Guest Chewie

Jane Tomlinson Killer Ride

Guest Chewie

:D Poor Jane Tomlinson is she going to make the year out ?

Bless

Well I admit I had to look her up to find out who she was

Unfortunately (for Jane and The DL crew) her only real claim to fame is her likely death - so under the trusty DL rules shes not eligible for selection

Just as well really as those kind of nominations tend to get pretty aggressive reactions from some of those passing forum ragers :ph34r:

Jane who ?

I too had to look her up ... she seems to be famous (?) for running about. And she's only running about because she is about to run out (of time).

If she weren't about to peg it, would she leg it ?

Famous only for not likely to be round for much longer, methinks.

Guest Lia

I think it is absoloutely disgusting what you have been writing about Jane Tomlinson. She is the most courageous woman I have ever met. Do you realise that her children and family may search on her name and find your website looking for stories about their mum. I am disgusted that there are people out there like you. You should be ashamed of yourselves. What goes around comes around and I hope it certainly does in your case.

Surely the fact that we are even talking about her is testament to the fact that she has raised awareness and money for cancer research and treatment, if you can remove the "angry blinkers" and perhaps look a little sideways then having a topic devoted to you on the DL is a tribute in itself. I don't want to break it too you too harshly but people die, including you and me eventually, and particularly people with terminal cancer. I have nothing but admiration and respect for Jane Tomlinson but she is obviously not going to live that much longer so therefore she is a fair topic for discussion. I hadn't noticed anyone wishing her a slow and painful demise, nor belittling what she has done merely having a unemotional discourse on her condition.

Points for discussion:

1) Would she be famous if she wasn't dying of cancer?

2) Would she be raising all the money she has if she didn't have cancer?

3) "The only thing worse than being talked about is being ignored"

4) Would you like to be famous enough to have people bother to discuss your demise, or would you be happy in rank obscurity?

In summary: courageous - certainly, inspirational - yes, immortal - no, suitable for discussion on the DL - absolutely.

Guest TonyElyod

Dont You think she should spend the rest of her time with her family, instead of running all the time ??

Guest ThisOnesAlive

The terminal cancer tag is just for fund raising, media, publicity....

Go down to the cancer ward and they'll tell you that terminal means a few weeks left to go.

Jane (fortunately for her) got the wrong diagnosis and could more correctly termed a 'cancer sufferer' or 'in remission'.

Terminal cancer sufferes do not do Ironman Triathlons, they die.

Guest Guest

you dont know jane tomlinson so you should all shut your big traps shut

she has endless chemo and i have seen her been through everything and be brave not like you weirdos

you dont know jane tomlinson so you should all shut your big traps shut

she has endless chemo and i have seen her been through everything and be brave not like you weirdos

Well no chemo is really endless is it? I mean doesn't one eventually die, thus ending the chemotherapy which means it's not endless. Hmm...

Unfortunately all this mention of Jane makes me think of David Tomlinson (George Banks in the supercalifragilistic movie classic Mary Poppins)

let's all join in singing http://music.kids.us/rhyme16.html

Sadly George has been gone, er, I mean David has been gone since around 2000. You know, this also ties into the Angela Lansbury postings since Tomlinson (David, not Jane) appeared with Lansbury in Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Guest Shuffler

I know I'm digressing almost totally from the subject of this thread, but hell, everyone else does it!

I'm sure it was David Tomlinson who told the story of being on the top deck of a bus and, as it was stopped at a junction, idly looking into a first floor window and seeing his father in a compromising position with a female who was not his mother!

Guest Julie

I am shocked and disgusted that things like this are on the net. How can anyone have anything but admiration for Jane? Jane deserves respect, not cutting remarks about how long she will live. I wonder what you would all think if things were being posted like this about your own families..? It is just lack of respect to take something as serious as cancer so lightly. And what is wrong with using this terrible disease to raise publicity and a hell of a lot of money for the cause? Yes, maybe she wouldn't be raising money for charity if she hadn't contracted cancer but the fact is, she has. We all give to charities we feel are close to our hearts. Wouldn't you give more to cancer charities if it affected a close family member? Take a little time to think about Jane and her family.. I can't imagine many people have this amount of courage after being diagnosed with cancer. How can people be so calous?

How can people be so calous?

Yes it can seem rough but we do have a record.

