Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

I do hope she dies soon, but not after she sufficently suffers the fear of having her brain mutate into Jello Pudding ( context chemicals that burn the brain, but delicious chemicals mind you, but very very bad for the head). While Hard working commoners worked their balls off building the economy and nation, to care aging kin, who gave EVERYTHING including suffering such terrors of say for instance projectile explosives intended to vaporize their loved ones (V2 missles, and blitz). The helllike hell our loved ones retained their humanity and build from the rubble a high tech society (the 40's-present), with these traumas and memories. And she goes and fucks them over with substandard living conditions. As a Canadian, I will never experience living in such a society, as North America was intact after the war, but I can only imagine the fustrations of having to build over again, akin to say Japan, or Germany or France. Such balls.

Anyways, may Thatcher die latter this year, so she is cared for, nurses (that she underfunded), wipeing her bottom (that shit bag, and piss bag). May she wander in a cold frost of apathatic hospital adminstrators and a backsided gown showing a wrinkly ass, like another commoner. (citizens who earned the honors from a life of hard work, not just ptttbh with medals and honors for being the "First female PM". May she suffer in confused fear as unknown people try to comfort her last moments on earth with some degree of dignity, and the fear of not recognizing them latter as her brain is fried. Or worse.... may she stay awake for the last months of her life like Queen Elizabeth I did.

I may not have lived under the Conservatives of the UK, but I did under the Tories of Canada. May the PC party, fuck off for ever. Fuck you Tory bitch fuck you.

Or worse.... may she stay awake for the last months of her life like Queen Elizabeth I did.

Because dying of the common cold aged 101 must really have been excruciating...

Or worse.... may she stay awake for the last months of her life like Queen Elizabeth I did.

>>> But I though Queen E died staying up for a few months, growing long and smelly hair, smelly ass, pits, (ie being very very unkempt), frazzled hair, baggy eyes, unchanged clothes, this considering her frail health. I guess you heard otherwise. Do share your thoughts? (serious non sarcasm. Ummm I'm a nutter with Autism I really can't tell if I'm being sarcastic, ect sorry if I am in advance).

On this note,I remember reading a snippet about a English King who's funeral was ignoble. His horse bolted and his body I guess coffin was thrown into the air and his body landed but landed in a way that it went splat and all his bodily fluids or what was left of them, in particular his digestive ones went everywhere? Maybe someone was pulling my leg. But if you know, could you tell me please who he is, so I can look him up. Thanks.

And when you say I didn't like her... I have these Irish Facebooker friends who mentioned something about Sein Fien and IRA or something. I don't follow those poltics but I asked do they hate each other then. One responded. "That's a "F" understatement of the century" then the other answered his cousin. Yeah no shit. So heheheheh there's my answer. All those people she hurt.....

He said Queen Elizabeth I, whereas you're referring to the Queen Mother.

It's worth noting several things with regard to the possible longevity of Maggie Thatcher.First she has allready lived longer than both her parents and only sibling.Also No PM has lived longer than 92 and no female MP has ever lived beyond 93. And most interestingly, she is one of only 6 surviving members of Ted Heaths cabinet .Since april 2005 10 members of Heaths cabinet have died.5 were younger than Thatcher is now,5 were older.The oldest was Heath himself who died one week after his 89th birthday.So statistically that means she will almost certainly die before october 2014.

Personally I think the odds have increased substantially of her dying this year.Possibly november or december

Do us all a favour and die today you evil old bint, whilst the world has it's attention focused on OBL. We've already had all media outlets crammed full of royal shit over the weekend, so it'd be good to bury your passing in a sea of CNN reports from Pakistan.

Do us all a favour and die today you old bint, whilst the world has it's attention focused on OBL. We've already had all media outlets crammed full of royal shit over the weekend, so it'd be good to bury your passing in a sea of CNN reports from Pakistan.

