Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

This post has nothing to do with Margaret Thatcher. But then Margaret Thatcher had nothing to with the North of England.

Even in the Eighties when the political map of the UK was very blue, at least the North, Scotland and Wales had the good sense to vote oherwise.

I wish I could say the same about where I live, politics has a very Blue (-rinse) feel around here. Oh, and the BNP 'bookshop' i.e headquarters was about a mile away from here up until a few years ago, makes you very proud of your local area I can tell you. :)

To stay ON topic - Grantham Town & Blackburn Rovers were the two that she professed to having links with.

Bliar - Newcastle. Wilson - Huddersfield Town. Foot (yeh, I know not a PM) - Plymouth. The rest of the leaders, I don't know.

OFF topic - Wimbledon don't even exist any more so you don't need to worry about them young Godot :):P

They exist as much as Milton Keynes exists, so I suppose that means you're right. Not sure how much those politicians supported their teams. Every politician makes sure they are seen at constituency footie matches while privately having few other interests beyond the House of Commons tea room. There are a few exceptions like Tony Banks, but not many.

They exist as much as Milton Keynes exists, so I suppose that means you're right. Not sure how much those politicians supported their teams. Every politician makes sure they are seen at constituency footie matches while privately having few other interests beyond the House of Commons tea room. There are a few exceptions like Tony Banks, but not many.

That horrible memory of Blair & Brown watching a footy game looking all matey, 'Cool Britannia' at its very worst. :)

I'm getting some abuse from an American...was I out of order ?

Apologies if the link doesn't quite work....

My Webpage

I'm getting some abuse from an American...was I out of order ?

Apologies if the link doesn't quite work....

My Webpage

I wonder how long that chap would last on DL? :unsure:

I sure told them...

Windsor the Troll strikes again - but is awaiting to be shouted down.

thanks Windsor.....

I'm not sure you really "told 'em "....but I feel loads better !

Guest iain
Margaret Thatcher once again attends the funeral of an old friend ,Caspar Weinberger..The only time you see her nowadays shes dressed all in black at a funeral.I think she gets pleasure out of them,like a hobby.She must be ok if shes able to fly to the USA for a funeral.Note what a beautiful woman Caspar Weinbergers widow is..not!(looks like a bloke in a wig to me!)

Margaret Thatcher once again attends the funeral of an old friend ,Caspar Weinberger..The only time you see her nowadays shes dressed all in black at a funeral.I think she gets pleasure out of them,like a hobby.She must be ok if shes able to fly to the USA for a funeral.Note what a beautiful woman Caspar Weinbergers widow is..not!(looks like a bloke in a wig to me!)

Come on, give her (Weinberger's widow) a break, she's as old as dirt. I'll bet in the good ol' days, she could suck a golf ball through a garden hose. :unsure::o:party:

Maggie was on her feet, which is a good sign. If she's healthy enough to travel and attend a public funeral without intense supervision (and possibly no diaper), she must be getting along OK...I still wouldn't mind seeing her drop dead though.

Looking good girl..... :unsure:

She will outlive us all..

Looking good girl..... :unsure:

She will outlive us all..

Interesting use of the word 'good'

Quite right .

I should have said....LOOKING GRREAT :unsure:

she seems quite healthy in that photo. At Profumo's funeral she looked really tired and it seemed that something was bothering her. But seeing her more or less striding away quite confidently makes me want to rethink even putting her on next years list. But dare I make the same mistake I did with Denis and drop her from my list. :lol:

Glad to see the Iron Lady looking so healthy. I was a bit worried after her hospital scare last year and the videos of her from the 30th anniversary of her leading the Tory party celebrations, but she must be fit as a fiddle to get to the USA (though they probably said that of Alec Douglas Home before James Callaghan had to send a plane out so he could come home to die!).

Anyway, long health and happiness to Baroness Thatcher, one of a kind and the greatest PM we've ever had. I mean let's face it...even people who don't particularly like her must prefer her to the guy who lives in number 10 at the minute!

Simon

mr non-spud: witty, erudite, biting - funniest thing i've seen on here for ages. because it's true. forgive me for ever saying you were 'too serious' - i was obviously reading the wrong posts.

although if given a choice between the two, i think i'd take thatcher because she was honest about being the spawn of evil - tony tries to hide it. not much of a distinction, i know, but it's that inch that makes all the difference

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not there, Mr. Pulphack. Been in Germany too long probably.

I do try to be funny sometimes, if in a humble, deadpan sort of a way. It hasn't always gone down well with the Germans in the past. :D

This is one I'm quite proud of, from this very thread as it happens.

(Tempus Fugit didn't like it at all.)

:)

Careful what you wish for TF.

Thatcher's snatch milked by ex-Orgreave coke workers: I'm sure they'd treat her with the respect she so richly deserves.

snatch milked is a gem to treasure - i wasn't being sarky, just apologising for having the wrong impression. you have been amongst the germans too long - i spent a short while dating a string of germans (i know, WHY?), and they all had senses of humour that were at best obtuse, at worst non-existent.

speaking of bad impressions - did mike yarwood's drinking increase from the time he did that AWFUL thatcher impression in his xmas show?

She's not looking too well in this photo

Guest iain
She's not looking too well in this photo

thats just the effects of too much whisky I think.I think shes going to be with us for a few years yet