Lady Die

Harold Pinter

Guest Guest
Could someone remind me why we chose a 76 year old who is doing fine for 2007?

I mean, the guy hasn't had cancer since 2002 and has plans for plays or whatever he does well into 2008!

Since when does getting cancer in 2002 mean he hasn't had cancer since 2002? You mean he hasn't developed a new form of cancer since then? Hardly a reason to disqualify him. I'm not sure what "doing fine" means to you but every article mentions how frail he is, how he's battling cancer, and how he couldn't even fly to attend his Nobel Prize ceremony 13 months ago.

Guest Hoodlum
What! You didn't take the opportunity to add some thallium relish to his dinner? Hang your head Mr Trees, hang your head.

Alright, man. I find death an interesting topic. I'm constantly checking Wikipedia's recent deaths page, and am interested in human longetivity, how people die, and what factors affect the age of a person, as well as biography in general.

...but really, don't say things like that because they're just totally inappropriate and hateful.

What! You didn't take the opportunity to add some thallium relish to his dinner? Hang your head Mr Trees, hang your head.

Alright, man. I find death an interesting topic. I'm constantly checking Wikipedia's recent deaths page, and am interested in human longetivity, how people die, and what factors affect the age of a person, as well as biography in general.

...but really, don't say things like that because they're just totally inappropriate and hateful.

Either that or it was a topical jest.

By the way, is that the worst thing you've found on the DL? 3/10, must try harder, see me etc.

With only a guess that Senator Johnson and Piper live through the year, it would be some closure to see Harold Pint Off.

He seemed such a dead cert towards the end of 2005, didn't he ;)

Think optimistic. Remember Aaron Spelling's 'Minor Stroke' or Pinochet's release from the hospital. All at the lower seats of last years list. I think Haughley was let go from the cocters a couple times before he became a statistic.

Think optimistic. Remember Aaron Spelling's 'Minor Stroke' or Pinochet's release from the hospital. All at the lower seats of last years list. I think Haughley was let go from the cocters a couple times before he became a statistic.

Indeed... people give up on those advertised as "sure things" if they make it more than 12 months... as a deathpooler I enjoy feasting on last year's leftovers...

That said, I think it's harder to gauge writers and playwrights as they like to establish a lot more forshadowing before they kick it - they seem to want to script their own death; politicians are similar in that they want to establish a legacy, although such can be done years (or decades) in advance. For writer-types, many of them try to establish the actual way their death gets depicted and are revealed to the media. It's the Pinters, Vidals, Vonneguts, Salingers and Solzhenitsyns who make big deals about auctioning off their possessions or anticipating their respective demises. Unless they're planning to off themselves, there's not much value in how they perceive their own state of health...

I believe the term is urologist.

Typical Frogs, giving a Brit an award just because he says mean things about the UK and US governments, which the Frenchies are too cowardly to say themselves. Plus they probably had loads of extra medals, not having any heroes of their own to give them to. I think the last one went to that Concorde pilot of a few years back, who in crashing was responsible for the deaths of more Germans than the entire French army in WWII.

At times I regret having him on my list, it was a split decision but when reading articals like this i'm in a whole new mind set. It isn't his obituary but so far it's good enough for me.

At times I regret having him on my list, it was a split decision but when reading articals like this i'm in a whole new mind set. It isn't his obituary but so far it's good enough for me.

He was my joker in last year's DDP team. I left him out this year. I'll be a tad annoyed if joins the invisible troupe this year.

regards,

Hein

If he should return to the stage, I'll be the looney on the side lines jumping up and down shouting, "Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth"!

Interview with the great man who, amongst other things, says this is the busiest year of his life.

Having beaten cancer, and being quite seemingly active, it would appear fraility is his major problem right now.

Wo wo wo - he beat cancer? When the hell did this happen?

Wo wo wo - he beat cancer? When the hell did this happen?

Quite a while back now, I believe. Then he had skin cancer, but beat that too. As I understand it, and from the above article and others, he's cancer free, and just withered & frail from battling it.

I hate to admit it, because it was a f****n poor choice made by me, including him on my DDP and all. But I think the odds of him actually croaking this year are down the block, you can be frail for years and accounting on Deathlist terms, he is considered young. We might be talking another solid five years. But with hopes that he happens over the summer or something, I'll leave it at that and just think Aaron Spelling who was a real life quality hit last year.

Very few people beat the big (oesophageal) C. A relentless tumour which slowly invades the tissues...........

I am given to believe that Pinter was rushed to hospital last Friday and is currently in intensive care. No quotable sources, I'm afraid, but I understand that his wife, Lady Antonia Fraser, has cleared her diary of engagements to be with him.

...I understand that his wife, Lady Antonia Fraser, has cleared her diary of engagements to be with him.

Maybe she's just being lazy?

I am given to believe that Pinter was rushed to hospital last Friday and is currently in intensive care. No quotable sources, I'm afraid, but I understand that his wife, Lady Antonia Fraser, has cleared her diary of engagements to be with him.

Blimey, they've kept that quiet haven't they?

I could do with the points..... ;)

So they're sitting around with not much happening making enigmatic utterances to each other.

Kinda fitting, dontcha think?