That'll never happen I'm afraid.Thatchers death wil be major news around the world no matter what else is going on at the time

I remember reading a snippet about a English King who's funeral was ignoble. His horse bolted and his body I guess coffin was thrown into the air and his body landed but landed in a way that it went splat and all his bodily fluids or what was left of them, in particular his digestive ones went everywhere? Maybe someone was pulling my leg. But if you know, could you tell me please who he is, so I can look him up. Thanks.

They had to scoop up the mess and put it(?)him into another coffin.

But seriously, having caught myself questioning the humanity of all those Americans and world leaders currently expressing their joy at the death of another human being, albeit a foreigner and a mass murderer (The US has the death penalty, most European states don't but let's not go there), I asked myself if I wouldn't be just as happy if Thatcher were to die. The answer is probably, although I expect Thatcher's death to be a bit of an anticlimax, given that it isn't going to undo anything she did.

I'd prefer Lady Thatcher to be kept alive and conscious indefinitely, in great discomfort, being lectured on the error of her ways by embittered ex-miners armed with electric cattle prods.

Does one get into trouble for saying things like that?

But seriously, having caught myself questioning the humanity of all those Americans and world leaders currently expressing their joy at the death of another human being, albeit a foreigner and a mass murderer (The US has the death penalty, most European states don't but let's not go there), I asked myself if I wouldn't be just as happy if Thatcher were to die. The answer is probably, although I expect Thatcher's death to be a bit of an anticlimax, given that it isn't going to undo anything she did.

I'd prefer Lady Thatcher to be kept alive and conscious indefinitely, in great discomfort, being lectured on the error of her ways by embittered ex-miners armed with electric cattle prods.

You might have to bear the wrath of Windsor, or anyone else who has her on their Hartlepool team. Other than that, I think you're safe.

Interesting question. (The one about would you be just as happy etc. - not the 'does one get into trouble' one).

Personally, I think I shall experience a complete feeling of ambivalence (after a fleeting moment of euphoria perhaps). I detest the woman with every fibre of my being for what she did to the country, so there certainly won't be any feelings of regret, as there may have been even with Heath, and certainly were with 'lesser' mortals, who to my mind, have enriched society, rather than the opposite.

As you say, it isn't going to undo anything she did. Similarly, apart from a raised eyebrow, a-la Roger Moore, I'm completely unmoved by bin-Laden's demise.

Half this board is wishing death on people that the writer disagrees with people politically. I think there will be great joy expressed by some people when Thatcher, Carter, Blair, W, Clinton dies. I think we can let people celebrate the death of Osama. If we don't understand then who will? Maybe they all had him as the WC?

All these years after the end of her reign she still seems to stir up emotions in this forum. The Government may find itself under pressure to provide photographic proof of her demise, followed by a swift burial at sea over the wreck of the Belgrano to prevent any possibility that her grave becomes a rallying point for Tory suicide squads left behind as sleepers on Mothers' Union committees throughout the Home Counties. I suppose the circulation of a photograph would be considered too gruesome for public consumption. But, without it, conspiracy theorists may be tempted to believe she could be still alive, living on a banana plantation in Paraguay. And even when she's gone her old personal bodyguard, Von Tebbit, will remain to carry the torch at future Nuremberg Rallies Conservative Party Conferences.

Meanwhile former activists and supporters will continue to meet in the bier kellers of Basingstoke and Tunbridge Wells, reminiscing over the old times and singing the

at the Parish Council. Yes, those were the days, when the reds were rolled back over the steppes of South Yorkshire and Thatcher's forces could almost reach out and touch Barnsley town hall. But they couldn't get Scargill and the old bastard lives on with his memories, his banners and his heavily decorated cap even as NUM veterans coo over the royal wedding in their former council houses acquired under the right-to-buy legislation.

Oh, and by the way, they didn't get me.

Osama

Half this board is wishing death on people that the writer disagrees with people politically. I think there will be great joy expressed by some people when Thatcher, Carter, Blair, W, Clinton dies. I think we can let people celebrate the death of Osama. If we don't understand then who will? Maybe they all had him as the WC?

smiley-scared003.gif

Which half? Will they negotiate? I have chocolate chip cookies

Seriously, I agree with you. Celebration over the death of a baddie is always more acceptable to like minded people who have suffered together because of an Osama or a Thatcher.

