Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Dying On Your Birthday

Seeing the Johny Haynes thread made me wonder how many famous people have died on their own birthday.

I think Oliver Cromwell was born and died on September 12th. Presumably one in every 365.25 should die on their birthday so there must be others.

How many of the older Death List incumbants have their birthdays coming up towards the end of the year? Callaghan died on the eve of his birthday, so maybe there is hope that one or two may pop off in and around their birthday by the end of the year...

Seeing the Johny Haynes thread made me wonder how many famous people have died on their own birthday.

I think Oliver Cromwell was born and died on September 12th. Presumably one in every 365.25 should die on their birthday so there must be others.

DeathList graduates:

Hardy Amies (1998, 2000, 2001, 2002. 2003): *Friday, March 05, 1909 +Wednesday, March 05, 2003,

Bunny Austin (1998, 1999, 2000): *Sunday, August 26, 1906 +Saturday, August 26, 2000

regards,

Hein

Wikpedia full of useful trivia.

I've seen that Wiki page before - directed from here probably - and it was the suicide of Mel Street that caught my eye. Perhaps no-one turned up to his party? :lol:

Wikipedia full of useful trivia.

Pope Innocent VIII, 60

Now that is an unusual name for a Pope to select. :lol:

Would one save money on the headstone's engraving with the same dates?

DeathList graduates:

Hardy Amies (1998, 2000, 2001, 2002. 2003): *Friday, March 05, 1909 +Wednesday, March 05, 2003,

Bunny Austin (1998, 1999, 2000): *Sunday, August 26, 1906 +Saturday, August 26, 2000

regards,

Hein

Taking my lines Hein? Though i take it as

an honor.

Regards,

BS

There were thirteen Pope Innocents or Popes Innocent, or Innocent Popes, whatever.

DeathList graduates:

Taking my lines Hein?

Indeed I do. It's a perfect phrase.

Though i take it as an honor.

I think you should. Plagiarism is, so I'm told, the sincerest form of flattery.

regards,

Hein

Ooooooh Mr Hein you must be sooooo excited now. 999 posts....

There were thirteen Pope Innocents or Popes Innocent, or Innocent Popes, whatever.

13 innocent popes so how many are guilty?

This one certainly was.

This pope was found guilty. ;)

pope convicted

The great poet and writer of "Romeo and Juliet" William Shakespear

died on his 52nd birthday

His birthdate isn't recorded so his birthday is a best guess from baptism records meaning the above can't be officially confirmed. Damn shame, be a corker if it was true.

My Gran died on my Uncles Birthday. Everyone crying and celebrating at the same time. I was too young at the time to remember.

Guest iain

The actor Ian Marter,who played the part of Doctor Whos companion Harry in the mid 70s died on his 42nd birthday of a diabetes related heart attack.Sorry if hes not that important but im a big Doctor Who fan.

Either way, I'll bet it was important to him!

The actor Ian Marter,who played the part of Doctor Whos companion Harry in the mid 70s died on his 42nd birthday of a diabetes related heart attack.Sorry if hes not that important but im a big Doctor Who fan.

Not you too, there's no escape. My other half is a huge Doctor Who fan. For some reason I knew this already though and was able to tell him something for a change

Probably too much stodgy birthday cake!

OOOh that's a bit cruel, I rather like Harry Sullivan...

And so it was that in August of 2006; Mike Douglas (born Michael Dowd) kicked the bucket on his birthday and was added into this otherwise worthless thread.

Thank you Mikey for joining in on the fun...

Guest iain

Happy 81st birthday Mike!...well um,you know what I mean...

Speaking of carking it on the big day, wasn't Michael Foot due to drop on his birthday this year? Think I heard that somewhere.

It was reported in the local paper that a woman died yesterday on the morning of her 100th Birthday.

She got up, recieved her telegram, then died.

A real party pooper as her family were on their way to the nursing home where she stayed to celebrate.