Tempus Fugit

Members' User Names

I chose my name for two reasons.

Firstly, because it's the title of a great Rolling Stones song.

Secondly, because I truly do believe the devil deserves some sympathy; after all, he is destined to spend eternity in the company of such prominent DLers as Pinochet, Waldheim, Castro and Reagan. I pity the guy, I really do. :ph34r:

and you would know this how and why exactly?

Secondly, because I truly do believe the devil deserves some sympathy; after all, he is destined to spend eternity in the company of such prominent DLers as Pinochet, Waldheim, Castro and Reagan. I pity the guy, I really do. :referee:

Ronnie Reagan won't be in hell,

What did the guy do that was so bad.

Sure he made mostly crappy movies and went along with the McCarthy witch hunts,

but his presidency was pretty successful,he defeated "The Evil Empire" and was a beacon of intelligence compared to chimp faced "Dubya".

Secondly, because I truly do believe the devil deserves some sympathy; after all, he is destined to spend eternity in the company of such prominent DLers as Pinochet, Waldheim, Castro and Reagan. I pity the guy, I really do.  :referee:

Ronnie Reagan won't be in hell,

What did the guy do that was so bad.

Sure he made mostly crappy movies and went along with the McCarthy witch hunts,

but his presidency was pretty successful,he defeated "The Evil Empire" and was a beacon of intelligence compared to chimp faced "Dubya".

An amoeba is a beacon of intelligence compared to Dubya.

...but his presidency was pretty successful,he defeated "The Evil Empire" and was a beacon of intelligence compared to chimp faced "Dubya".

I've gotta' confess, albeit that I'm not really a major fan of the 'funny old man', he was by far a more charismatic 'leader' than the current president from the foreign point of view.

But then, if you want a real comparrison, compare Reagan to his U.K. counter-part, Maggie Thatcher.

Heck, even Dubya pales, and possibly cowers, before those gun metal grey eyes!

I wonder when the dear old Dame is going to pop her clogs on and skip off? Think she'll make it through 2006? I'd be royally surprised if she made it to 2012.

I like to combine a description of my circumstances with a hint at a way the DL statistics may be improved :blink:

I like to combine a description of my circumstances with a hint at a way the DL statistics may be improved :o

Welcome to the forum, Youth In Asia.

By the way, do you have a team called the Youth In Asia Hotline in the 2005 ddp?

Regards,

ff :P

By the way, do you have a team called the Youth In Asia Hotline in the 2005 ddp?

No, and I'm a bit pissed off that someone else thought of the same name. I'll have to go away and think of a better one. :o

quite a funny story actually

i was drinking a cup of tea...

that wasnt funny at all, apologies for the anticlimax there.

quite a funny story actually

i was drinking a cup of tea...

that wasnt funny at all, apologies for the anticlimax there.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn.

Guest Toke Deltorso

I picked mine because its my real name, honest!!. :angry::P;);):P;)

I picked mine because its my real name, honest!!. :old:  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)

Sounds more like a descriptive anagram to me. What say you, Stroke De Tool? :sicktherm:

I got mine from my Mensa results letter.

cos my names brooks B)

When I was about 17 (32 yrs ago), a friend of mine whom I worked with called me "Weasel" saying I tried to "weasel" my way out of work. I seemed to never be around when the boss came in and gave the daily assignments, and honestly, I wasn't avoiding him. That was just a coincidence..........really, I am not kidding! So everyone started calling me "The Weasel" after that!

When I was about 17 (32 yrs ago), a friend of mine whom I worked with called me "Weasel" saying I tried to "weasel" my way out of work. I seemed to never be around when the boss came in and gave the daily assignments, and honestly, I wasn't avoiding him. That was just a coincidence..........really, I am not kidding! So everyone started calling me "The Weasel" after that!

My last name is a transliterated Ukrainian word for weasel :P

Because my first DDP entry contained loads of Octogenarians. Trying to think of other Octo words I failed miserably & could only think of Octopus. I added Odstock as 1) It starts with O

2) I was born there

3) Odstock needs the publicity. :D

I would very much like to change my name but I can't be arsed. Decided I might as well stick with it for this forum as well rather than be clever.

Thing is I have lots of :D Nonagenarians & Centerians (sp.) in the DDP 2006 entry, so maybe I think about a change in 2007.... :P

Because my first DDP entry contained loads of Octogenarians. Trying to think of other Octo words I failed miserably & could only think of Octopus. I added Odstock as 1) It starts with O

2) I was born there

3) Odstock needs the publicity. :D

I would very much like to change my name but I can't be arsed. Decided I might as well stick with it for this forum as well rather than be clever.

Thing is I have lots of :D Nonagenarians & Centerians (sp.) in the DDP 2006 entry, so maybe I think about a change in 2007.... :P

I think my DDP entry will be fairly similar to yours, as I've chosen lots of nona's and cent's.

2) I was born there

3) Odstock needs the publicity. :lol:

Thing is I have lots of :lol: Nonagenarians & Centerians (sp.) in the DDP 2006 entry, so maybe I think about a change in 2007.... :)

Hmm... I was actually very interested in your picks, because I saw that you were the only person to pick Van Johnson, among other ancients in the film industry.

Even before I saw your entry I was toying with the possibility of adding him to my 2006 DDP... decided against it for various reasons, but welcome anyhow.

I'm taking ol' VJ out for next year. The reason I chose him is as he was a major star, you don't hear anything about him any more (always a major sign - hence my choosing of Ron Greenwood, the football manager in 2004), but when researching a little further, he doesn't appear to be particulary frail or ill. He's on my list of possibles for 2007, but not next year.

I try to go with people obviously famous enough at the time, but somehow not so famous now that people will automatically pick them. Having Halliwell's Whos Who really helps with famous but forgotten actors & actresses - Simone Simon being trumps this year.

corny really, when first started using internet 6 years ago now, decided to use shogun as guess wot vehicle i drive!!!!!

have somewot converted rthis with avatars to represent japaneze warrior-shogun now!! quite happy with this

corny really, when first started using internet 6 years ago now, decided to use shogun as guess wot vehicle i drive!!!!!

have somewot converted rthis with avatars to represent japaneze warrior-shogun now!! quite happy with this

Fortunately you will find there is scope to change. I'd be tempted to use it.