Tempus Fugit

Members' User Names

My name comes from a song adapted from the epic poem Beowulf, the 'Lady' part is merely added to show I am female and was thought up by a female friend of mine, I was quite happy to just use Grendel, if there was a way to change my name and keep my post tally (insignificant though it is) I would be quite happy to change.

I'm most certainly acting like a noob now when I post questions not addressed to the thread topic, but I'm to curious to care :D

Weatherman90, is very fond of magic logs, how about you?

What exactly do you mean? If you by any chance are refering to RuneScape I must disappoint you by saying that I haven't played it. Lately, FinalFantasy has occupied most of my time. As well as Shining Force 2 on the Sega platform...

My name and avatar are taken from an advertising campaign which was banned in 2003. Good ol' ASA!

I used to own a Holden (General Motors Australia) Commodore which had SV5000 along the side panels, for it was indeed a special vehicle and verily had an engine of five litres. I left it parked outside a friend's house to find the next morning some clown had written "GUNJAMAN" across the doors, ending right where the 5000 started, which I'm sure was meant to be "GANGAMAN". After getting over the cost of a respray and being stopped twice a day by the local constabulary, I found a funny(ish) side and insisted I be called by the name 'sent by God'.

It didn't catch on.

Beats Rodney though. :D

• Like 1

I chose mine because it's what I get called at work - Jane (my name) with "o" added. Can't remember why.....

A combination of my given name and my family name, now newly capitalised! Rather dull actually.

I chose mine because it's what I get called at work - Jane (my name) with "o" added. Can't remember why.....

Ah I see. I've always thought of it as Jan-e-o as in Borneo...except swapping the Bor bit for Jan obviously.

Because he isn't. When he is I suppose I'll have to change it.

May I suggest ... "Jimmy's NOT Young?"

Because he isn't. When he is I suppose I'll have to change it.

May I suggest ... "Jimmy's NOT Young?"

I quite fancy : Max IS Schmeling

How about

Michael ONE Foot IN THE GRAVE

You need to remember all these when the people to eventually peg-out. These are exactly the kind of material required for the headline on the home page.

Rosa Parks - Does She?

With thanks to Eric Morcambe.

DWB :D

On that subject Mr Beatle, Simon Wiesenthal was a Nazi-hunter not a Nazi hunter

What is the difference? :D

One is a person who hunts Nazis, the other is a Nazi who hunts.

One is a person who hunts Nazis, the other is a Nazi who hunts.

Quite correct, Janeo. I admire your pedantry!

Quite correct, Janeo. I admire your pedantry!

My role model is Which Tyler - the man who led the Pedants' Revolt

... by the way, my name is based on the (incorrectly remembered) name of a rock group in the "Comic Strip" series. Top marks if anyone works it out from that!!!

... by the way, my name is based on the (incorrectly remembered) name of a rock group in the "Comic Strip" series. Top marks if anyone works it out from that!!!

I can only think of "Space Virgins from the Planet Sex" ... but they're not a rock band. Wasn't there a rock band called "Bad News"?

How about the episode when the devil sells a song to a band in exchange for a good recipe. Is that the one?

DWB :D

StarCrossed. I'd tried to create a login with a space between the two words, i.e. Star Crossed, but it didn't work so I tried again without the space, and I'm stuck with it as is.

The name came to me in a daydream. I'd been reading the DL as a guest for a while, but never really thought of a decent user name. Then, while I was thinking about something entirely different, the name just came to me. "Star", as in famous person, "Crossed", as in they're dead now, so they've got a cross on their grave/coffin (or, alternatively, when they die they are "crossed off" the deathlist). Also, Starcrossed, as in ill-fated. I then went to find an avatar based on the name.

I couldn't find a decent avatar, so ended up with the rather bland one I now use.

My avatar disappoints me every time I see it. I'm jealous of Tempus Fugit's classic stormy Big Ben look, or my personal favourite, Anubis' (Carlos the) Jackal photo, which I though was a stroke of evil genius. One day, maybe, just maybe, I'll find an avatar that better suits my name.

The only thing I really DON'T like about my username is the Christian symbolism. It would seem to suggest that I believe that all dead people end up with a cross on their grave or whatever. These are certainly NOT my beliefs; I wish I'd cleared this up sooner, or just thought of a better username. I don't believe in any form of deity (no, not even you, Anubis). It dismays me that my fellow DLers may have a tainted view of me, albeit on a subconscious level, based on the christo-cruxiate element of my username and avatar. The more I think about that, the more it bothers me. Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it. Maybe it's just a kick-ass DL name that could benefit from a space in the middle?

I couldn't find a decent avatar, so ended up with the rather bland one I now use.

My avatar disappoints me every time I see it. I'm jealous of Tempus Fugit's classic stormy Big Ben look, or my personal favourite, Anubis' (Carlos the) Jackal photo, which I though was a stroke of evil genius. One day, maybe, just maybe, I'll find an avatar that better suits my name.

You may disagree StarCrossed, but I thought this picture from a previous thread was rather stylish. Would it work as an avatar do you think?