Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

Guest Miller

She stole my milk......surely a crime worthy of death and eternal damnation......

ive just seen footage of Lady Thatcher arriving at her birthday bash and she looks very frail indeed..she could hardly walk at all in fact and seemed quite confused.She doesnt look long for th is world im t hinking.Either that or she was drunk as a skunk

She likes a drink does Maggie.

I'll give her a couple of years or so tops!

ive just seen footage of Lady Thatcher arriving at her birthday bash and she looks very frail indeed..she could hardly walk at all in fact and seemed quite confused.She doesnt look long for th is world im t hinking.Either that or she was drunk as a skunk.

Time maybe for the Yorkshire miners to corner her and spring a surprise attack!

ive just seen footage of Lady Thatcher arriving at her birthday bash and she looks very frail indeed..she could hardly walk at all in fact and seemed quite confused.She doesnt look long for th is world im t hinking.Either that or she was drunk as a skunk.

Judging by that post, shes not the only one as 'drunk as a skunk'. :lol:

A lot of people die within 6 months of a birthday.   :dead:

That one probably won't go over well.

:lol:

Around 50% of people, I'll bet. :skull:

...and the other 50% are immortal. :P

(Here's hoping she comes into the first category. :lol: )

I must have misread it as "6 months after a birthday".

Well spotted Captain.

I'll give her a couple of years or so tops!

NNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

A lot of people die within 6 months of a birthday.   :P

That one probably won't go over well.

:ph34r:

Around 50% of people, I'll bet. ;)

...and the other 50% are immortal. :lol:

(Here's hoping she comes into the first category. :ph34r: )

I must have misread it as "6 months after a birthday".

Well spotted Captain.

100% - 6 months before and 6 months after.

Guest iain

shes gone

shes gone

Eh?

shes gone

She is still very much alive.

I seem to remember something similar in the P.Moore thread.

Some guest said 'hes gone', deathlisters contended it, the guest then came back and said 'I meant he's gone to bed for the night'.

Worst joke ever....

I seem to remember something similar in the P.Moore thread.

Some guest said 'hes gone', deathlisters contended it, the guest then came back and said 'I meant he's gone to bed for the night'.

Worst joke ever....

I'm sure any member wouldn't post anything as daft as that, else fall foul of the mental mods :ph34r:

shes gone

She is still very much alive.

Bugger! I was just about to open a bottle of champagne :(

I'm hoping she lives till 120. By then, hopefully 'Thatcherism' would have been overturned, her legacy destroyed and her reputation diminished. If she dies in the near future, I'll have to lock myself in a room for the next few weeks untill the coast is clear and all the platitudes would have died down. Alas, the latter is more likely to happen...

Guest iain

sorry i meant to say shes gone on for a couple of weeks but i was distracted.By the way shes going to get a state funeral when she dies.Is there a reasioon for why theyre making funeral arrangements for her allready?Is she suffering from a terminal illness?

the Queen wants old  Maggie to have a state funeral when she passes on..im curious why the subject is being raised right now?Is she closer to the end than we can imagine?

Hopefully we'll all get a day off work to "mourn" (down the pub).

These funerals all have a code-name. Wonder what Maggie's is?

Guest iain

something like operation 'lets partyyyyyyyy' i would imagine...

Sorry if there is any confusion chaps, but I merged this topic (MT's state funeral) with the existing Thatcher one. Pointless having two topics about the same bod.

Why does Thatcher engender such total vitriol, much of it from persons too young to understand what the issues were when she came to power. I suspect most of it is fashionable and 'peer pressure'.

Why does Thatcher engender such total vitriol, much of it from persons too young to understand what the issues were when she came to power. I suspect most of it is fashionable and 'peer pressure'.

My vitriol is based on experience, being old enough to remember when the old bag was in power.

I can't see this happening. You have to be well liked and respected or Royal for a State funeral and she's neither.

the Queen wants old Maggie to have a state funeral when she passes on..im curious why the subject is being raised right now?Is she closer to the end than we can imagine?

as much as many of you would like to see her die soon, I just wanted to point out one small segment of the article:

"Funerals for public figures are steeped in tradition and precedent. The royal household, Whitehall, the emergency services and local authorities spend years drawing up plans."

which means (bad news) she's expected to live a little while longer and (good news) her mind will deteriorate, making her, more or less, a demented zombie by life's end - slow and torturous.

Now what would you rather have, a quick painless death for her, or a slow, drawn out torture? You can still go to the pub and drink to her lost memory and elimination functions before she dies.

I'm rather sadly labelled one of Thatchers Children, which I'm offended at as I'm not a raging sociopath responsible for more harm than good.

I think her main problems were not knowing when to stop, holding too many grudges and vendettas, and not believing in such things as society and community. And being completely barking, of course.

I don't disagree to a certain extent with Josco that there were issues that had to be dealt with when she came to power, but I think she preferred to grind her opponents and enemies into the dust rather than possibly working for the greater good of the country. I guess that's my main complaint, she was in it for herself, her cronies and her supporters and bugger everyone else.