Lady Die

Harold Pinter

Miss Anubis saw the great man in action last week at The Royal Court. Still burning with righteous anger, drinking heavily from what could have been wine, probably laced with morphine. Her opinion is that he'll last the year if only to carry on his long term rant agains GWB, TB and the war in Iraq.

re. the interview mentioned above:

Here's a preview which includes photos of him.

Shame I missed it, but there was surprisingly little coverage/fanfare, even on the BBC pages beforehand.

If nothing else, he's aged terribly. Perhaps the long hot summer will continue to beat him down.

I must say Pinter has proved a big disappointment. I thought he would be gone pretty quickly in January but he' s still banging away. As long as certain people - writers, politicians, TV commentators etc - maintain their soap boxes they seem to be able to go on and on, no matter how frail they become. Meanwhile others , like Paul O'Grady, come from nowhere and take us by surprise. Mind, O'Grady could go on still. This is one tough game. It sometimes seems as if hardly anyone is dying anymore. Has it gone out of fashion?

re. the interview mentioned above:

Here's a preview which includes photos of him.

Shame I missed it, but there was surprisingly little coverage/fanfare, even on the BBC pages beforehand.

If nothing else, he's aged terribly. Perhaps the long hot summer will continue to beat him down.

Wait a moment though, I see from CP's link that Pinter is down to perform in Krapp's Last Tape by Beckett in October. Now that would be worth waiting for. It's a splendid play about an old bloke who suffers from constipation and regrets about a lost love. I sometimes think we live in a constipated society.

I sometimes think we live in a constipated society.

:lol:

We're definitely full of crap and not letting it go anytime soon.

Mind, O'Grady could go on still

Not if he persists in smoking heavily he won't. Yeah Harold has been something of a disappointment on the death front, seeing him give that Nobel speech sitting down and with a blanket over his legs I thought a couple of months tops but nope, there he was a few weeks ago giving a studio interview for a BBC arts programme. He looked terrible mind you so he'll be a candidate for 2007 maybe <_<

Latest news from someone who had dinner with him on Saturday night...he's looking far better than he should. Still going to pop off soon, but may survive the year.

Looks like we're not the only ones expecting Pinter to go soon:

Celebration of Pinter's life

Harold Pinter week

No health news though. Though I plan on doing a "before DL, after DL" comparison of my 2006 and 2007 DDP teams, I'd prefer to see my joker on the up and out. <_<

Well this news beats no news at all, but I'm very disappointed about Mr Pinter's effort. Almost as much as Mr Throat's.

regards,

Hein

Looks like we're not the only ones expecting Pinter to go soon:

Celebration of Pinter's life

Harold Pinter week

No health news though. Though I plan on doing a "before DL, after DL" comparison of my 2006 and 2007 DDP teams, I'd prefer to see my joker on the up and out. <_<

Well this news beats no news at all, but I'm very disappointed about Mr Pinter's effort. Almost as much as Mr Throat's.

regards,

Hein

Seems like they're trying to squeeze those events in "just in case"

Leslie - 'Dirty Den' - Grantham is playing in that match. Hell, is that a tribute or an admission of desperation in mustering the bodies to pay homage to Harold. I'll bet Grantham and Chris Langham are swapping mobile phone messages now;

Chris: Will this sex scandal ruin my career Leslie?

Leslie: Nah mate, I still get meself a bit of presenting on Sky 17 and the odd charity cricket match.

If the photo in that article is recent, he looks very well.

Have we got anyone going along to this?

It's now sold out, apparently.

Have we got anyone going along to this?

It's now sold out, apparently.

That play better be good, or the critics really will have a tagline that writes itself.

That play better be good, or the critics really will have a tagline that writes itself.

So i've heard this man is a brillient playwrite. All these critics really have respect for him i'm sure, I don't think there will be much of a debate.

Harold Pinter interview.

A bit of health news if you dig through the whole thing, but an interesting read even if you're not looking for death.

Nothing we haven't heard before though. Hopes for a joker success continue to fade...

Aye, but if you can't play your joker at least yer man Pinter's having a laugh. Seems in remarkable form considering how close to death he was last year.

Aye, but if you can't play your joker at least yer man Pinter's having a laugh. Seems in remarkable form considering how close to death he was last year.

Don't you just hate the marvel that is modern medical science?

A very vicious and intellectual debate could be made out of this.

A very vicious and intellectual debate could be made out of this.

Err, I'd imagine not.

Guest ValiSS

So if i understan correct, the idea is that you write people names that must die, or will die in this year?

Hm...

But it looks, that here is only a old mens that die from natural death. But i dont see a normal aged people.

Can i write people name that must, or will die in this year too?

Some Latvian politics, or other famous people?

Aye, you could suggest famous Latvians on the Deathlist Forum where we'd love to read about them, especially if they're likely to die soon.

ValiSS where did you get your name. Is it - perchance - from one of Philip K Dick's final books in which VALIS stands for Vast Active Living Intelligence System

I've always thought that description fits the Deathlist perfectly!

My impression is that ValiSS fancies drawing up a list and then sort of sorting it. It's not like that ValiSS. Deathlist is passive rather than active.