Guest Chewie

Jane Tomlinson Killer Ride

It's a shame that something as helpful and often entertaining as the internet can encourage such sad, disgraceful losers as yourselves and we can unfortunately be subjected to this rubbish. How anyone can make sarcastic, stupid comments about a Woman who is facing death in the bravest way possible just astounds me. She is not 'famous for running about' she is famous because she is raising a hell of a lot of money for a deadly disease, aswell as awareness, in the hope that other people won't have to 'run about' in future. And it doesn't surprise me that you numb skulls have failed to mention the fact that her 'running about to be famous' has infact made her body so fit it is probably a strong contributing factor in her still being alive today.

Due to the fact that this disease can strike anyone let's hope none of you 'comedians' ever experience anything like Jane or her family, and if you do I wonder how quick you will be to write such sick comments about someone you actually care about.

I only hope neither Jane nor any of her family or friends have the misfortune to look at this site by mistake.

Claire you self righteous cow. You are obviously just defending Jane because you think it makes you a better person. Well in short it does not. Instead it makes me want to hunt you down because I really hate people like you.

And who the hell are you to label myself and fellow members as "sad, disgraceful losers" you stuck up bitch. Take your morals somewhere else because we are not listening.

Its obvious that the woman is only after a bit of attention with the whole running (or whatever it is she does) thing. Trying to make her mark in history. Well this grief comes with celebrity darling.

I've got a good mind to push for Jane's inclusion on the 2006 list just to spite you and I'm now going to shut up because I doubt that you will be back to read this post.

Thank you Claire, you've ruined my evening :unsure: .

(Should this have been posted in the ranting thread)

What a thoroughly enjoyable thread!

Windsor - although your evening was ruined by it, mine was definitely improved! The whole debate is absolutely fabulous - bring on the random ranters!! Haven't giggled this much all day!

Of course, I think that if the random ranters really meant what they said, and were as passionate about helping to fight cancer as their morally superior arguments would lead us to believe, they wouldn't be wasting their time posting bollocks, and would be out fundraising for Cancer Research UK or some such.

Unfotunately, I must admit that I have no idea who Jane Tomlinson is, but if I were her I'd probably be a bit pissed off that all of my running about was resulting in loads of people saying how great I am but not in people actually getting off their butts, turning off the computer, and doing something about the cause themselves.

Of course, I think that if the random ranters really meant what they said, and were as passionate about helping to fight cancer as their morally superior arguments would lead us to believe, they wouldn't be wasting their time posting bollocks, and would be out fundraising for Cancer Research UK or some such.

And what's worse, by getting all irate and worked up into a rant, their stress levels are presumably going through the roof. And we all know that increased stress leads to elevated blood pressure and puts a strain on the heart. And if I was to stretch the point further and post a load of bollocks like ranters usually do, then obviously, this all leads to cancer.

Guest grim peeper, ooops reaper.

Just a question about Jane. I was going to pick her for a small, private cash

pool a friend runs and I need to know if she was famous at all before Cancer.

Our rules are that you must be a famous person, not a sick person who becomes famous due to their illness,

so no terry schivo, no cojoined twins going under the knife etc.

What if any pre cancer status did Jane have?

Thanks.

Jane has no real fame and she was not famous before her illness.

She is only famous for being a brave cancer sufferer/attention seeker.

Ah yes - and fundraiser.

Guest Guest

well you guys , and i am addressing all of you, sickoes and ranters what do you do in your spare time ??? oh and by the way you are all so brave how you speak of death, are you all experts ??

Why don't you all get a life , and leave Jane to get on with hers .......

well you guys , and i am addressing all of you, sickoes and ranters what do you do in your spare time ???

This

oh and by the way you are all so brave how you speak of death, are you all experts ??

I think some of us are now, thanks.

You likewise, ta-ra.

well you guys , and i am addressing all of you, sickoes and ranters what do you do in your spare time ??? oh and by the way you are all so brave how you speak of death, are you all experts ??

Why do ranters always seem to tell us to 'get a life', what the hell does this stupid expression mean anyway. Can you purchase a 'life' at the shops, whereabouts exactly can I acquire one of these coveted 'lives'.

If someone tells you to "Get a life" i suppose that would

mean that you don't have one of your own. Though the expression

is said in a ultimately sarcastic way.

Just a question about Jane.  I was going to pick her for a small, private cash

pool a friend runs and I need to know if she was famous at all before Cancer.

Our rules are that you must be a famous person, not a sick person who becomes famous due to their illness, 

so no terry schivo, no cojoined twins going under the knife etc.

What if any pre cancer status did Jane have?

Thanks.

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with people being famous for being ill - after all loads of people get terminally ill and don't make enough of a song and dance about it to become famous. My great-uncle died of lung cancer and the tight old scrote wouldn't have run across the road to help a charity. And surprisingly enough, no-one gave a toss about him dying, so I wouldn't think he would qualify.

As for Schiavo - she's got to count if you were smart enough to pick her, given all the hoo-ha around her death

I suppose you've got a point about siamese twins tho since they tend to get coverage out of sheer ghoulishness rather than because they do anything to seek the publicity. It's a bit like picking random murder victims before they switch the machine off.

I think picking the (imminently) terminally ill is probabaly a bit of a cheat however and takes a lot of the skill out of it

well you guys , and i am addressing all of you, sickoes and ranters what do you do in your spare time ???

Well, let's see. I draw, garden, ride horses, go to the gym, scuba dive, travel, read history books, do a bit of needlepoint, cook a lot, play with my kids, talk to (and occasionally jump on) my wife and watch the odd bit of TV. I write to this website during my employer's time which a much better use of it than my silly, albeit pretty well-paid, job.

It's none of my business, O anonymous Guest, but what do you do with your spare time?

It's none of my business, O anonymous Guest, but what do you do with your spare time?

My guess: trawl the Web for people who need a life.

regards,

Hein

This is what I'll be doing with my spare time. Don't know if that makes me an 'expert' or not. Any other DL sickos going to be there?

Guest Guest

well mr vile body it seems you are a busy one ! me i do pretty much the same as you do with your time !! how spooky , it seems also i am begiining to get hooked on this.........will have to think of a suitable name hey !!!

This is what I'll be doing with my spare time. Don't know if that makes me an 'expert' or not. Any other DL sickos going to be there?

You'll be gutted to have missed this

From the first picture on that page one would expect that it's about burial at sea. :lol:

regards,

Hein

From the first picture on that page one would expect that it's about burial at sea. :lol:

Handy if you live in New Orleans.

Rather!

Wow, there were some serious big names there!! Absolutely gutted I missed it. Sigh... Though it's great to see that Death Studies is alive and kicking in the Uk.

Is fame before illness really a rule?

:o

Further to this, is there somewhere on the site a list of these rules? Or are they just arbitrarily made up? Or are they unwritten rules? In which case, who decides what these rules are (besides the adminers, of course!)? Or do these rules date back to long before any of our time, and so are sacred? And leading on from that, are there still any member from when the DL very first started?

Phew...

Come on lads and ladettes! Who's going to impress us with their vast knowledge and expertise of the site?

I'm not a moderator but I'm not sure you could enforce a fame before illness rule. Maybe in 1955 you could but medical science keeps those previously condemned to death on the go for ages now. I mean, someone diagnosed with Jane Tomlinson's condition could go on and have a pop career longer and more successful than the likes of One True Voice.

Fame before murder - or execution - probably is enforeable though.

So that is decided.

First rule of deathlist:

Fame before death. :o

And generally fame before illness too.

The thread should be kept as reference so we don't have to go through this process again with new members.

Also - where is the fun in locking it - you get some good ranters here.