Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

On 5/16/2017 at 10:58, msc said:

When the Meadowside Granary was going to be demolished in Glasgow about a decade ago, they discovered thousands of rats in it. Response? Hire a few Yorkies. One or two Yorkies vs thousands of rats. The rats never stood a chance.

Aerial-3.jpg

Very true! Like they say do not judge a book by its cover. Never under-estimate the Yorkie! 

• Like 1

Say I want to quote the text of a post but in a different thread from the one it is posted in. How'd I do that?

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Say I want to quote the text of a post but in a different thread from the one it is posted in. How'd I do that?

You should click the plus sign and then go to the thread you wanted to post at. If you only want part of the post, you'd have to edit. 

• Like 3

Cheers, I learn something every day!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 07:45, YoungWillz said:

Cheers, I learn something every day!

On 6/22/2017 at 07:41, Joey Russ said:

You should click the plus sign and then go to the thread you wanted to post at. If you only want part of the post, you'd have to edit. 

Ahhh, something like this then!

Joey, you worthwhile SOB.
SC

Why do I occassionaly get a message saying "you are not allowed to give reputation to this user" when I like someones posts?

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Why do I occassionaly get a message saying "you are not allowed to give reputation to this user" when I like someones posts?

Does the like go through? That's happened to me before I believe but seems to show up as a glitch rather than actually being unable to like the post.

• Like 2

What's the difference between "posts" and "content" as they seem to be counted differently? Just curious.

6 minutes ago, charon said:

What's the difference between "posts" and "content" as they seem to be counted differently? Just curious.

I don't think that there's much of a difference, except content includes both posts and status replies, I think.

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I don't think that there's much of a difference, except content includes both posts and status replies, I think.

Quip - posts are what Sir C and LFN make.

Content is what everyone else posts. :lol:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I thought it was that, but I had a quick look at some folk and the post count and status reply count don't add up to their content count.

Probably just some weird forum thing which makes no sense.

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Does the like go through? That's happened to me before I believe but seems to show up as a glitch rather than actually being unable to like the post.

Yeah it went through. Guessing it's just a bug.

WTF is a "status reply"?

I used to know what status meant, but in these dreadful Facebook times the meaning seems to have been changed.

Statuses are messages which a user posts via their own profile or on another member's profile, rather than in a forum thread, and status replies are comments on those. The most recent statuses on the forum can be seen here.

So wtf is wrong with calling it a message?

Status means something else entirely, so why steal the word?  :old:

• Like 1

Hmmm, another one. At house internet that shitty it sometimes loads page in very basic form, which crap, but does mean I see this. Anybody want to try the emoticon  limit?

Screenshot_20170708-132706.png

Most of my posting is now done on an android phone.  How can you copy links and large blocks of text to posts?

Long press...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, charon said:

Long press...

I'll try that. Thanks.

• Like 1

FYI for Admins -- when I search 'browse - members' and then try to sort the list by anything other than 'name' an error message pops up.  Maybe it's just me.  But it's happened repeatedly.
SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

FYI for Admins -- when I search 'browse - members' and then try to sort the list by anything other than 'name' an error message pops up.  Maybe it's just me.  But it's happened repeatedly.
SC

Works fine for me, can a non-admin member confirm the same?

11 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Works fine for me, can a non-admin member confirm the same?

Works for me
At first I was having the problem and the message showed up: "please wait x seconds before attempting a forum search" or something
I just reloaded then it was good :)

Since last upgrade in Feb, any of the search thing in members gave a flood control warning if you tried to add parameters.

Yes, I found this when I was looking recently.  It was a couple of weeks ago though, so nothing to do with the recent update.

I guess that happens since switching the parameters is technically a new search? I did go ahead and reduce the server flood time to 5 seconds for members since I doubt it'll make a noticeable difference on the server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2