It says here that they are more likely to take their own lives because they are used to euthanasing pets.

Our vet has plenty to live for I'd say - this year we've gone a long way towards financing his Caribbean holiday! B)

Our vet has plenty to live for I'd say - this year we've gone a long way towards financing his Caribbean holiday! B)

Not any longer though - hasn't there been some change in the law where vets now act like a Doctor and give animal owners a presciption and then we choose where to get our drugs from? They've been way over-charging apparently. A vet I've spoken to about this was in a real state.

Maybe he's charging you double for having two heads.

Our vet has plenty to live for I'd say - this year we've gone a long way towards financing his Caribbean holiday!  B)

I think you mean three heads if you are talking about his former avatar. ;)

Our vet has plenty to live for I'd say - this year we've gone a long way towards financing his Caribbean holiday!  B)

I think you mean three heads if you are talking about his former avatar. ;)

I was talking about the vet actually ;)

Funnily enough I was at Uni with a veterinary student, who shot himself shortly after graduating. Which was handy for me, as I owed him £15.

B)

Funnily enough I was at Uni with a veterinary student, who shot himself shortly after graduating. Which was handy for me, as I owed him £15.

B)

He probably realised he'd never make a good living with only one head.

What a brilliant discovery - now we just need a famous vet...

Hang on - Robert Hardy must be getting on an bit (though he's just written a book about longbows). And that drip Christopher Timothy hasn't been on the telly for a while either...

Any ideas??

Actually we have a sick cat - she's 16 and has a kidney disease (if that's the right term). Seems to be doing well under medication, but she has to have a check-up every three months. And it's an extra £50 or so for a blood test. B)

What a brilliant discovery - now we just need a famous vet...

Hang on - Robert Hardy must be getting on an bit (though he's just written a book about longbows).  And that drip Christopher Timothy hasn't been on the telly for a while either...

Any ideas??

Does Simon "I'm not a vet, but I played one on TV" Ward count?

He'll turn 64 in two weeks, so maybe he's not a good choice.

regards,

Hein

There's also "zoo vet" and writer David Taylor - I can't find a DoB for him anywhere, but I reckon he's in his 60s. B)

Dr Elizabeth D Svendsen founder of the internationally renowned Sidmouth

Donkey Sanctuary, must be getting on a bit.

Actually we have a sick cat - she's 16 and has a kidney disease (if that's the right term). Seems to be doing well under medication, but she has to have a check-up every three months. And it's an extra £50 or so for a blood test. B)

nephritis?

How about Dr Harry here? He's a bit young for DeathList, but if we're talking suicide, then he's got as much chance as any other TV vet that had their show cancelled just to be squeezed into a segment in Better Homes and Gardens.

Many vet's surgeries send the carcasses of dead animals - like horses - to their local zoo as a source of animal food. Maybe the odd carcass of a vet would make a welcome change from horsemeat for the lions.

Many vet's surgeries send the carcasses of dead animals - like horses - to their local zoo as a source of animal food. Maybe the odd carcass of a vet would make a welcome change from horsemeat for the lions.

It needn't only be vets. And they needn't be dead first.

Many vet's surgeries send the carcasses of dead animals - like horses - to their local zoo as a source of animal food.

And I bet they tell the owners they "buried them in the garden." B)

Ah, a poster who has clearly visited Howlett's zoo in Kent. John Aspinall - now deceased - owner was keen on close contact between his keepers and the wild beasts. There is a touching memorial to a couple of keepers shat out by lions.

It says here that they are more likely to take their own lives because they are used to euthanasing pets.

When my vet had to put down my dog Sparky, we asked him 'how do you get used to doing this?' his reply 'you never get used to it'. I think perhaps it is their access to euthanizing drugs that increases the suicide rate, many people think about suicide but can't find a painless way to do it, so don't, vets have an ample supply of pain free killing medication. I do agree their charges are extortionate, half a dozen pills can cost upwards of £10 plus the consultation fee. I have insurance for my dog, but have to pay the first £50 for any treatment, a good idea I think for any pet but it does have to be taken out when they are young.

Perhaps it's from the shame of charging such extortionate fees? Those that claim they 'never get used to it' (in reference to euthanising animals) are in the wrong job. WTF did they expect when they trained? If they want to remove themselves from the food chain then more power to them... they have the drugs, the technical know how and the mental frame of mine to improve humanity by removing themselves from it. Result! :sicktherm:

Women who've had breast implants have a higher suicide rate then women who haven't. Perhaps Jordan et al should be considered possible candidates.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/98/104773.htm

From that I guess that (female) vets with breast implants are almost certain to top themselves.

Maybe if they had breast implants full of euthanising drugs that slowly leaked......