Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

Don't know if its browser related or another little hiccup.

On android phone, if I click the "deathlist , on today gone tomorrow" it takes me to the normal main forum page, but with the three forums whited out. Using Firefox. I have to back up, then select the deathlist option from the 3 sepearted by hyphens underneath the gone tomorrow part.

On android tablet, uusing chrome, its fine.

Don't know if its browser related or another little hiccup.

On android phone, if I click the "deathlist , on today gone tomorrow" it takes me to the normal main forum page, but with the three forums whited out. Using Firefox. I have to back up, then select the deathlist option from the 3 sepearted by hyphens underneath the gone tomorrow part.

On android tablet, uusing chrome, its fine.

There's a long-running bug with the mobile version that runs back to when we got the wacky forum. Count yerself lucky that's your only complaint.

Aye, but it only manifested itself in the last couple of days.

Apart from that, the full version on mobile works sound for me.

Works alright in chrome must just be opera safari.

Finally got around to updating this HOWTO to the latest forum software. Current version now 1.20.

You been banning mobile networks again, can't access on my phone unless connected to Wifi? (Vodafone btw, judge away)

Guest awesome guest

I got a question for some reason they are certain threads I can't comment on I go on to comment on them but then they say I am restricted from posting on the forum the examples are the sallas thread and uncle Dennis Healey who shouldn't have been put on the DL because his eyebrows grant him immortality

You been banning mobile networks again, can't access on my phone unless connected to Wifi? (Vodafone btw, judge away)

I haven't banned any IPs for months. Perhaps it's an old one that's blocking you. If you PM me the IP address you're using when you experience such trouble I can have a look.

I got a question for some reason they are certain threads I can't comment on I go on to comment on them but then they say I am restricted from posting on the forum the examples are the sallas thread and uncle Dennis Healey who shouldn't have been put on the DL because his eyebrows grant him immortality

That's weird. If you can post here, you should be able to post anywhere on the forum.

Guest awesome guest

That's weird. If you can post here, you should be able to post anywhere on the forum.
I know and a few threads disappeared I.e robin Gibb and Dennis nordens. I really hope this glitch get fixed I was waiting two mouths to post that Healey joke

I know and a few threads disappeared I.e robin Gibb and Dennis nordens. I really hope this glitch get fixed I was waiting two mouths to post that Healey joke

The Denis Norden topic still exists, he's a DL pick, no less.

The Robin Gibb topic got merged with the Bee Gees topic fairly recently, on 19 April 2015 to be precise.

What I suggest to investigate the matter about not being able to post on some topics is this: if you run into it again, try and post details about it in this one, in the same session. I'd like to know as much detial as possible:

• Which topic you're trying to post in
  • Date and time of attempt to post
  • Exact error message from the server
  • What kind of internet connection you're using
Of course you can also register as a user.

Guest awesome guest

The Denis Norden topic still exists, he's a DL pick, no less.The Robin Gibb topic got merged with the Bee Gees topic fairly recently, on 19 April 2015 to be precise.What I suggest to investigate the matter about not being able to post on some topics is this: if you run into it again, try and post details about it in this one, in the same session. I'd like to know as much detial as possible:
thanks for the help 🙋

The Denis Norden topic still exists, he's a DL pick, no less.The Robin Gibb topic got merged with the Bee Gees topic fairly recently, on 19 April 2015 to be precise.What I suggest to investigate the matter about not being able to post on some topics is this: if you run into it again, try and post details about it in this one, in the same session. I'd like to know as much detial as possible:
thanks for the help

Registering as a user often resolves the issue but not always. I forget the details, but I know last year I had problems where I could log in with one browser, but not post. And on another I could post as a guest, but not log in.

It's on a mobile so I have no idea how you find out the network ip address, i doubt it's an old one. The error's:

Bad Request

Your Browser sent a request the server could not understand.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I only get it on this site, and I only get it when browsing through on the phone with mobile data (rather than connected to a wifi network.)

It's on a mobile so I have no idea how you find out the network ip address, i doubt it's an old one. The error's:

Bad Request

Your Browser sent a request the server could not understand.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I only get it on this site, and I only get it when browsing through on the phone with mobile data (rather than connected to a wifi network.)

Aha! That error message means that the web server running the forum was sent data it couldn't parse. The most likely explanation for that is that data got lost or damaged in transmission from the mobile phone, through several networks, to the web server. Mobile phone data transmission is particularly prone to this kind of errors, because your mobile is sending data using low-powered radio signals to the network receiver. When using the data link for voice transmission that's not a problem, it'll turn out as noise, but data transmission is much more picky. This is not a problem of the forum, there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm far from an expert on mobile web usage, so I don't know if there's a solution. I can, however, suggest a few tests:

• Try with another mobile device, using the same SIM card
  • Try with the same device, using a SIM card from another network provider
  • Try from a different location

Hey, I have a favour to ask. Can you change the website domain from .net to .com? It's happened on many occasions that I forget that it's not .com, so I become quite shocked to see that this website is gone. So, to spare me from getting shocked each time, could you change to .com instead? Thanks in advance.

Hey, I have a favour to ask. Can you change the website domain from .net to .com? It's happened on many occasions that I forget that it's not .com, so I become quite shocked to see that this website is gone. So, to spare me from getting shocked each time, could you change to .com instead? Thanks in advance.

.com is not available.

So, last night, did this website actually have problems? Midway through using the forum, it died. Checked the front page, to find it was now a website for a hardware store in Haddington. A mispelled store, incidentally, which suggested hacking. Anyhow, after a few checks, I went to bed. Check it now in the course of the morning, and its back to normal. Only no one has mentioned the outtage. So, did this actually happen to others, or did I have a particularly lucid stroke/sleep deprivation?

It wasn't even a dream, as I'd never heard of this place, but it actually exists and on the same road Deathlist.net claimed it did too.

• Like 1

So, last night, did this website actually have problems? Midway through using the forum, it died. Checked the front page, to find it was now a website for a hardware store in Haddington. A mispelled store, incidentally, which suggested hacking. Anyhow, after a few checks, I went to bed. Check it now in the course of the morning, and its back to normal. Only no one has mentioned the outtage. So, did this actually happen to others, or did I have a particularly lucid stroke/sleep deprivation?

It wasn't even a dream, as I'd never heard of this place, but it actually exists and on the same road Deathlist.net claimed it did too.

Exactly the same thing happened here too, very weird. Quantick's revenge?

I had it, I'm guessing they thought they'd sneak it on, gain a few more hits for their website.

Although I'm thinking if I ever give up the DL and go back to having sex, I'd probably look good in nothing but a toolbelt...

I had it, I'm guessing they thought they'd sneak it on, gain a few more hits for their website.

Although I'm thinking if I ever give up the DL and go back to having sex, I'd probably look good in nothing but a toolbelt...

lol.....

The average DIY store owner knows as much about hacking as I know about... DIY.

Is this the first time it's been targeted by prankster-type hackers?

it happened to me too

It's hecka good advertising tho

Maybe they think we are interested in woodwork. For making coffins for all the people we are predicting will die.