?

Did anyone see the photo of Jane Fonda in the Mail on Sunday (obviously I didn't buy it, I just happened to glance at it when I visited the parents)?

In a wheelchair and not looking at all chipper. Certainly not the picture I see when I think of her!

DWB :rip:

Ah ... fond memories of the Jane Fonda Work-out Video. Started quite a trend, as I recall. And had an unexpected following among teenage boys. :rip:

Ah ... fond memories of the Jane Fonda Work-out Video. Started quite a trend, as I recall. And had an unexpected following among teenage boys.

She's had her hip replaced, so I think she rather overdid the workouts. Remember Jim Fixx?

Ah ... fond memories of the Jane Fonda Work-out Video. Started quite a trend, as I recall. And had an unexpected following among teenage boys.

She's had her hip replaced, so I think she rather overdid the workouts...

Reminds me of a quote by the late comedian, Redd Foxx:

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing..."

Guest J-Rod

Dick Van Dyke, he's been around too long. Isn't he like 80 now or something?

Guest Guest

Nancy Reagan will be 85 in 2006. She is looking more and more frail. I know all those years of caring for Ronnie took their toll.

Drudge/Evening Standard reporting that Muhammad Ali has months to live.

:angel3: Float like a butterfly, rot like a corpse?