Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

She's not looking too well in this photo

thats just the effects of too much whisky I think.I think shes going to be with us for a few years yet

Don't be so pessimistic, you never know, some of her next wisky could be dosed with something slightly more effective.

Despite Thatcher's ill health (or perhaps because of

it), and with her Daughter Carol winning I'm a

celebrity, plus two musicals based on Thatcher’s life

(see http://www.maggiethatcher.com for details, ) there is a

proliferation of games and applications featuring The

iron lady.

http://www.maggiethatcher.com/burning.html - The Lady's not

for Burning, after her quote 'The Lady's not for

Turning'

http://www.milksnatcher.com - 'Whack-a-miner' - An ironic

Parody of the Miners’ strike.

http://www.fandmpublications.co.uk/pages/maggiequote.htm

- Random Thatcher quote machine.

http://www.kirun.co.uk/games/funpack/mrstfun.php -

Slap her, give her a disease, shut her mouth etc.

http://www.urban75.com/Punch/thatcher.html - Punch her

in the face.

http://www.maggiethatcher.com/maggiesdead.swf - Milk

Snatcher game

http://www.anagramgenius.com/archive/maggie-thatcher.html

- Thatcher anagrams

http://www2.b3ta.com/jada/ - A surreal animation

featuring Thatcher, Bunnies and sheep

Thought you might be interested.

Thatcher games

burning.jpg

Guest tomtom

hope she pops her clogs this year. :(

Guest tomtom

post-1286-1146857834.gif

Careful what you wish for TF.

Thatcher's snatch milked by ex-Orgreave coke workers: I'm sure they'd treat her with the respect she so richly deserves.

i did my underground training at orgreave before going to Treeton pit. Yorkshire will be a happy place when she dies. :(:P:P:):) she's the scum of the earth!.

well I'm sorry but I'm a Maggie Child and if she haddent brought in pole tax then we would all be better off.

Since Labour have been in thers no industry in this country at all. If you dont pay you phone bill then a Indian calls you to find out why???It s just a taxation counrty now

But its what the country needed. Come on look how it is now. we have NO industry at all Labour waited for the torys to do there work.

So you will be devastated when the bag croaks it fleety? Can I suggest you take a copious amount of tablets and alcohol...

In fact why wait, sounds like your life is awful, being unable to pay your phone bill and the education system has obviously failed you too.

Do we know if Maggie has a liking for gin? We all know Dennis was a complete dispo, is it too much to hope that Maggie may hasten her demise in a similar manner. It would certainly explain her 'sleepy moments'.

Also, I wonder if Mark Thatcher may be a 50-1 DL outsider, plotting coups and associating with mercenaries can't be good for ones' health or that of ones' mother.

I was disappointed to find the following quote though, as it seems that Maggie is far too astute to make us DL people happy..

" To wear your heart on your sleeve isn't a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best."

Margaret Thatcher, interview with Barbara Walters on ABC-TV, March 18, 1987 British politician (1925 - )

She never has been a team player, has she?

well I'm sorry but I'm a Maggie Child and if she haddent brought in pole tax then we would all be better off.

Since Labour have been in thers no industry in this country at all. If you dont pay you phone bill then a Indian calls you to find out why???It s just a taxation counrty now

Perhaps companies use Indians because they have a better grasp of English than some of those educated in the Thatcher years.

The decline in manufacturing industruy has nothing to do with Labour and everything to do with globalisation and sourcing in cheaper labour markets. In the long run this is a good thing, creating new markets for western goods in developing countries. There is no ethical or economic merit in keeping the developed world poor.

Manufacturing may have declined less quickly had it not been for Thatcherism but it would have still declined. Thatchersim succeeded in getting rid of many restrictive labour practices which may be perceived to be a good thing. But strong labour laws did not stop the Germans thriving and the more liberal social models pursued in Scandinavia did no harm to those countries.

Anyway now in the UK we have a mini US with large scale social inequality, a big prison population, lager louts, Chavs and lots of people who think the world owes them a living, watching hard working Eastern Europeans doing work that they can't be bothered to do. And, guess what? It's still a great place to live. It's just that we live in a society that is never happier than when it's moaning. I like it here. I think government of all kinds is a tough and thankless job and I'm just glad there are still people out there prepared to have a go.

I'm no Thatcherite but I'm willing to accept she changed this country when its economy was struggling and Blair continued many of her policies. Many of the taxes we pay are ploughed in to a health service that is so sucessful it makes our job at Deathlist here more and more difficult. People are living longer today on expensive medicines and procedures that weren't available to my parents. That's the path we have chosen. Somebody has to pay.

Guest tomtom

Im starting to agree with some of the things you say godot ( chavs-lager louts etc) i think i'd better have a lie down- your mate toke. <_<

Guest iain
Im starting to agree with some of the things you say godot ( chavs-lager louts etc) i think i'd better have a lie down- your mate toke. <_<

Im told that Maggie Thatcher is in excellent health and is likely to live at least 5 to 10 more years.Let us rejoice at that news-NOT

Godot wrote:

Perhaps companies use Indians because they have a better grasp of English than some of those educated in the Thatcher years.

