Guest Chewie

Jane Tomlinson Killer Ride

it will be interesting to see if she gets a bigger turnout than paul hunter.

Definitely.

Paul Hunter was just a snooker player, Jane's the new Queen of Hearts.

Unlike so many of the rather mean-spirited people on here, I wish her all the best and hope she continues for a few more years yet - yes, terminal means terminal but it does not necessarily mean 'dead soon'. Fraud or not (and I really don't believe she is a fraud - there are easier ways of becoming famous. She could have streaked down The Headrow for instance or shot Christa Ackroyd live on air on Look North), she's done a lot of good in helping fight a disease that will touch the vast majority of us at some point in our lives. However, spread to her liver eh? *Definite* candidate for 2007 then. I used to know someone who, like Jane, started off with breast cancer. Once it spread to her liver she was buggered (not literally :sick: ) and died a few months later.

If she is visibly and undeniably on her definitely, for sure, no kidding about this time, last legs come two months time she'll be a dead cert for a Damehood I suspect. She's more deserving than some (though I'd personally rather see 'Arise Dame Julie Walters' myself.)

Can anyone name any famous bods who have survived it without a transplant? And, for those who died of liver cancer, I wonder what the average life expectancy between diagnosis and death was?

When she does go, this site might as well go offline for a bit. No one's going to be able to get on it anyway. It's gonna crash more spectaculatly than all the news sites did on September 11th...

When she does go, this site might as well go offline for a bit. No one's going to be able to get on it anyway. It's gonna crash more spectaculatly than all the news sites did on September 11th...

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that when she does go she's well in her 80's and long forgotten.

regards,

Hein

when jane does check out, it will mean another state funeral in my home town of leeds.

it will be interesting to see if she gets a bigger turnout than paul hunter.

less celebrities but more members of the public grieving for the sake of it.

the only thing that will top that will be when sir jimmy savile pops off.

happy days

Dunno about Jimmy, he makes quite a few people uneasy in a hard to pin down sort of way. Whether a cascade of luvvies and his adoring public will brave the Yorkshire drizzle remains to be seen. Probably be a fairly good turnout from Stoke Mandervile Hospital's former patients, mind.

Arh... that's bad news, Jane now has cancer in her liver! If that's the case then she has weeks or months, not years. For sure that now means an obligitary entry in all the obvious deadpools.

More from the American Cancer Society:

At this time surgery, either to remove the tumor or to do a liver transplant, offers the only chance to cure liver cancer. If all of the cancer that the surgeon can see at the time of the operation can be removed, you have the best outlook for survival. Complete removal of most liver cancers is not possible. Often the cancer is large, is found in many different parts of the liver, or has spread beyond the liver. Also, many people with cirrhosis do not have enough healthy liver left to make surgery an option.

A liver transplant has become an option for people with small liver cancers. For now, this method is reserved for those with a few small tumors but whose cancer cannot be totally removed, either because of the location of the tumors or because not enough normal liver remains. Over 2500 transplants were performed in people with liver cancer in the last 2 years. The 5-year survival for these patients is around 70%. Not only is the risk of a second new liver cancer eliminated, but the new liver will function normally.

Not many livers are available for patients with cancer because they are most often used for more curable diseases. Patients often must wait a long time, often too long, for a liver to be found. For that reason, some doctors suggest a limited resection first and then a transplant if the cancer comes back.

Only a small number of liver cancers are found in the early stages and can be removed by surgery. Fewer than 30% of patients having surgery are able to have their cancer completely removed. The overall 5-year relative survival rate from liver cancer is about 9%. One reason for this low survival rate is that most patients with liver cancer also have cirrhosis of the liver, which itself can be fatal.

Nope - doesn't sound good. So, if the cancer has spread to her liver it's put up or shut up time.

She might be an Aquarius but Cancer is rising in her chart!

She's got a new book out (her second I think) titled You Can't Take It with You

See here.

Speaking of books, Jo and Rob Gambi have one. They climbed the highest mountain on each continent after his second battle with cancer. Need I say more, I think my idea of fielding teams of those battling terminal illness in the 'play for your lives' football league is a few years away, at most.

Jane Tomlinson revealed to the Leeds Lights crowd that she was on the verge of another major fundraising drive announcement. Jane said: "There will be a huge, huge event happening next year. It will be based in Leeds but will be for all the people of Yorkshire to support. We hope it will be an immense success."

While I sympathize with Jane Tomlinson, I believe that in the past she misled well meaning people by overhyping her condition, as a way to raise money and write books. Instead of just stating that she had cancer and was fighting it, when the story came out in 2004, she made everyone believe that she was on the verge of death with only months to live when that clearly was not the case.

