Sign in to follow this  
The Yeti

Chris Rea, Die-arrhea

Is Chris Rea getting better ?

Since his illness a couple of years back <second paragraph>, he's not getting fitter ...

Relapse

My brother, a fan, reckons that CR is talking as though he ain't got too long.

And he's just started his 'Final Tour'.

• Like 1

I have a video at home of Status Quo's "farewell tour" in 1984. 21 years on, none of them are dead yet.

(I am having a bitch of a day at work so this is today's first post)

I have a video at home of Status Quo's "farewell tour" in 1984.  21 years on, none of them are dead yet.

(I am having a bitch of a day at work so this is today's first post)

Oh dear, work getting in the way of Deathlist?

Those pesky employers and their ridiculous expectations that you should actually WORK whilst they're paying you. Whatever next?

I, on the other hand, am happily working hard... :blink:

Those pesky employers and their ridiculous expectations that you should actually WORK whilst they're paying you.  Whatever next?

I, on the other hand, am happily working hard...

I am coming under increasing pressure from my management at work not to spend so much time on Death List and other non work related sites.

I'm going to speak to my union about this blatant harassment and intimidation.

:blink:

Oh dear, work getting in the way of Deathlist?

Those pesky employers and their ridiculous expectations that you should actually WORK whilst they're paying you. Whatever next?

I, on the other hand, am happily working hard... :blink:

Yes, the bastards. It's completely unreasonable for them to expect me to work in return for a salary.

Perhaps they expect you to work for no salary?

DWB :blink:

By the time they've deducted tax etc that's almost true.

I am coming under increasing pressure from my management at work not to spend so much time on Death List and other non work related sites.

I'm going to speak to my union about this blatant harassment and intimidation.

You're lucky! There is a firewall block on my Computer at work, so can't access the website at all...

So anyway, Chris Rea.

He's ill, it's manageable and he isn't going to die soon.

So anyway, Chris Rea.

He's ill, it's manageable and he isn't going to die soon.

Exactly.

Then again, he missed a trick when he didn't enter slimmer of the year.

I don't know how he's doing lately but...While there's a chance and you're near, Let's Dance!

Yer Fools if You Think It's Over!

He's on the road to hell.

Aren't we all, Father? :P

regards,

Hein

Then again, he missed a trick when he didn't enter slimmer of the year.

I read somewhere recently that last year's 'slimmer of the year' was disqualified after discovering he had an incurable wasting disease

I think that was a few years back.....the year Freddie Mercury won!

• Haha 1

"It's three years since musician Chris Rea defied one-in-five odds by surviving surgery to remove his pancreas and duodenum (leaving him with diabetes in the process), partially cut his stomach, re-attach his intestines, draw four new bile ducts from his liver and re-site his lungs."

This is a quote from a website I found.... 3 years with the insides like Frankensteins monster, he then went on to claim he has never felt better in his life... ;)

Down to 11 stone from 15 stone .... (that will be the very heavy pancreas & duodenum).

I think he's a brave chappy but I do think he's living on borrowed time.... :old:

:) VIENNA

xxxxx

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Since his illness a couple of years back, he's not getting fitter ...

Hello;

Just to let you know... Although Chris Rea - as we know - is on his farewell tour currently, he will start a whole new project afterwards. He will join a three-member band called "Memphis fireflies". You can read all about his farewell tour on my site (www.chrisrea.nl) and I just started building a special at www.memphisfireflies.com. This week was his birthday (55) and let's hope he has many years to come !!

REAgards, Bart

Since his illness a couple of years back, he's not getting fitter ...

Hello;

Just to let you know... Although Chris Rea - as we know - is on his farewell tour currently, he will start a whole new project afterwards. He will join a three-member band called "Memphis fireflies". You can read all about his farewell tour on my site (www.chrisrea.nl) and I just started building a special at www.memphisfireflies.com. This week was his birthday (55) and let's hope he has many years to come !!

REAgards, Bart

That sounds about right from what I've heard. Although I realize that this an older thread, it doesn't look like he's going to be a viable candidate for some years yet, unless someone knows something I don't (which is quite possible).

That sounds about right from what I've heard. Although I realize that this an older thread, it doesn't look like he's going to be a viable candidate for some years yet, unless someone knows something I don't (which is quite possible).

shutup.jpg

:) well said NP, a picture that could be added to quite a few threads these days

shutup.jpg

Wow, what the hell is your problem? I asked a legitimate question.

shutup.jpg

Wow, what the hell is your problem? I asked a legitimate question.

ok well I've tried and I've tried but hey...I honestly do not see a question here at all, or is it just me!!! quality not quantity rings a bell here..hmmm sounds familiar these days. all it says to me is that a Rank system overseen by Mods is needed now...it's getting to the stage that too many people feel things are getting sour..posts for posts sake..ya know....get my quota up, I have to agree with the majority now it really is getting silly, and If ya don't know what I'm referring too then perhaps you shouldn't be posting in the 1st place..OOhhh controversy...god we love it !!!!

You know who you are !!!!

hit me with yer best shot....fire away !!!

• Like 1