Tempus Fugit

Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Mudslides

Apparently, it's all the Gays' fault.
“Normally I wouldn’t give them a second thought, but I am concerned for Christians who take this seriously. I wonder if they’ve grasped the basic message of our faith.”

I'd go for apparaently not then.

Perhaps the members of Repent America can be added to the "people not likely to die but that we wish would" thread, which was started several weeks ago.

Perhaps the members of Repent America can be added to the "people not likely to die but that we wish would" thread, which was started several weeks ago.

Can I have a link to this thread? ;)

Can I have a link to this thread? ;)

Et voila!

There have been unconfirmed intelligence reports of Al Qaeda-trained butterflies flapping their wings on the Iran-Afghanistan border.

Mes excuses. Merci beaucoup Mademoiselle ;)

No problem. I'm in touch with my masculine side.

Are Clinton and Bush Sr being roped into the the relief effort simply because they were more popular presidents and the US gov't is using them to try and make Jr look, well, not as bad as he actually does look, to avoid the mutiny of the people?

I think Bush Jr could do with being added to the above-mentioned list. Honestly, if I were American I'd be so ashamed of my government right now. Of course, I'm heading over to the States next month so should probably be quite careful what I say on the Internet; I may get taken aside for "questioning" at customs and end up in Guantanamo.

Apparently, it's all the Gays' fault.

If God was so smart, why didn't he arrange the hurricane duing the event, rather than before ??

Of course, I'm heading over to the States next month so should probably be quite careful what I say on the Internet; I may get taken aside for "questioning" at customs and end up in Guantanamo.

You'll have to remove your shoes. You will have all your baggage searched and you will be asked all kinds of questions about your political and religious ambitions.

You will be fingerprinted. You will have your retinas scanned. But don't fear.

The nearest gunshop is usually less than a 5 minute walk from the airport. ;)

yeahright2cj.th.png

Death toll - Asian Tsunami ~250 000

Hurricane Katrina ~ 5 000

Hmmm.

I think Bush Jr could do with being added to the above-mentioned list. Honestly, if I were American I'd be so ashamed of my government right now. Of course, I'm heading over to the States next month so should probably be quite careful what I say on the Internet; I may get taken aside for "questioning" at customs and end up in Guantanamo.

Bush's cluelessness is truly breath-taking. Almost every decision he's made since invading Iraq has been baffling. The comic strip Doonesbury made a very good point this week - why didn't he just meet with Cindy Sheehan, the mother of the US soldier killed in Iraq who has been protesting outside his ranch? Even if he didn't care what she was saying, you'd have thought just to end the issue Bush would agree to see her. He then decides to fly over New Orleans in Air Force One to "have a look", before heading up to Washington, where he doesn't immediately order massive logistical support for an evacuation. But he did urge all Americans to pray, which I'm sure will be of assistance to the homeless and dying in NO. I believe Cheney and Rumsfeld are now the only two people on earth who don't think the Guantanamo prison camp should be closed, and W loyally/blindly lets them get their way. He sticks his nose into the Iraq constitution debate just enough to force negotiations to end before a compromise could be reached.

A chimp, scratching the dirt with a stick, would through sheer dumb luck be a more effective decision-maker.

yeahright2cj.th.png

Death toll - Asian Tsunami ~250 000

Hurricane Katrina ~ 5 000

Hmmm.

Also, the victims of the Asian Tsunami had no warning..

Bush's cluelessness is truly breath-taking. Almost every decision he's made since invading Iraq has been baffling. The comic strip Doonesbury made a very good point this week - why didn't he just meet with Cindy Sheehan, the mother of the US soldier killed in Iraq who has been protesting outside his ranch? Even if he didn't care what she was saying, you'd have thought just to end the issue Bush would agree to see her. He then decides to fly over New Orleans in Air Force One to "have a look", before heading up to Washington, where he doesn't immediately order massive logistical support for an evacuation. But he did urge all Americans to pray, which I'm sure will be of assistance to the homeless and dying in NO. I believe Cheney and Rumsfeld are now the only two people on earth who don't think the Guantanamo prison camp should be closed, and W loyally/blindly lets them get their way. He sticks his nose into the Iraq constitution debate just enough to force negotiations to end before a compromise could be reached.

A chimp, scratching the dirt with a stick, would through sheer dumb luck be a more effective decision-maker.

I couldn't agree more. When I heard him declare a few days ago that there was to be a "zero-tolerance" policy on looting, I felt like ripping my hair out in anguish. If all he can do is re-iterate one worn-out and meaningless catchphrase after another, there is something seriously wrong with the state of politics in the US.

I'm still catching up with the backlog, so not sure if this link has been posted.

Also worth a listen is this understandably rather annoyed Mayor of New Orleans.

Why isn't Bliar saying anything about it? Is he too S**t scared to even suggest that the US Govts handling of this disaster was complete bollocks?

If some leaders build their political legacy with wars, I think we are going see Dubya destroy himself with his performance in dealing with Kat's aftermath.

The snippets on Sky News this evening seem to show a guy totally out of his depth (no pun intended) - seems to me he's totally lost if he hasn't got an enemy on which to focus some aggression. Desperately bragging to the world that hes already secured $10bn of aid is just darn right embarrassing :(

Well, I'm still flabbergasted at the news coming out of New Orleans.

Can't the governmental officials see that all these low lying homes are already basically total write-offs.

The 1920's idea to drain a swamp between a river and a lake - behind levees built to only withstand category 3 storms and then build houses well below the gulf coast waters was folly indeed.

Oh and if they think big sand bags will help, it will take weeks to complete the task and many months to drain the area. Irreversible water damage happens in minutes! When they have removed all the stilt and damaged homes they will be left with an 10 billion dollar hole that is sure to flood again someday in future. Who in there right mind will want to live in this area? With global warming it's all the more likely the areas will be hit by even more aggressive category 6 or 7 storms next time!

Get real you US types.

ITS MORE OR LESS A TOTAL LOSS.

Rope off all the land below sea level (remember global sea levels are still set to rise further because of greenhouse gas effects) Stop these people going in and out of the water. Totally evacuate the flooded area. Save who you can. Pull out the dead. Give them the dignified send off they deserve. Deal with oil slick problems from cars and gas stations. Dig up many sections of these man made banks so water does not stagnate. Should some of the tall buildings be safe and serviceable and still required standing in water then leave them and build new walkways to them above sea level. Venice, Italy cope with being a water logged low lying city, why not New Orleans?

LET THE REST OF IT ROT.

In time it will silt up even more and become a fun jet boat ride area or wonderful nature reserve especially with all those old rotting wood houses.