Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

A sad day. RIP to the greatest prime minister of my lifetime. God knows we need conviction politicians like her today, on both sides.

• Like 4

Among the crowing of the lefties, may i say how sad I am at the passing of the best Prime Minister this country has ever had.

And i sincerely hope they dont cremate her, as the lady's not for burning.

• Like 1

A sad day. RIP to the greatest prime minister of my lifetime. God knows we need conviction politicians like her today, on both sides.

What do you mean? They're all desperate to copy her. Say all you like about New Labour but the state this country is in is largely down to her administration...

Hope someone remembers to stick a wooden stake through her chest.

Just to make sure.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Bloody strange when I heard the news...it was announced during tonight's episode of Q&A which featured a panel of assorted feminists, who had been talking about women in positions of power and Thatcher's name had only just been mentioned... :huh:

From one Snatcher to another Snatcher - Goodbye Mrs. Thatcher.

• Like 1

"Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later"

Says all you need to say about this one.. about bloody time.

How ironic than on the day that The Milk Snatcher dies, UK retailers start rationing baby milk...

• Like 3

How ironic than on the day that The Milk Snatcher dies, UK retailers start rationing baby milk...

Well that's a not wholly successful way to bury bad news...

She invented Mr Whippy ice cream, for which I think we should all be grateful.

Unfortunately I didn't pick her - got bored with including her and her not dying. Typical.

• Like 1

S'cuse the cynicism but...that's brilliant timing. She's avoided the benefit changes, assessments of fitness and (possible) obligation to get by on £53 a week!

• Like 2

Oh happy fuckin day, pub in 20 minutes...

Hope this song embeds properly

• Facepalm 1

Really wish I was in Glasgow today

The party in George Square will be amazing

• Facepalm 1

How long before the sun runs the headline .

Cruel Internet trolls organise parties to celebrate the death of our iron lady.

amidst all the obvious leftie carping (and don't worry I'm not trying to object to anyone's opinion or their right to do that obviously, I know where i'm posting and I know what country I'm in, lol) this is like the biggest death ever in UK in a LONG LONG TIME. I was only 5 when she resigned and even I'm actually shaking and can barely type or hold the mouse because I know how huge she is in the history of the UK

edit: I actually only just heard 10 minutes ago btw, I didn't realise this news was two hours old. dont worry I'll probably stop being overdramatic in a few minutes)

• Like 2

Pub made, took 28 minutes :( , rot in Hell maggie.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Roll on 5.30. Home from work and straight to the pub to toast the overdue death of this venomous harpie. I'll raise a pint and toast your death. I hope a special corner of hell is reserved just for you and that you burn there.

This party has been years in the planning, sore heads all round tomorrow lol

• Facepalm 1

People who are old enough to have actually had to deal with shit like paying the poll tax have a right to say whatever they want but it's pathetic sight on Twitter and everywhere else to see all these snotty little media studies graduates who've never met a miner in their lives (and if they did they would probably call them "plebs") pretending to "celebrate" her death when their middle-class parents probably would have been secondary school music teachers at best if Callaghan had been Prime Minister for all the 80s.

• Like 1

I wonder who's death generated more traffic to this site Maggie thatcher or Clive Dunn?

One for the mods to answer.

• Like 1

I should wade through all this afternoons posts...but my heart isnt in it...Im too upset .

Just ....for all those drinking a drink in "celebration"....you should feel blessed to have the cash with which to buy said drinks....Thatcherite economics made you wealthy...NEVER forget that .

RIP......The Special One.....

• Like 1

I'm largely indifferent to the news of her death - other than the air punch at realising another DDP pick had died.

Incidentally I was sitting on the toilet taking a shit when I learned of her death...

http://www.camscape.com/view/30635

Glasow city council urging folk not to turn up and party.....doubt it will work, the webcam above might be worth watching...

• Facepalm 1