Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

How would I go about making a poll for a topic? I tried it once and epicly failed.

IIRC, when you start a new topic, there is a section on the R/H side of the page pertaining to creating a Poll for it.

• Like 1

How would I go about making a poll for a topic? I tried it once and epicly failed.

IIRC, when you start a new topic, there is a section on the R/H side of the page pertaining to creating a Poll for it.

Thanks. I already did that once, but it didn't work. Must have done something wrong, cause I did the same thing now, and it worked.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm probably being extremely thick here, we have bought an Ipad Air, it connects to the wifi fine, but we want to be able to use it outside of the house obviously, everything is telling me I have to get a sim card for it - but there is no sim slot, anywhere, on the device. Everything I'm looking up says it has one, but it simply is not there, there is nothing there. I am clearly being thick - anyone have any ideas?

ETA Yes, I've been thick - we've bought a wifi only one, didn't even realise there was such a thing. Fucksticks.

Ok, I'm probably being extremely thick here, we have bought an Ipad Air, it connects to the wifi fine, but we want to be able to use it outside of the house obviously, everything is telling me I have to get a sim card for it - but there is no sim slot, anywhere, on the device. Everything I'm looking up says it has one, but it simply is not there, there is nothing there. I am clearly being thick - anyone have any ideas?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/how-put-new-sim-card-into-ipad-iphone-3502437/

??

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/how-put-new-sim-card-into-ipad-iphone-3502437/

??

Yeh,thanks, I'd seen that but didn't have the appropriate hole - it now appears I've bought one that only runs on wifi which is no fucking good when the old man's halfway up a fucking ladder in the middle of Shepton Mallett :banghead:

• Like 2

Yeh, it's posted in the winter Olympics thread, which seems to have gone awol.

Winter Olympic thread deleted?

Due to stupidity I can´t exactly reconstruct, I deleted it. I used my Super Admin Powers to resurrect it. :pop:

• Like 1

Good, I'll be able to use the..

Bill is dead.

Don't be like Bill.

.....line now.

• Like 3

Is it just me or did the not-so-active member Con Dolence completely vanished from the members list? Da fuck happened to him? I feel so saddened, because I liked him (or her, or it...).

I deleted that member a week ago in accordance with the Registered, never posted and hasn't logged in for years guideline.

Actually, Con Dolence logged in on May 2, 2015. :unsure:

Is it just me or did the not-so-active member Con Dolence completely vanished from the members list? Da fuck happened to him? I feel so saddened, because I liked him (or her, or it...).

I deleted that member a week ago in accordance with the Registered, never posted and hasn't logged in for years guideline.

Actually, Con Dolence logged in on May 2, 2015. :unsure:

Well, he/she's now logged out permanently.

Due to stupidity I can´t exactly reconstruct, I deleted it. I used my Super Admin Powers to resurrect it. :pop:

It needs deleting. I'm saddened that you flinched on doing Admin work and making an Admin decision. We have Dead Medallists and I've made the comment before why the hell did anyone split off one olympics at all? To which the reply was basically 'well that's what happened and it's the way it's been around here so....' Which is a piss poor reason to continue any venture in life ('cuz we've always done it that way'). It was a sensible deletion due to duplication. If YoungWillz would like to explain why Summer and Winter Olympiabs shouldn't be covered by a thread about Dead Medallists I'm all ears (well---eyes).

SirC

PS: Whilst I have your attention could you please create a new thread and peel off that horrid banter in the WWII thread? It's a complete distraction and certainly not what that thread's intent is/was. If two people want to dicker over something so it in a new thread or in the Extra Curricular thread designated for that. Otherwise you invite argumentative diatribes about one's acting abilities, e.g., in Hollywood Possibilities that goes on for pages.

SC

Allow me to explain: I killed it by accident and restored it. I'll have a look at its content later tonight and to your request.

It needs deleting. I'm saddened that you flinched on doing Admin work and making an Admin decision. We have Dead Medallists and I've made the comment before why the hell did anyone split off one olympics at all? To which the reply was basically 'well that's what happened and it's the way it's been around here so....' Which is a piss poor reason to continue any venture in life ('cuz we've always done it that way'). It was a sensible deletion due to duplication. If YoungWillz would like to explain why Summer and Winter Olympiabs shouldn't be covered by a thread about Dead Medallists I'm all ears (well---eyes).

SirC

PS: Whilst I have your attention could you please create a new thread and peel off that horrid banter in the WWII thread? It's a complete distraction and certainly not what that thread's intent is/was. If two people want to dicker over something so it in a new thread or in the Extra Curricular thread designated for that. Otherwise you invite argumentative diatribes about one's acting abilities, e.g., in Hollywood Possibilities that goes on for pages.