However, if what she said about cancer spreading to her liver is true, then her days are clearly numbered. The prognosis of survival beyond a year from that condition without an operation or liver transplant is very low.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

OoO's second link above took me to a story about McFly turning on the Chrimbo lights in Leeds; are they gonna die soon?

There will be a huge, huge event happening next year. It will be based in Leeds

She's going to assassinate Ken Bates, his lifeless body then dragged down The Headrow and finally ritually burnt on a bonfire in front of the Billy Bremner statue at Elland Road in front of a crowd of jubilant thousands? :(

Never mind events Jane, we want to know how your liver's doing...

OoO's second link above took me to a story about McFly turning on the Chrimbo lights in Leeds; are they gonna die soon?

The 2nd link mentions Jane and her "big event". You have to scroll further than the headline, young man. :P Although McFly's death would not be a huge loss to mankind.

Surely, VT, Bates's assassination event would simply not just be confined to Yorkshire, the whole world would join in.....

FF, as I've said before, and I'll say it again - what Tomlinson does for charity is superb & I pity anyone with cancer. It's what she does for her own self publicity that rankles with me and also the fact she denies she does all this for publicity and then brings out a book/DVD/goes on GMTV B)

Cross Country for Cancer coast to coast US cycle marathon to raise funds. Linked to the blessed Jane's Wiki page. At the bottom of their Wiki page there is a reference to another event in planning, Seven Summits for Syphillis.

Does anyone out there know if this is for real or simply a cracking hack on the beloved Wiki?

There will be a huge, huge event happening next year. It will be based in Leeds

She's going to assassinate Ken Bates, his lifeless body then dragged down The Headrow and finally ritually burnt on a bonfire in front of the Billy Bremner statue at Elland Road in front of a crowd of jubilant thousands? :angry:

Never mind events Jane, we want to know how your liver's doing...

Well, Jane was on radio 5 live this morning and listed not only liver cancer but also bone and lung cancer. She has done well till now but I fear she is beyond the hope that the next lot of chymo will really help her. She said that she can't walk beyond a quarter mile at time so you have to think that the end is getting closer. These treatments are quite aggessive and I'm thinking if she does this next session then she might be gone sooner than many may think. She has plans to do some event planning in June - thinking that she wants to be about to see it happen, but I can't think she will get much further than that. Liver cancer to me says five months max even if the growth is slow. She's had it dianosed since Oct '06 so I'm thinking she's already had her time and more. No way will she be able to take to 10 months past dianosis, so that tells me she will be gone by this August at the very lastest. Never the less she had lots of good will messages for the interview and I too wish her well. Its a feat and a half to raise over a million in her condition.

God speed Jane - done well girl.

Ali

Agree with yers re liver cancer, mind you. Lindsey f*****g Hughes had the diagnosis last summer, and is - I think - still breathing.

More Whinging by the Tomlinsons

For someone "too ill", making another TV programme.... Hmmm.. publicity shy she ain't... :rolleyes:

By the way, I am innocent of allegations that I am one of the phone callers. I have much, much better things to do with my time then speak to her & her husband. *shudder*

More Whinging by the Tomlinsons

For someone "too ill", making another TV programme.... Hmmm.. publicity shy she ain't... :lol:

By the way, I am innocent of allegations that I am one of the phone callers. I have much, much better things to do with my time then speak to her & her husband. *shudder*

Isn't there caller ID? Then we could be sure if it is OoO on the other end of that line...... :lol:

The programme, No Surrender, is broadcast on ITV1 in the Yorkshire region at 1930 BST on Tuesday.

How dare they! I mean, there's a world of deadpool posters outside of Yorkshire being denied their chance to study form. Could the Yorkshire contingent hereabouts check it out and report back?

Thanks

As this thread could be in line for some serious action soon, including visits from respected journalists from the Sun, can I just add that I hope Jane Tomlinson dies of cancer. :lol:

only joking, not really, i hope she gets run over by a bus, when she's 94, having successfully beaten cancer, completed many marathons, written many books on the subject and been elevated to the Order of the Garter.

As this thread could be in line for some serious action soon, including visits from respected journalists from the Sun, can I just add that I hope Jane Tomlinson dies of cancer. :huh:

only joking, not really, i hope she gets run over by a bus, when she's 94, having successfully beaten cancer, completed many marathons, written many books on the subject and been elevated to the Order of the Garter.

Respected by whom, exactly?

Respected by whom, exactly?

People who write for the Daily Star and The Sport.

People who write for the Daily Star and The Sport.

Talking comparison I've seen the writers in sports that exaggerate beyond belief and their investments have proved to be failures. Desperate minds who attempt to grasp any bit of original information will try and maximize the situation's value as much as possible. Pathetic is the word.