Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

Did we conclude on our earlier discussion as to whether or not she will get a State funeral?

Heath didn't. Callaghan didn't. Wilson didn't. etc. can't imaginbe that the leaderine will unless she is given some kind of special treatment for beinbg a wartime leader (although other war leaders have been denied a SF).

Did we conclude on our earlier discussion as to whether or not she will get a State funeral?

Heath didn't. Callaghan didn't. Wilson didn't. etc. can't imaginbe that the leaderine will unless she is given some kind of special treatment for beinbg a wartime leader (although other war leaders have been denied a SF).

The difference is that Heath, Callaghan and Wilson were a bunch of push over wimps.

Maggie on the other hand, was a strong PM who occupied office for 11 years - much more than those three.

The difference is that Heath, Callaghan and Wilson were a bunch of push over wimps.

Maggie on the other hand, was a strong PM who occupied office for 11 years - much more than those three.

Besides, millwall, be fair. The other three combined didn't cripple this country nearly as effectively as good old Thatcher!

That crippling and the current unfashionability of her policies will make sure she doesn't get a state funeral. Some high profile send off for sure. If anyone does want a state funeral I suggest - for the sake of fairness - her coffin is carried by half a dozen former workers at the Orgreave Coke Works and all other funeral workers are former Yorkshire miners and all of the above are officially pardoned ahead of time for any improvisations on the usual funeral practices they might see fit to add to the service.

That crippling and the current unfashionability of her policies will make sure she doesn't get a state funeral. Some high profile send off for sure. If anyone does want a state funeral I suggest - for the sake of fairness - her coffin is carried by half a dozen former workers at the Orgreave Coke Works and all other funeral workers are former Yorkshire miners and all of the above are officially pardoned ahead of time for any improvisations on the usual funeral practices they might see fit to add to the service.

....Like stuffing the coffin down a disused mineshaft.

Or leaving it out in Trafalgar Square and letting the pigeons speak for us all.

I wonder if now that Humphry the cat has died, Thatcher will start to deteriote herself.

But then again I guess it depends on how attached she was to Humphry.

I've known of a few cases where owners and their pets have died within such a short time of each other.

My gran and her cat died within a week. The cat died first, we never told my gran just in case it made her upset

My gran and her cat died within a week. The cat died first, we never told my gran just in case it made her upset

Didn't she notice it was gone?

Didn't she notice it was gone?

Not really, the cat went to live with my uncle when my gran went into an old folks home. The staff allowed us to bring the cat in occassionally to visit her.

Thatcher attends Profumo funeral

She seems to me not on 100% form but tough enough right now.

Re. Humphrey - If anything I think it was Major's cat more than Thatcher's personally.

Seeing that photo of her at Profumo's funeral, I now regret putting her on my deadpool, perhaps I should have held off for another year. Shame there's not a passing mention as to the status of her health

Seeing that photo of her at Profumo's funeral, I now regret putting her on my deadpool, perhaps I should have held off for another year. Shame there's not a passing mention as to the status of her health

Right there with you. I've seen a number of demented old bats circling the drain who look like they're with it, but I may have underestimated the Baroness.

Isn't that an old picture?

No it's just a photo of an old woman :D

Isn't that an old picture?

No it's just a photo of an old woman :banghead:

People really put themselves down these days?

Besides, millwall, be fair. The other three combined didn't cripple this country nearly as effectively as good old Thatcher!

She probably won't get a state funeral.As far as I know war leadership is the crtieria, maybe it is at the Queen's discretion.

She probably won't get a state funeral.As far as I know war leadership is the crtieria, maybe it is at the Queen's discretion.

Well she definitely was a War Prime Minister, and according to her biography she got on with HMTQ better than is generally believed. Could have been bulshitting though.

Stronger than Heath, Callaghan or Wilson for sure, and way more competent, but definitely not better.

Probably not worse either. They were all crap in their way.

Eh Mr. Josco? Eh? Eh?

And it's "criterion". "Criteria" is the plural. Or you could probably say "criterions (sic)" if you are from The Royal Forums (sic).

Eh Mr. Josco? Eh? Eh?

I doubt Josco will understand this italian code your trying to feed him.

I mean i'm half italian and if you are it's a wonderful thing but just in thought of Josco we should be respectful and speak to the mans understanding.

Guest iain

someoine has just posted a message on t he BBC message board to say that Margaret Thatcher has died :)

someoine has just posted a message on t he BBC message board to say that Margaret Thatcher has died :P

Well, I was on the BBC message board in early March & someone posted the death of Barry Chuckle. Suffice to say, it wasn't true. :party: Now, there's someone who should get a state funeral. :)

someoine has just posted a message on t he BBC message board to say that Margaret Thatcher has died :)

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast..... "

Well, I was on the BBC message board in early March & someone posted the death of Barry Chuckle. Suffice to say, it wasn't true. :party: Now, there's someone who should get a state funeral. :P

I'm with you there, although if the brothers of Chuckle could go & 'entertain' the gods together it would be the first work they've ever produced that makes me chuckle. They weren't even funny when I was a kid. :)

ps congrats to Reading is presumably due, according to your avatar change! The first English team to go up this season, although Gretna beat you to the title of first british side to win promotion this season by about 3 minutes, although I doubt you really care.

ps congrats to Reading is presumably due, according to your avatar change! The first English team to go up this season, although Gretna beat you to the title of first british side to win promotion this season by about 3 minutes, although I doubt you really care.

No, not really! :):P

I don't really count the Scottish 2nd Divison as a league anyway. It's comparable in standard & attendance to the Conference. But they have done well in their field & deserve their plaudits.

As for me, I'm just thoroughly enjoying it after 135 (well, 22 for me) years of not much to cheer about!

No, not really! :):P

I don't really count the Scottish 2nd Divison as a league anyway. It's comparable in standard & attendance to the Conference. But they have done well in their field & deserve their plaudits.

As for me, I'm just thoroughly enjoying it after 135 (well, 22 for me) years of not much to cheer about!

May your first Premiership season be a Wigan type one, rather than a Sunderland one! :party: As a Charlton follower, I had all of the rollercoaster 'fun' a few years ago, glad we've settled a bit now.

Anyway, Lady T, who d'you reckon she supports? That's my lame attempt to stay on topic....

Congratualtions to Reading. However, I must say I am heartily fed up of poxy little clubs moving up the leagues simply because they get a rich chairman. In the old days greatness was not bought off the shelf at the football player supermarket. It was home grown and built on the sweat of working men who probably went to school with the players they watched at the weekend. League division one had real teams like Burnley, Preston North End, Huddersfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday and all the supporters wore cloth caps and ate pies. Now football's gone all poncy with noncy southern teams like Wimbledon, Wyckham Wanderers, Rushton and Diamonds and now Reading progressing through the league. These clubs are so poorly supported they have to share around their single supporter - OoO - and borrow his scarf, demand for which is so scarse a single Reading sheep can knit them as its wool grows. I would not want anyone to regard these observations as sour grapes. As a Leeds United supporter I fully expect Elland Road to be entertaining these premiership "temps" next season.

This post has nothing to do with Margaret Thatcher. But then Margaret Thatcher had nothing to with the North of England.

Godot CFY