Lady Die

Places With Silly Names

Guest UderLord

I remember a charity comedy show from Nether Wallop, Hampshire. The host welcomed every one to the nether regions, British humor so this may not translate :P

Google Maps

There's a little town about 15 minutes from me that caught my eye: Boring, Maryland (US).

Digressing slightly, that reminds me of an entry in Yellow Pages - "Boring - see Civil Engineers"

Guest lived so lets die

There's a village down from me called Whitford, and i'd noticed some vandal had sprayed over the (W). :)

I particularly like the town of Muff, in County Donegal. Not sure if it is true but I was told they have a diving association.

:)

Also there is an area near Garmisch Partenkirchen called "Wank" where they have a Wank area and a Wank cable car but to mention a few.......

You've just beaten me to Wank. Perhaps I'd better rephrase that. You mentioned Wank before I did

There's a Lickers Lane and a Slag Lane near where I used to live and Fistard near where I live now.

Now if it came to rude personal names I've come across a few. Perhaps I'd better rephrase that too

There's a village down from me called Whitford, and i'd noticed some vandal had sprayed over the (W). ;)

Of course there's also Canal Street in Manchester and people are always scribbling out the c and s

For those not in the British Isles I should point out Canal Street is the centre of the gay area of Manchester

I particularly like the town of Muff, in County Donegal. Not sure if it is true but I was told they have a diving association.

;)

Also there is an area near Garmisch Partenkirchen called "Wank" where they have a Wank area and a Wank cable car but to mention a few.......

There's also a "Wankum" in Germany up near Kempen by the Dutch border which some people find amusing.

We have a Shag Point in parts southern, which always makes for a chessey photo op.

Aromatic Creek, Missouri

Go to Hell Gulch, South Dakota

Caress, West Virginia

Flirtation, Colorado

Kiss Me Quick, South Dakota

Benign Peak, Alaska

Bellicose Peak, Alaska

Deception Creek, Arkansas

Delusion Lake, Wyoming

Another River, Arkansas

Peculiar, Missouri

Yum Yum, Tennessee

Climax, Oregon

Ding Dong, Texas

Do Stop, Kentucky

Goon Dip Mountain, Alaska

I have been up (and down) Sam's Knob several times

I have been up (and down) Sam's Knob several times

Hope Mrs Josco doesn't find out.

I have happy memories of holidays spent in Condom in south-west France.

As part of my holiday i stayed in Kissimee Florida.

Has anyone ever lived anywhere with a silly or rude name? I once lived near Effingham (twinned with Blindingham?)

Is that like the effingham in Illinois or since you have a British looking logo, is it one in England or thereabouts? I have been through the one in Illinois. Lovely little place with a railroad going through part of the center at least there was back in the late 1970s when I rode a greyhound bus through there. Had a map of it too for a while but seem to have misplaced it or throwed it out.

There is a street in East Kilbride (in Scotland) called Strait Dykes. A contradiction in terms if ever I saw one. :lol:

My parents once lived in a place called Rock City Falls always wondered why people would be so happy to have their city fall. and of course there is Slum Village

Stayed in a Devon village last year called Upper Ting Tong, and a mile down the road was Lower Ting Tong. Blink and u'd miss it !

Stayed in a Devon village last year called Upper Ting Tong, and a mile down the road was Lower Ting Tong. Blink and u'd miss it !

Was this where Ling Ting Tong lived?

tie-ess-a mo-cum boo-die-ay

tie-ess-a mo-cum boo

Ling Ting Tong, he would never do wrong...

It's amazing what threads are actually on here if you root around enough.

Anyway, over in the next county from me (Dorset), there are two villages called Piddletown & Puddletown, which never failed to make my sister & I piddle ourselves laughing as kids when we drove past the road signs.

Winnie Mandela used to slide up & down Nelson's column.....