Name Shame?

On 09/06/2020 at 20:06, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Any chance of a name change to.

DCI Frank Burnside 

Fucksake who were you before, I can never find that bit

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Fucksake who were you before, I can never find that bit

Guy Incognito. Living up to his old name then.

13 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I lose track. It shouldn’t be allowed.  Once you’ve named yourself something dickish you should have to stay dickish!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Not to mention Guy Incognito is a username that screams 'alt account'

Anyway can I have my name changed to Lazarus please?

The name is fine but could the byline be changed from 'Shipman' to 'Allegretto Minuetter' please?

Thanks GUB

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Sorry Deathers, there's already a member with that name. 

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

He could spell it with two Zs or put an initial with it, like Q Lazzarus.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Such a notable member they don't even appear to have a profile page.... :lol:

6 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Could I ask, if you know and allow someone who is a banned poster using an alias to post, what is the fucking point of banning them in the first place? 

I couldn’t give a rat’s cock who posts, but banning them just seems a pointless waste of your time if it’s not enforced, no? 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

First time on here honestly.  

On 11/06/2020 at 13:21, Lard Bazaar said:

Could I ask, if you know and allow someone who is a banned poster using an alias to post, what is the fucking point of banning them in the first place? 

I couldn’t give a rat’s cock who posts, but banning them just seems a pointless waste of your time if it’s not enforced, no? 

On the flip side, every single post I write is being pre-moderated which rather takes the fun out of the forums.... 

On 11/06/2020 at 13:21, Lard Bazaar said:

There's a banned poster using an alias! Nobody told me about this...miracle!

:D

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

On the flip side, every single post I write is being pre-moderated which rather takes the fun out of the forums.... 

Not only for you :evil2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

There's a banned poster using an alias! Nobody told me about this...miracle!

:D

But that’s my point, it’s not a shock! Everyone knows banned members just join again with a new name and nobody stops them so why bother banning them in the first place? Save the mods a job wouldn’t it?  Either ban them and make sure they stay banned or don’t bother. 

I’ve only ever been banned from posting on one site and that was The Wiltshire Times and that was only because I kept pointing out their journalists were shit at spelling.  Fucking proud of that, I am. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

But that’s my point, it’s not a shock! Everyone knows banned members just join again with a new name and nobody stops them so why bother banning them in the first place? Save the mods a job wouldn’t it?  Either ban them and make sure they stay banned or don’t bother. 

I’ve only ever been banned from posting on one site and that was The Wiltshire Times and that was only because I kept pointing out their journalists were shit at spelling.  Fucking proud of that, I am. 

Hah, it was more of a gag that I am terrible at noticing sock posters (even that fake mod one who posted exactly like Bou) and even I notice a mysterious newcomer who happens to like Corrie...

I've only ever been banned from one forum - which no longer exists - and it had nothing to do with me, honest. Mrs msc threatened the admin in a pub. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

I was banned from a The Warriors fan forum for "profanity". 

The offending expression was "Holy shit!" which happens to be a quote from the film.  :banghead:

• Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, Toast said:

a The Warriors fan forum

My bold. This implies there is more than one such forum. I'm mildly, though not utterly, surprised that there is such a site* but that there might be more than one does raise a quizzical eyebrow.

As to being banned from anywhere (barring a kids site) for "holy shit" never mind somewhere that it's a key line from the subject matter of your sites very existence.....:facepalm:

Fuck em, idiots.

*Thread #1 Good film The Warriors what are your favourite parts?

Thread #2  um.......

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, En Passant said:

My bold. This implies there is more than one such forum. I'm mildly, though not utterly, surprised that there is such a site* but that there might be more than one does raise a quizzical eyebrow.

As to being banned from anywhere (barring a kids site) for "holy shit" never mind somewhere that it's a key line from the subject matter of your sites very existence.....:facepalm:

Fuck em, idiots.

*Thread #1 Good film The Warriors what are your favourite parts?

Thread #2  um.......

Hopefully there is another one somewhere where the moderators don't have popsicles up their arses.

But there were lots of areas for discussion - the actors, the characters, the music, the video game, the proposed remake (thankfully has not happened) plus all the usual favourite line, favourite scene etc.  There was a fan fiction section as well.  :unsure:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Toast said:

Hopefully there is another one somewhere where the moderators don't have popsicles up their arses.

But there were lots of areas for discussion - the actors, the characters, the music, the video game, the proposed remake (thankfully has not happened) plus all the usual favourite line, favourite scene etc.  There was a fan fiction section as well:unsure:

Is that the section where all of those women 'of mature years' wrote about getting shagged up a back alley by Michael Beck?:D

Anyway.…..

Bollocks to the name changing malarkey, you make up a user name and that is it, you keep the fucker for as long as you are on here.

29 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Anyway.…..

Bollocks to the name changing malarkey, you make up a user name and that is it, you keep the fucker for as long as you are on here.

I found a great name the other day, almost tempted to make a sock account just to use it.  :lol:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Is that the section where all of those women 'of mature years' wrote about getting shagged up a back alley by Michael Beck?:D

I don't remember any like that - must go back and have a look!   I could use my new-found nom-de-plume and re-register :D

Actually it seemed to be mostly young lads on there, from what I could tell.

• Like 1

Reading a Rolling Stone interview with Bruce Springsteen, I am tickled pink to learn that he has a terrier called Toast.  :D

Springsteen starts to walk me to my car — trailed by two dogs, a German shepherd named Dusty (Dusty Springsteen!) and a small apparent terrier named Toast.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/bruce-springsteen-interview-new-album-touring-e-street-band-1059109