Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

:blink:

Thanks to this lady, the people fixing your cars, plumbing, electrics and teeth are are from former communist countries.

Technically we have the Big Poof, Sir Edward Heath, to blame for that.

A SCHIZOPHRENIC who believed he was the illegitimate son of Margaret Thatcher and the Duke of Edinburgh stabbed his father to death during a scuffle at his South Yorkshire home.

Now THAT is a true nut job. :blink:

Absolutely! And I love this quote:

There had been an improvement in Clarke's condition while he was treated at Wathwood and Barnsley hospital.

You've got to wonder how mad he must've been before this improvement. :(

Working from home most days, as I do, I get to watch Countdown (for the non-UK DLers, that's a "game show" for the elderly, with various numbers and letters-based games.)

Today, the special guest in "dictionary corner" is Carol Thatcher, daughter of the subject of this thread.

Before each advert break, they display an anagram (the so-called "tea-time teaser") on the screen for viewers at home to work out.

The tea-time teaser anagram at the first ad break today was PINOCHET (re-arranged that gives the answer PHONETIC). I had to chuckle.

The production crew were probably hoping the old witch was watching, just so they could have a sly dig, even if Carol has nothing to do with her mother's various unholy alliances. ;)

Working from home most days, as I do, I get to watch Countdown (for the non-UK DLers, that's a "game show" for the elderly, with various numbers and letters-based games.)

Today, the special guest in "dictionary corner" is Carol Thatcher, daughter of the subject of this thread.

Before each advert break, they display an anagram (the so-called "tea-time teaser") on the screen for viewers at home to work out.

The tea-time teaser anagram at the first ad break today was PINOCHET (re-arranged that gives the answer PHONETIC). I had to chuckle.

The production crew were probably hoping the old witch was watching, just so they could have a sly dig, even if Carol has nothing to do with her mother's various unholy alliances. :lol:

Now that's comedy :lol:

The production crew were probably hoping the old witch was watching, just so they could have a sly dig, even if Carol has nothing to do with her mother's various unholy alliances.  :lol:

Now that's comedy :lol:

Before I knew she was a PM, I thought she was some sort of latenight

joke that grew popular..

Ive heard that Lady T was a friend and big admirer of Sir Freddie Laker who died yesterday so maybe his demise might set back her health

We can but hope, or, of course, hide somewhere she goes and jump out at her when she walks past, surely by her age, and level of evilness, she must have some trouble with her heart!!!

^^^ IIRC, years ago, when the last Tory government was clinging onto power with a Commons majority of 1, some TV prankster (possibly Chris Morris?) did that. He found out who was the oldest, dodderiest Tory MP, sneaked up behind him and burst a balloon. Unfortunately the old boy turned out be deaf. :blink:

I was rather shocked at a poster I saw in someones office at University today.

The poster featured a picture of an old Margaret Thatcher with big bold writing reading "HURRY UP AND DIE". So at least we know we are not the only morbid buggers. :blink:

As it goes Maggie was in the papers the last day - she went out for a walk (How that can be classed as news, I do not know).

As it goes Maggie was in the papers the last day - she went out for a walk (How that can be classed as news, I do not know).

The news was that she wasn't too pissed to walk like she normally is...

Hope she doesn't die soon anyway - with David 'Bumbling Like-able Toff, it worked for Stephen Fry' Cameron wittering on about his liberal agenda - she'll be spinning so fast they won't be able to get her in the ground.

Hope she doesn't die soon anyway - with David 'Bumbling Like-able Toff, it worked for Stephen Fry' Cameron wittering on about his liberal agenda - she'll be spinning so fast they won't be able to get her in the ground.

That sounds like a cheap way do drill the main shaft of a new coal mine.

regards,

Hein

That sounds like a cheap way do drill the main shaft of a new coal mine.

regards,

Hein

:P

Oh the irony, a dutch cap is raised to you dear Hein, pure genius

She's still not forgiven for taking my milk away from me at school, she will always be 'Thatcher the Milk Snatcher' to me at some level. :P

Not only that, she didn't even get the trains running on time, like any self-respecting dictator leader should. :lol:

If she's as demented as some of us hope she is, and she took a walk at 3am in diapers and nightgown...I'd call it newsworthy.

In many ways I hope the Thatch doesn't snuff it - not before the Revolution anyway, when we can deal with her properly!

But then, if she died a really horribly undignified death that would be a good second best!

In many ways I hope the Thatch doesn't snuff it - not before the Revolution anyway, when we can deal with her properly!

But then, if she died a really horribly undignified death that would be a good second best!

Come the revolution a Mr. T Blair will be top of my lynching from a lampost list, not pathetic old Maggie.

What Revolution? I'm guessing communist due to your name...that'll never happen now.

Come the revolution a Mr. T Blair will be top of my lynching from a lampost list, not pathetic old Maggie.

Same thing, just updated. Mind you, he's got a lot more smarm than she has. Anyway shes a doddery old fool, and has reached the age where her relatives are droppng like flies, I say let her be the last to go!

One of the best features of being doddery and forgetful is that you forget people are dead.

I met a man (dementia sufferer) who was looking for his wife in a home. I later found out she was a resident of the local graveyard. She had been dead for two years.

He's dead now too - saves me the headache....

One of the best features of being doddery and forgetful is that you forget people are dead.

I met a man (dementia sufferer) who was looking for his wife in a home. I later found out she was a resident of the local graveyard. She had been dead for two years.

He's dead now too - saves me the headache....

Have one of those stories myself - working with the demented. Woman brought in as a patient, obviously well cared for but demented as all hell. Like your guy, she was walking around, looking for a way out so she could get home to her husband. Turns out her husband, who had been taking care of the woman, could no longer care for the woman, and simply couldn't take the stress anymore. This woman's husband shot himself in the head with her at home. How demented was this woman? I showed her hubby's obituary and she figured it was just another man with the same name as her husband, and didn't remember the newspaper being there less than a minute later. Since she didn't remember...no harm, no foul.

On March 9, Thatcher attended the second memorial service for Lord Lichfield, Royal photographer and queen's cousin of The Queen.

I saw few photos of Thatcher from the service at Guards Chapel, Birdcage Walk in London, England.

Her presence made me wonder if Margaret Thatcher be attending another memorial service soon. :o

On March 9, Thatcher attended the second memorial service for Lord Lichfield, Royal photographer and queen's cousin of The Queen.

I saw few photos of Thatcher from the service at Guards Chapel, Birdcage Walk in London, England.

Her presence made me wonder if Margaret Thatcher be attending another memorial service soon. :)

Or if others will be attending hers. :evil:

Did we conclude on our earlier discussion as to whether or not she will get a State funeral?

Did we conclude on our earlier discussion as to whether or not she will get a State funeral?

Churchill did get a state funeral as an exceptional case - for leading Britain in victory through the second world war...

I don't think Margaret's twin victories over the corn beef exporters and the miners quite compare...

Jeremy Hardy said it all:

"Her grave will be a urinal to all decent, self-respecting people"