Still don't believe me? Then explain this: Proof of our credentials

I am shocked and disgusted that things like this are on the net. How can anyone have anything but admiration for Jane? Jane deserves respect, not cutting remarks about how long she will live. I wonder what you would all think if things were being posted like this about your own families..? It is just lack of respect to take something as serious as cancer so lightly. And what is wrong with using this terrible disease to raise publicity and a hell of a lot of money for the cause? Yes, maybe she wouldn't be raising money for charity if she hadn't contracted cancer but the fact is, she has. We all give to charities we feel are close to our hearts. Wouldn't you give more to cancer charities if it affected a close family member? Take a little time to think about Jane and her family.. I can't imagine many people have this amount of courage after being diagnosed with cancer. How can people be so calous?

Why are you reading this website if you find it all so shocking?

Guest Guest

Don't be put off by the insensitive morons on this chat. Jane's family have been through worse and can rise above the immature characters who posted those quotes.

If it helps, my daughter has beaten a very serious, debilitating illness and we ahve been inspired by Jane's courage. Every life is valuable and it is clear that Jane has touched millions. As for the those with nothing better to do than post warped comments?

Ray

As for the those with nothing better to do than post warped comments?

Erm, was this a question?

If so, can you finish it, so at least we've got some chance of replying? (Or was that the point?)

Don't be put off by the insensitive morons on this chat. Jane's family have been through worse and can rise above the immature characters who posted those quotes.

If it helps, my daughter has beaten a very serious, debilitating illness and we ahve been inspired by Jane's courage. Every life is valuable and it is clear that Jane has touched millions. As for the those with nothing better to do than post warped comments?

Ray

Ray - we don't really care.

By the way, who are you talking to?

Guest Claire

It's a shame that something as helpful and often entertaining as the internet can encourage such sad, disgraceful losers as yourselves and we can unfortunately be subjected to this rubbish. How anyone can make sarcastic, stupid comments about a Woman who is facing death in the bravest way possible just astounds me. She is not 'famous for running about' she is famous because she is raising a hell of a lot of money for a deadly disease, aswell as awareness, in the hope that other people won't have to 'run about' in future. And it doesn't surprise me that you numb skulls have failed to mention the fact that her 'running about to be famous' has infact made her body so fit it is probably a strong contributing factor in her still being alive today.

Due to the fact that this disease can strike anyone let's hope none of you 'comedians' ever experience anything like Jane or her family, and if you do I wonder how quick you will be to write such sick comments about someone you actually care about.

I only hope neither Jane nor any of her family or friends have the misfortune to look at this site by mistake.

Guest Guest

In response to the dick head who asked 'why are you all reading this site if you're so shocked?' to anyone that can't work out the blatantly obvious, it's because we were looking for the Jane Tomlinson site to check out how this Woman and her family are getting on, and couldn't quite believe our eyes when we came across this load of garbage. It's a sad day when you realise people can actually be this sick.

Why are you asking such stupid questions?

In response to the dick head who asked 'why are you all reading this site if you're so shocked?' to anyone that can't work out the blatantly obvious, it's because we were looking for the Jane Tomlinson site to check out how this Woman and her family are getting on, and couldn't quite believe our eyes when we came across this load of garbage. It's a sad day when you realise people can actually be this sick.

If you were looking for the Jane Tomlinson site, didn't you stop to think when the word 'deathlist.net' came up, it wouldnt be her website?

I only hope neither Jane nor any of her family or friends have the misfortune to look at this site by mistake.

Me too.

If they come here, I'd like it to be intentional, not by mistake.

We'd be in for a real good rant then, not the tired old :unsure: "you wouldn't do it if it was someone in your family" argument.

I'm curious to know if you go to other sites that have content you object to and rant about them too?

we can unfortunately be subjected to this rubbish

I didn't realise that this forum hijack's browsers against their will and subjects them to the torture of having to read up on people they may like.

There is a simple answer to this of course: if you don't like it, don't come back.

Hmm, strange how someone using the very same IP address as you has been on this site before, posting here

They obviously didn't share the same view as you about the site. Maybe you should talk to Finn and the Fianna about it.

Hmm, strange how someone using the very same IP address as you has been on this site before, posting here

They obviously didn't share the same view as you about the site. Maybe you should talk to Finn and the Fianna about it.

Touche

She is not 'famous for running about' she is famous because she is raising a hell of a lot of money for a deadly disease,...

Now, I am sure we would all have a lot more respect if she was raising money for a cure :unsure: