Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Romeo Romeo

Romeo Beckham taken to hospital suffering from convulsions.

Why exactly should that concern us?

regards,

Hein

It's not the first time it's happened ... so maybe he'll die if it happens again.

It's not the first time it's happened ... so maybe he'll die if it happens again.

Yes, I understand that, although I've been told kids fall ill regularly. My point is: he isn't a celebrity, is he?

Are you hoping the distress about their sprog's illness will affect his parents in a life-threatening way?

regards,

Hein

Yes, I understand that, although I've been told kids fall ill regularly. My point is: he isn't a celebrity, is he?

Are you hoping the distress about their sprog's illness will affect his parents in a life-threatening way?

regards,

Hein

I would say he is a celebrity, as are all well known children of celebrities. :)

He's as much a celebrity as is Paris Hilton, the late John Kennedy (jr.), Chelsea Clinton or Whatshername Osbourne (the ugly chick, can't be bothered to google her name). I suppose that all of them would qualify for a DL-nomination when their time is about to come due to their being related to an even more famous celebrity, and so would the Beckham-kid.

But suffering from convulsions is not exactly an indicator that death is at hand, so we'd better rest this case for the next seventy or eighty years.

I would say he is a celebrity, as are all well known children of celebrities.  :ph34r:

erm... "well known" says it all really.

:ph34r: raider+Oct 3 2005, 01:57 PM-->

QUOTE(Tom(B) raider @ Oct 3 2005, 01:57 PM)
He's as much a celebrity as is Paris Hilton, the late John Kennedy (jr.), Chelsea Clinton or Whatshername Osbourne (the ugly chick, can't be bothered to google her name). I suppose that all them would qualify for a DL-nomination when their time is about to come due to their being related to an even more famous celebrity, and so would the Beckham-kid.

But suffering from convulsions is not exactly an indicator that death is at hand, so we'd better rest this case for the next seventy or eighty years.

It says here that "Long-lasting convulsive seizures can result in death if left untreated."

Did the mods not declare that we do not include young children on deathlist.net. It was a big thing with the K1rsty Howard thread.

Mind you, there is every possibility that she is excluded due to her illness giving her fame. However, just like Romeo, it is the Beckham's that made her famous.

It says here that "Long-lasting convulsive seizures can result in death if left untreated."

The flu can be a high-speed killer too, but would you say dead might be imminent when a celebrity has a cold?

(Of course it might when he is a thousand years old, extremely frail, has some other terminal illness and so on... Go on, Biggs, it's you I'm talking about!)

:ph34r: raider+Oct 3 2005, 02:16 PM-->

QUOTE(Tom(B) raider @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 PM)
The flu can be a high-speed killer too, but would you say dead might be imminent when a celebrity has a cold?

I'm just getting bored because no-one on the list has died for a while

:ph34r: raider+Oct 3 2005, 02:16 PM-->
QUOTE(Tom(B) raider @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 PM)

I'm just getting bored because no-one on the list has died for a while

Have patience, my dear Janeo! It has been just over two weeks that Wiesenthal popped his clogs. We will have several more successes before the year is over, I'm sure of it!

Did the mods not declare that we do not include young children on deathlist.net.

True. :ph34r:

Did the mods not declare that we do not include young children on deathlist.net.

I thought that only applied if they weren't famous.

I thought that only applied if they weren't famous.

I think having one or more celebrity parents doesn't make one a celeb. I may be wrong, though.

regards,

Hein

But technically he is not famous in his own right either. He is only famous because of his parents (no Royal Family jibes please).

I'm sure that Derby Dead Pool would accept him though.

I don't think any ruling was made (re: the Kirsty Howard thread) but I seem to recall that there was a consensus that children were unlikely to be famous in their own right (not too many child stars around nowadays) and "famous for being ill" was not good enough.

I think having one or more celebrity parents doesn't make one a celeb. I may be wrong, though.

regards,

Hein

In the modern-day use of the word "celeb" it's more than enough.

regards,

Hein

You're not a tabloid photographer are you janeo?

regards,

Hein

You're not a tabloid photographer are you janeo?

Bugger! My cover is blown.

He's had another fit

That reminds me of a joke.

Q. What's blue & doesn't fit?

A. A dead epileptic.

• Like 1