SC

Don't understand why I'm being dragged in to explain. I didn't create any of these threads - there long before I arrived on this forum. That's like saying "If YoungWillz would like to explain why Adolf Hitler was born...". As I recall, DDT rejected your request to merge the Summer and Winter Olympic threads before, on the grounds that they haven't been merged in real life. And you have actually posted Winter Olympic deaths in that thread.

Accept mods' previous rulings and be at least consistent please.

Love you.

SirC

SC

Don't understand why I'm being dragged in to explain. I didn't create any of these threads - there long before I arrived on this forum. That's like saying "If YoungWillz would like to explain why Adolf Hitler was born...". As I recall, DDT rejected your request to merge the Summer and Winter Olympic threads before, on the grounds that they haven't been merged in real life. And you have actually posted Winter Olympic deaths in that thread.

Accept mods' previous rulings and be at least consistent please.

Love you.

YoungWillz means this little exchange. I had a look at the whole topic and it started out as a topic about contenders KIA during the Winter Olympic Games. It morphed in a topic for dead Winter Olympians, which is indeed redundant. I propose the following:

• I move the dead Winter Olympians to topic Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists
  • I rename topic Winter Olympic Deaths to something more appropriate and explaining, say Faster, Higher, Dead. Summer Olympic Game fatalities might be included.

I need deleting.

EFA.

Best fucking news we have all had.

Only a day? Should be a fucking year.

So I'm signed on to a different computer. Asked to change my pw cuz of course it doesn't recognize me.
So it sends email to me with new pw. I type in pw and sign on anew.

So.... now I go into my settings to change my pw to something I would like, and enter the pw from the email, my new pw twice, and I keep getting told there's 'an error with your CURRENT pw'. Oh that's right...the one YOU sent me and that I am here signed on with! So I cut/paste it two more attempts, same fahkin thing. So I type the pw in the email by hand (just in case it didn't like cut/paste) and same thing.

I'm sitting here with the email still open looking at the message with the pw YOU provided. Now DL says that's NOT my 'current pw'.

Fuck off.

SirC

So I'm signed on to a different computer. Asked to change my pw cuz of course it doesn't recognize me.

So.... now I go into my settings to change my pw to something I would like, and enter the pw from the email, my new pw twice, and I keep getting told there's 'an error with your CURRENT pw'. Oh that's right...the one YOU sent me and that I am here signed on with! So I cut/paste it two more attempts, same fahkin thing. So I type the pw in the email by hand (just in case it didn't like cut/paste) and same thing.

I'm sitting here with the email still open looking at the message with the pw YOU provided. Now DL says that's NOT my 'current pw'.

So you managed to log in using the new pw provided by the forum, but you can't change it to something else. I have no idea why that is, but often it's a matter of typing (or copy and pasting) the required bits carefully.

My advice is: log out, log in again and if that succeeds, try to change your pw again. If that fails, PM me, I can help.

So you managed to log in using the new pw provided by the forum, but you can't change it to something else. I have no idea why that is, but often it's a matter of typing (or copy and pasting) the required bits carefully.

My advice is: log out, log in again and if that succeeds, try to change your pw again. If that fails, PM me, I can help.

How exactly?

You shouldn't be able to interfere with passwords?

How exactly?

We're Admins. We can interfere with anything here.

How exactly?

On all forum software I've ever come across you are only able to use email resets to change passwords, and admins certainly would never be able to know passwords of users or change them out of that system. The security's for this are obvious and I really hope they are in place on this forum.

How exactly?

On all forum software I've ever come across you are only able to use email resets to change passwords, and admins certainly would never be able to know passwords of users or change them out of that system. The security's for this are obvious and I really hope they are in place on this forum.

I cannot read passwords, they're not stored in the database. I can set passwords. That should suffice in this case.

How exactly?

Hi 😉

• Like 2

How exactly?

I cannot read passwords, they're not stored in the database. I can set passwords. That should suffice in this case.

That's only really any use if the person themselves can then change the pword so the admins don't know it, in SCs situation that fix requires you knowing his password along with him as he can't then change it himself. That's poor security.

How exactly?

That's only really any use if the person themselves can then change the pword so the admins don't know it, in SCs situation that fix requires you knowing his password along with him as he can't then change it himself. That's poor security.

You've got that bit wrong. I've changed a few peoples passwords as they can't remember it possibly after being away for a while. We have no idea what the original pw is, that's for the individual to know. When we change it, and give you the new pw, it's always advisable to change it asap.