There are also Americans who do not view OBL as a villain, as there are, no doubt, people in Britain who do not feel that way about Margaret Thatcher.

@ NAP: Personally, yes, I'm glad he's dead. I'll be glad when Thatcher goes too. That doesn't mean that at the same time I don't feel sorrow about the death of another human being because I do; it's an ambiguity that I have to live with.

The first week or so after Thatchers death will probably be a nightmare for people who hate her,since all the tv news and papers will be full of 2 faced rubbish about what a brilliant prime minister she was,and of course there will be live coverage of the state funeral which will make the fuss about the royal wedding seem bearable by comparison!

I remember reading a snippet about a English King who's funeral was ignoble. His horse bolted and his body I guess coffin was thrown into the air and his body landed but landed in a way that it went splat and all his bodily fluids or what was left of them, in particular his digestive ones went everywhere? Maybe someone was pulling my leg. But if you know, could you tell me please who he is, so I can look him up. Thanks.

They had to scoop up the mess and put it(?)him into another coffin.

Not an English king but you may also be interested to research Frederick Barbarossa who met a similar demise when attempts to preserve his corpse in a barrel of vinegar failed....

The first week or so after Thatchers death will probably be a nightmare for people who hate her,since all the tv news and papers will be full of 2 faced rubbish about what a brilliant prime minister she was,and of course there will be live coverage of the state funeral which will make the fuss about the royal wedding seem bearable by comparison!

I don't think they bother with live coverage of state funerals anymore, for ex-PMs at least, they didn't for Ted Heath or James Callaghan

smiley-scared003.gif

Which half? Will they negotiate? I have chocolate chip cookies

Seriously, I agree with you. Celebration over the death of a baddie is always more acceptable to like minded people who have suffered together because of an Osama or a Thatcher.

There are also Americans who do not view OBL as a villain, as there are, no doubt, people in Britain who do not feel that way about Margaret Thatcher.

@ NAP: Personally, yes, I'm glad he's dead. I'll be glad when Thatcher goes too. That doesn't mean that at the same time I don't feel sorrow about the death of another human being because I do; it's an ambiguity that I have to live with.

I have yellow cake uranium for said cookies :lol:

I don't think they bother with live coverage of state funerals anymore, for ex-PMs at least, they didn't for Ted Heath or James Callaghan

I don't think they even have State funerals for ex-prime ministers. Not normally anyway. The last one was for Sir Winston Churchill, I think.

There were mutterings about a state funeral for Thatcher, but no decision to hold one. Since she looks a cert to go this year I do think there will be irony to be enjoyed in the fact that a Conservative led government, hell-bent on slashing public spending, and staffed by people who got into the party during her leadership, will be the ones faced with the problem of sending her off affordably. IMHO it's NOT the way she'd have wanted it, but it's the legacy she worked tirelessly to achieve.

Re the outpouring of praise; I don't think so. Add together the BBC, who'll lead it and will have to be objective, and the vast number of media types who hated her and her life's work, and there will be plenty of balanced commentating. Obviously The Sun newspaper will do her proud.

If you haven't already joined the Facebook group:

Death rumours update: We're seeing lots of smoke, but no fire. Cross your fingers, anyway, just in case. It'd be a good end to a bad week

I suppose there's still enough bunting left for another street party.

Death rumours update: We're seeing lots of smoke, but no fire. Cross your fingers, anyway, just in case. It'd be a good end to a bad week

Lots of Twitter posts suggesting she is gravely ill and might not last the night.

Lots of Twitter posts suggesting she is gravely ill and might not last the night.

I havent found any credible reports to substantiate these rumours.I think its just wishful thinking following OBLs death

There are now twitter rumours that she has died...but you know what twitter is like.