The Indians who man the phones for LloydsTSB certainly haven't, which is why I now have Internet banking. <_<

Perhaps there is a method in their madness.

Im told that Maggie Thatcher is in excellent health and is likely to live at least 5 to 10 more years.Let us rejoice at that news-NOT

Iain,

You were also told that Michael Foot was going to die earlier in the month.

reverse psychology perhaps?

Godot wrote:

The Indians who man the phones for LloydsTSB certainly haven't, which is why I now have Internet banking. <_<

I had someone called Rommel when I phoned up to get the pin number for my credit card. He definitely wasn't Indian. I couldn't understand a word he said and he forgot to send the pin number out so that when I got to the UK I couldn't use my credit card. Grrrr. :blink:

Likewise, but for HSBC. All perfectly amiable, but they ask you to spell EVERYTHING! :angry: Even London ! :o

I had someone called Rommel...

Thought he was on the 1944 DL <_<

So they have ditched India and now favour call centres in Paraguay? Quite apt given Maggie's penchant for dubious South American dictators. How is the old girl anyway?

I'm sorry but you really have no excuse for your poor spelling then

The Indians who man the phones for LloydsTSB certainly haven't, which is why I now have Internet banking. :D

Likewise, but for HSBC. All perfectly amiable, but they ask you to spell EVERYTHING! :lol: Even London ! :D

There are lots of reasons for that though not just being unable to spell. I work in offshore phone banking and believe me everything HAS to be confirmed back with the customer even words like Street etc as we have to cover ourselves and you get into trouble if you don't check spellings. Having said that I've seen some very odd spellings from my English speaking colleagues including the misspelling of box

Secondly with bad telephone lines, noisy call centres and different accents it can be easy to mistake words so again you have to check

It's bloody stupid I know but don't blame the poor call centre workers

The Indians who man the phones for LloydsTSB certainly haven't, which is why I now have Internet banking. :D

Likewise, but for HSBC. All perfectly amiable, but they ask you to spell EVERYTHING! :lol: Even London ! :o

There are lots of reasons for that though not just being unable to spell. I work in offshore phone banking and believe me everything HAS to be confirmed back with the customer even words like Street etc as we have to cover ourselves and you get into trouble if you don't check spellings. Having said that I've seen some very odd spellings from my English speaking colleagues including the misspelling of box

Secondly with bad telephone lines, noisy call centres and different accents it can be easy to mistake words so again you have to check

It's bloody stupid I know but don't blame the poor call centre workers

When I very first moved to England (i.e. for the first six months) I had a job where I had to post direct debit slips into various banks. On several occassions I had to contact the banks in order to get their correct postal address. This was in the days before call centres moved abroad.

I don't think you guys appreciate just how different and difficult to understand some of the regional british accents can be. I used to dread having to make those phone calls, because I knew I wouldn't be able to understand a bloody word being spoken to me. It made me feel terrible and embarrassed. :D

I don't think you guys appreciate just how different and difficult to understand some of the regional british accents can be. I used to dread having to make those phone calls, because I knew I wouldn't be able to understand a bloody word being spoken to me. It made me feel terrible and embarrassed. :D

There's always worse: ruin sorbees.

BTW: that site has another story, which I suppose belongs in the "Interesting ways to die" topic.

regards,

Hein

BTW: that site has another story, which I suppose belongs in the "Interesting ways to die" topic.

regards,

Hein

My word, karma can work very fast these days... that might be the weirdest death I've ever heard of, which for a member of this site is a bold claim.

As Dr. Spock (the Star Trek one) might have said, 'It's suicide, but not as we know it.' :D

[bTW: that site has another story, which I suppose belongs in the "Interesting ways to die" topic.

regards,

Hein

The story would be better if it were true. It is a hypothetical case made up by Don Harper Mills for the occasion of his speech.

Unsurprisingly, it has found its way into urban mythology.

The story would be better if it were true. It is a hypothetical case made up by Don Harper Mills for the occasion of his speech.

That doesn't surprise me a bit. I just couldn't be arsed to check.

regards,

Hein

That doesn't surprise me a bit. I just couldn't be arsed to check.

regards,

Hein

You'd think I'd learn to be a little more cynical by now; the whole event of wishing it to be true meant that for once (only the once I'd like to think), it didn't even occur to me to doubt the truth of it. :lol:

Or maybe I'll blame MH for having a scent of trustworthiness about him, which completely masked the odour of 'can't be arsed' on this occasion. :D

Guest iain

ive just seen tv footage of Lady Thatcher attending a dinner in her honour tonight-I dont want to get any of you over excited but I have to say she was noticeably frail and walking very slowly,looking very old and not too well.Its too early to predict her imminent death of course,but my interes in her 2006 entry on deathlist has been rekindled,lets put it that way...

ive just seen tv footage of Lady Thatcher attending a dinner in her honour tonight-I dont want to get any of you over excited but I have to say she was noticeably frail and walking very slowly,looking very old and not too well.Its too early to predict her imminent death of course,but my interes in her 2006 entry on deathlist has been rekindled,lets put it that way...

Well, I was watching that Parliament channel from sky and she was at a debate in the House of Lords.

Admittedly she didn't say much but she can't be that close to death if she's still attending at the House of Lords.