Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher is dead- sort of -the scottish comedienne and actress Janet Brown who was famous for impersonating her has died aged 87

Margaret Thatcher is dead- sort of -the scottish comedienne and actress Janet Brown who was famous for impersonating her has died aged 87

87? I had no idea she was that old...

87? I had no idea she was that old...

according to wikipedia she was 88 but they always have to be different..then again if she was 88 it would tie in with my theory about the number 88 being significant to Thatcher...

Why did you feel the need to post Janet Browns death in this thread half an hour AFTER it was posted in the 'bring out your dead' thread?

sorry I didnt realise it had been posted there allready.I'll be more careful next time

close but no cigar

I have a theory that Thatcher will die when this thread reaches its 88th page.88 is an important number to thatcher -she became tory leader on february 11, 1975-11./2/75..add the numbers and it comes to 88..she became prime minister on may 4 1979..4/5/79..again adding the numbers comes to 88.Her husband Dennis died shortly after his 88th birthday.So lets hurry up and get to the 88th page of this thread!

I think you're on to something. In very right-wing circles it's not unusial to sign off messages with '88'1, the 8th letter of the alphabet being 'H', therefore 'HH' , to be understood as 'Heil Hitler'.

Let's hope she dies before she's 88.

1Among telegraphists '88' is also used as a sign-off. To them it means 'love and kisses'.

Hein

Well, we have made it to page 88, so let's see if your theory is correct...

close but no cigar

You'd think that Mrs T could do some respect here won't you? I mean Janet Brown who copied your every move for some 12 years has died, can't you start Mrs T and try and copy Janet Brown at this point. By dying.... :huh:

I have a theory that Thatcher will die when this thread reaches its 88th page.88 is an important number to thatcher -she became tory leader on february 11, 1975-11./2/75..add the numbers and it comes to 88..she became prime minister on may 4 1979..4/5/79..again adding the numbers comes to 88.Her husband Dennis died shortly after his 88th birthday.So lets hurry up and get to the 88th page of this thread!

I think you're on to something. In very right-wing circles it's not unusial to sign off messages with '88'1, the 8th letter of the alphabet being 'H', therefore 'HH' , to be understood as 'Heil Hitler'.

1Among telegraphists '88' is also used as a sign-off. To them it means 'love and kisses'.

Hein

Maybe we better make as few posts as possible from now on so it stays on this page for as long as possible till she dies..

Hein

Maybe we better make as few posts as possible from now on so it stays on this page for as long as possible till she dies..

So... this is it? - The Milk Snatcher's last page... Damn I have so much to say

The Milk Snatcher

This is one thing I cannot find it in my heart to hold against her.

Long before Thatch, I went to a rural village primary school which was heated by a Tortoise stove, as per John Betjeman (who for a time lived locally) see:

"The bells of waiting Advent ring,

The Tortoise stove is lit again"

Anyway. The milk when left outside froze in cold weather, and was placed beside said tortoise stove to thaw. As a small nipper I drank the said milk when it was hot, promptly threw up with the usual dreadful consequences, and have never been able to drink milk since, unless it is heavily disguised*.

* I can cope if it is laced with copious amounts of brandy and similar additions.

Just posted the following on BBC website about the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations next year and us all getting an extra Bank Holiday. Post has been removed by the moderators on the grounds it was 'off topic' which it doesn't seem to be - possibly a bit too close to the truth? as no one is talking about how ill she is in the media either?? Perhaps there is some sort of media blackout?

'I understand that if the very ill Margaret Thatcher were to die there would be a state funeral (or similar) - would this also result in a further day off work?'

Just posted the following on BBC website about the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations next year and us all getting an extra Bank Holiday. Post has been removed by the moderators on the grounds it was 'off topic' which it doesn't seem to be - possibly a bit too close to the truth? as no one is talking about how ill she is in the media either?? Perhaps there is some sort of media blackout?

'I understand that if the very ill Margaret Thatcher were to die there would be a state funeral (or similar) - would this also result in a further day off work?'

It is off topic.

Margaret Thatcher's death and funeral has nothing to do with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Margaret Thatcher's death and funeral has nothing to do with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Would be a happy coincidence though :angry:

Would be a happy coincidence though :)

Having the two celebrations in one day, would certainly save a bit of money. :lol:

It would seem that Lady T has not completely lost her mental faculties yet as she is apparantely refusing to meet Sarah Palin because she considers her to be 'nuts'. For once I'm with Maggie

It would seem that Lady T has not completely lost her mental faculties yet as she is apparantely refusing to meet Sarah Palin because she considers her to be 'nuts'. For once I'm with Maggie

Interesting article. So Sarah Palin is going to Sudan?

:(:(

she would u-turn in her grave at al the u turns Camerons doing! (if she was actually in a grave)

Hein

This post is just to ensure nog's 88 stupidity doesn't become lore. Page 89, you can go fuck off and die now Mrs T.

That's it.You've blown it.She won't die now for years ,and it's all your fault!

Unless of course she died before you made that post and it hasn't been announced yet...

Hein

There is an article about this on Spiegel this morning: http://www.spiegel.de/international/german...,770820,00.html

Apparently, you can buy a book that deciphers neo-Nazi codes for you if you happen to be so inclined... :lol:

It's been a traumatic cou[ple of days for Lady T.Sunday was the 8th(that number again) anniversary of hubby Dennis death and today her precious handbag went on sale.Will the strain of it all finish her off? Probably not,but we're 3 months without a hit and counting so getting a bit desperate...

It's been a traumatic cou[ple of days for Lady T.Sunday was the 8th(that number again) anniversary of hubby Dennis death and today her precious handbag went on sale.Will the strain of it all finish her off? Probably not,but we're 3 months without a hit and counting so getting a bit desperate...

If you believe some reports, she often forgets Dennis is dead - so I doubt she recognises the significance of the date.

As for the handbag, I think David Cameron selling off the Falklands would be more likely to finish her off.