Tempus Fugit

Members' User Names

StarCrossed. I'd tried to create a login with a space between the two words, i.e. Star Crossed, but it didn't work so I tried again without the space, and I'm stuck with it as is.

Do you want me to try and fix this problem?

I have had success in turning josco into a Josco!

DWB :)

On that subject Mr Beatle, Simon Wiesenthal was a Nazi-hunter not a Nazi hunter

:):lol::lol:

This one is out of my hands I'm afraid. The front page stuff comes live and direct from the Reaper himself, hence, sometimes, the lag between a death and a front page update. If the Reaper is busy the page stays the same!

I suppose what I am trying to say is: It's somebody else's problem!

DWB ;)

I couldn't find a decent avatar, so ended up with the rather bland one I now use.

My avatar disappoints me every time I see it. I'm jealous of Tempus Fugit's classic stormy Big Ben look, or my personal favourite, Anubis' (Carlos the) Jackal photo, which I though was a stroke of evil genius. One day, maybe, just maybe, I'll find an avatar that better suits my name.

You may disagree StarCrossed, but I thought this picture from a previous thread was rather stylish. Would it work as an avatar do you think?

Thanks for the idea, my tricephalic canine friend. It would certainly save me opening up Photoshop and making my own :)

It's a shame it's not more death-oriented, though. The only thing I like about my current avatar is that it's vaguely on-topic. I tried to find a decent logo for one of those Hollywood "graveyard to the stars"-type places, that would be just about perfect, but so far haven't found a decent one.

As Roy Walker used to say, "Keep pressing and guessing..." :lol:

Do you want me to try and fix this problem?

I see the deed has been done.

regards,

Hein

... by the way, my name is based on the (incorrectly remembered) name of a rock group in the "Comic Strip" series.  Top marks if anyone works it out from that!!!

I can only think of "Space Virgins from the Planet Sex" ... but they're not a rock band. Wasn't there a rock band called "Bad News"?

I was not able to find anything either. The only thing that I could find was a water treatement system called Vegetated Submerged Beds (VSB).

... by the way, my name is based on the (incorrectly remembered) name of a rock group in the "Comic Strip" series.  Top marks if anyone works it out from that!!!

I always assumed it was, 'Very Small Boy from Hell'.

I always assumed it was, 'Very Small Boy from Hell'.

Me too! :)

I couldn't find a decent avatar, so ended up with the rather bland one I now use.

My avatar disappoints me every time I see it. I'm jealous of Tempus Fugit's classic stormy Big Ben look, or my personal favourite, Anubis' (Carlos the) Jackal photo, which I though was a stroke of evil genius. One day, maybe, just maybe, I'll find an avatar that better suits my name.

You may disagree StarCrossed, but I thought this picture from a previous thread was rather stylish. Would it work as an avatar do you think?

Thanks for the idea, my tricephalic canine friend. It would certainly save me opening up Photoshop and making my own :)

It's a shame it's not more death-oriented, though......

Swords are death related if you think about it for a bit.

site1sm.gif

And two swords do remind us of potential DL candidate Michael Jackson who popped into Madame Two-swords the other day for some spare parts.

I always thought "fromH" stood for "From Hull". Dunno why.

Hull, Hell, what's the difference?

regards,

Hein

Hull, Hell, what's the difference?

I hope you're never trusted with any map reading,

god knows where you'd end up.

Oh, I don't know. I've managed to find both.

mhinhell2xw.jpg

regards,

Hein

On consideration, I realise it's because VSB's avatar and his previous one both remind me of rugby players.

The present one is the bad-guy pirate from Cap'n Pugwash isn't it?

I chose mine because i sometimes like to say arse biscuits.

Welcome to DL, Arsebiscuits. Great avatar.

Great first post, too. Way to blow your DL virginity with that peach :)

I would like to draw everyone's attention to the rather marvellous folk ditty "The Dalesman's Litany" for the earliest known confusion between Hell and Hull.

Strange, I thought some biscuits were often derived from cereals..........

I believe the type of biscuits being described here are the product of traditonal vegan upbringing.

I had an uncle and aunt that lived in Manchester, UK when I was a child and spent many summers there. When I was 6, they took me to my very first Manchester United game and I have been a lifelong football fan ever since then.

I had an uncle and aunt that lived in Manchester, UK when I was a child and spent many summers there. When I was 6, they took me to my very first Manchester United game and I have been a lifelong football fan ever since then.

You have my sympathy on so many levels :)

Just like a true Man Ure fan - living anywhere but Manchester then!

DWB :)

Guest UderLord

I wanted to be UberLord but my dyslexia kicked in with a classic reversal "B" to "D" :)

Oh well only been using PCs for twenty years, I'll soon get the hang of spel chekerz.