Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

let's not forget one of the latest styles for men in this modern year is wearing tights.

Only when robbing banks, surely.

Now that I think of it: it's also not quite clear what exactly constitutes failure or success in this respect. The utter ruin of Germany in 1945 proved to be the start of a magnificent recovery. From a 2007 perspective there are arguments for the statement that WWII was actually won by Germany and Japan.

Nah, the Americans won....where do you think the Germans got the money from to build their economic miracle?

Now that I think of it: it's also not quite clear what exactly constitutes failure or success in this respect. The utter ruin of Germany in 1945 proved to be the start of a magnificent recovery. From a 2007 perspective there are arguments for the statement that WWII was actually won by Germany and Japan.

Nah, the Americans won....where do you think the Germans got the money from to build their economic miracle?

Funny that, though, isn't it? The Germans are given Marshall Aid plus advice from the new British Labour government about how to organise their workforces, while Britain is saddled with crippling debts to the US from the lendlease programme. Still if it meant swapping Swastikas for beach towels I guess it was worth it. As for the Brits, who wants to drive a BMW when you can have a Triumph Herald?

Only when robbing banks, surely.

Taking it out of joke context, with the way our world is turning lately my advice in a few years is possibly tune in and drop out of life. It might be either that or suicide.

shes just done a short rare interview with ITN news-she looks frail and her speech is slurred but no sign of imminent death!her exces of make-up to try and hide the signs of old age are making her look increasingly like Barbara Cartland though.Shes a sad sight really

shes just done a short rare interview with ITN news-she looks frail and her speech is slurred but no sign of imminent death!

Slurred speach is quite a normal result after a stroke, it's often the first diagnostic. In my dad it was, although the same happened after a few drinks, i.e. every day. He had his first stroke at 50 and lived another ten years.

Shes a sad sight really

Good.

regards,

Hein

shes just done a short rare interview with ITN news-she looks frail and her speech is slurred but no sign of imminent death!her exces of make-up to try and hide the signs of old age are making her look increasingly like Barbara Cartland though.Shes a sad sight really

Ah! English!

The language of Shakespeare, Milton and the Bible.

She looked as if she'd had bad plastic surgery ... or been replaced by her waxwork from Madame Tussaud's.

Ah! English!

Sorry,I don't understand what you mean.Please explain.

Ah! English!

and dave!apparently

Ah! English!

Sorry,I don't understand what you mean.Please explain.

No stop muckin' about ! And explain yourself Notapotato.

Razor Boy

Ah! English!

No stop muckin' about ! And explain yourself Notapotato.

Razor Boy

Since you ask so politely, I shall.

I was just being a bit sarky about the lack of capital letters, spaces between sentences and punctuation in that post.

You'll come across that sort of thing a lot here, if you post any more that way.

And welcome to the forum Razor Boy.

You can leave your razor with the chap who minds the door.

best regards,

Notapotato.

Very interesting. But who does mind the door?

Some chap with a collection of razors, who won't let you back when you've been kicked out.

Sounds a bit like the UK electorate (...just to stay on topic.)

Some chap with a collection of razors, who won't let you back when you've been kicked out.

Sounds a bit like the UK electorate (...just to stay on topic.)

anybody fancy a game of cards?

Margaret Thatcher is the first living PM to have a statue of herself to be erected in the House of Commons.

"It was agreed by myself that these statues of previous prime ministers, we shouldn't have to wait until 10 years after their demise."

So what they are really saying is, "Hoy, Thatcher! You shoud've died 10 years ago you useless cow".

I wonder why it had to be inside the House of Commons...

Because son's of miners like me might take offense to it and then we might be forced to carry out a bit of re-engineering.

Brother Razor

Because son's of miners like me might take offense to it and then we might be forced to carry out a bit of re-engineering.

Brother Razor

Err...that was a Rhetorical question. I feel it answered itself with the link...

Margaret Thatcher is the first living PM to have a statue of herself to be erected in the House of Commons.

However, at the unveiling ceremony, Mr Martin told Baroness Thatcher: "I came into the House the same day that you became prime minister.

"I watched from afar. You were formidable in responding to attack.

"Never personal. Always respecting the traditions of the House, and protecting those traditions."

I feel really sick.

"It was agreed by myself that these statues of previous prime ministers, we shouldn't have to wait until 10 years after their demise."

I can't find that quote on the linked page Windsor what I did find was...

The decision to have this statue erected is in conflict with a long tradition of the House and while most members will agree this tradition should be disregarded in this instance, I'd like to know why it was not taken by the House and it taken in an almost semi-secretive way..."

So are you actually Stalin?

Thatcher Opens Falklands Display

*Warning*

Contains close up picture of HRH - and is only for the strong-hearted. She is not aging well.

Oh, I don't know, she still does it for me.

Would I be unduly disappointing anyone too much if I was to make a gag about the pearl necklace she's sporting in that picture? Or is the pearl necklace due to her resulting gag?

I'm sorry. I just can't stop myself sometimes.

Cheers,

BHB

I just can't stop myself sometimes.

So, you're not Catholic then?

I just can't stop myself sometimes.

So, you're not Catholic then?

What was it that gave me away?

Cheers,

BHB