Guest Chewie

Jane Tomlinson Killer Ride

Today Jane Tomlinson got a CBE.

This is somewhat surprising as her husband said that all the publicity she gets is "not helpful in any way" and I thought that Jane would either refuse or return the CBE accordingly.

But such is life. She was on telly this morning, looked very well, about the same weight she has been for some years.

From The Herald newspaper:

Cancer sufferer Jane Tomlinson was among the inspirational people recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours today.

The 43-year-old mother-of-three, who already has an MBE, was awarded a CBE after raising around £1.5m for charity despite suffering from incurable metastatic breast cancer which has spread through her body.

She said of her CBE: "It's not something you anticipate getting when you begin something like this. It is a huge honour. I was very surprised."

So when she finally carks they can put

Going Going Gong

On the tombstone.

I'll get me coat!

Going Going Gong

On the tombstone.

Yes, mpfc, some body already has maked this joke in the Ideas & Possibilities thread, maybe one week ago. Do you have any new jokes?

Jane Tomlinson says in newspaper today that this may be her last summer. Maybe she is a garantuee for next year DeathList success?

TFWM

Jane Tomlinson says in newspaper today that this may be her last summer. Maybe she is a garantuee for next year DeathList success?

TFWM

Yes but she's being saying that for each of the last 7 years.

Sounds like she's even worst at predicting death than Deathlist

Get ready for forum meltdown - reports (Radio Five) coming in that she's died.

EDIT - Confirmation that she's gone.

Jane went yesterday at 9 pm

Sad really, however the drive by ranters will be passing shortly. I am preparing for a good old laugh.

I fear you are going to be disappointed SP, as guests are blocked from posting on this thread and I can't see too many Janeites being bothered to register. Sadly, like adventurous DL picks and the 2-3-5 formation, I think that drive-by ranting is becoming a thing of the past.

Jane went yesterday at 9 pm

Sad really, however the drive by ranters will be passing shortly. I am preparing for a good old laugh.

I fear you are going to be disappointed SP, as guests are blocked from posting on this thread and I can't see too many Janeites being bothered to register. Sadly, like adventurous DL picks and the 2-3-5 formation, I think that drive-by ranting is becoming a thing of the past.

That explains the "deathly" silence then :crossbone:

I reckon we'll be all right.

We're nowhere to be seen on Google.

Perhaps it would be fitting if she had the same inscription as Spike Milligan on her grave stone...

I think I'd prefer drive by ranters to utter silence. I mean, it's obvious that people hate us, but when the hate isn't articulated in written prose...you can only imagine what people might be thinking. It's all a bit of a moral conundrum for a Monday afternoon, I think I'm going for a lie down.

RIP Jane and all that.

It's all a bit of a moral conundrum for a Monday afternoon, I think I'm going for a lie down.

Indeed, that's why I'm thankful it's a Tuesday...

It's all a bit of a moral conundrum for a Monday afternoon, I think I'm going for a lie down.

Indeed, that's why I'm thankful it's a Tuesday...

My mate msn'ed me to let me of the news. I actually typed "That's a great result" :crossbone:

She played her best but the Big C got the result it was looking for. Left it very late, though.

She's stopped dying then. She might have said.

This won't be the last we hear of Jane.

I'm sure Mr. Tomlinson will have a book deal about life with Jane - probably with an inspirational and meaningful title.

As well as that, I'm quite sure that Mike and the kids will have a day out at the Palace to look forward to. Unless her CBE insignia was posted, she still has to collect it (going by usual timetables).

Good for her and all that, she raised a lot of money etc.

But a lot of other cancer sufferers must have found her activities hard to bear. My poor mother, although not diagnosed as "terminal" until her last couple of weeks, was completely debilitated by the disease and the chemo. Barely able to get out of bed herself, she would have felt terribly discouraged by someone like JT.

<_< Poor Jane Tomlinson is she going to make the year out ?

Bless

Get a grip Chewie man. I'll give her - ooh - three years and four months!

Re the ranter fire, just noticed the DDP has over 70 teams and a dozen jokers on this one, whatever you do, don't mention that to the ranters, eh?

Good old predictable Deathlist. <_<

Maybe she wasn't faking after all then... :o

I must admit, when I saw the news, when I read this thread, I'll be utterly berated by angry Tomlinson lovers. But no.. can't decide if that's good or bad. :P

From a DP point of view, bugger it. That close to going 4th as soon as Ruesch got his obit.. now.. goodness any knows. Tomlinson has her revenge on me at the end, which I suppose is only fair, though slightly annoying <_<

I think that drive-by ranting is becoming a thing of the past.

Maybe but there's a steady increase in existing members arriving as guests or in disguise. I think we're overdue a philosophical consideration of the meaning of Jane Tomlinson's later years.

I would have tied a bunch of lemon and white cellophane-wrapped garage-forecourt chrysanths to her railings if the opportunity had arisen. But it's the thought that counts. Dying so close to the 10th anniversary of Lady Di's death an' all . It was meant to be, snuffed out like a candle in the wind never knowing who to cling to when the rain set in etc. I can think of no more fitting tribute than the tributes that have been pouring in all day like the rain which must, fittingly, have set in by now. Goodbye Norma Jean Jane though I never knew you at all you will be sorely missed by all those who were inspired by the way you squeezed every last drop of pathos from every battling gesture. Yea though you walk through the valley of....etc etc. Words cannot express the depths of grief in which I find myself wallowing. <_<

I've been speaking with the lawyers Messers Stuffem, Bleedem & Screwem and think that this might be in order:

Deathlist, an apology:

Contrary to any impression of scepticism created by earlier posts that questioned Ms Tomlinson's bona fides as a cancer sufferer we should like to point out that her recent demise as a result of what appears to be incontrovertible evidence of terminal decline has established beyond doubt the authenticity of her campaign. Deathlist acknowledges unreservedly that certain comments such as "her cancer is about as terminal as a Tolstoy novel. It may be just as fictional" could have been interpreted by some as expressions of doubt. We are happy to point out that Ms Tomlinson's death is sufficient proof of her indisposition and are delighted to put the record straight.

That ought to do it.