Dr Strangelove

didtheydie.com[ments]

Is "didtheydie.com" a complete waste of server space  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just voted for the last option and I've never even accessed the site!

Try it Josco, it's not as bad as post-twuntdom :pop:

Seen it. Crap. Bad spelling on page one. Flash intro quite good.

70% correct? Is that supposed to be good? What do they do, guess? Use a pin? Read the Sun?

Try it Josco, it's not as bad as post-twuntdom :ph34r:

70% correct? Is that supposed to be good? What do they do, guess? Use a pin? Read the Sun?

:pop::unsure:

Try it Josco, it's not as bad as post-twuntdom :unsure:

That's a good one :pop:

Try it Josco, it's not as bad as post-twuntdom :eshock:

It's advertised as more than 70% accurate. Clearly this allows for an actual accuracy of between 70% and 100%

Some of the celebrity descriptions (and pictures) are, regretfully, amusingly inaccurate.

The "proud to be more than 70% accurate" tagline kind of reflects this.

We've just come across your poll and comments on didtheydie.com whilst doing a Google search, and though you have closed off the topic would like to respond to your comments.

Sorry you didn't all like it.

Sorry, in fact, that none of you seem to like it  :eshock:

To answer some direct points:

Despite the fact you generally don't like DTD your comments are extremely useful, so thank you.  Perhaps it's not clear to users exactly how it works, and we need to make it clearer.

Regardless, if you have any suggestions for improvement (over and above "it's crud, close it down!!") we'd genuinely like to hear them, and will probably act on them.

Best regards and utmost respect to the "deathlist"

XT.

With your mature & tolerant reply you've made me feel all guilty now!

It probably was a rather mean poll that I now regret a bit.

I think the main problem was that on Deathlist we're always searching for new tools & websites to help answer the dead/alive question, and your website got my hopes up; but didn't turn out to be what I was looking for.

I hope you carry on and improve your website, and are not put off by insensitive clods like me. :(

Guest Silver Oscar

I think didtheydie.com is pretty good actually. The videos are hilarious...

Recently the website didtheydie.com has been mentioned several time on the DeathList, personally I think it's a complete waste of time.

But what do the rest of you think?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it's sh*te.

Guest Camvis
Recently the website didtheydie.com has been mentioned several time on the DeathList, personally I think it's a complete waste of time.

:ph34r: Saying it's sh*te isn't very nice, I read above that sensible comments were wanted but I see some people are puttin on "crap" etc etc,. Even if you do think it is sh*te you should say why not just that it is S**t.

Personally I agree with the guy who wasd saying that there's too much scrolling. There is too much scrolling!! I thought the site was funny (I love the pictures!!) but the controls are all over the place and none of the pictures at the top really needed to be there.

my favourites:

Paris Hilton

Napoleon

Osama Bin Laden

Even if you do think it is sh*te you should say why not just that it is S**t.

Say what? :ph34r:

Say what? :ph34r:

I think they missed a comma. Does this make more sense...

Even if you do think it is sh*te you should say why, not just that it is S**t.

Could be this: (apologies to absent friend Yoda)

Even if you do, think. It is. Sh*te you should. Say, why not? Just that. It is S**t.

or even this:

Even if you do, think it. Is sh*te you? Should say "why", not "just that". It is. S**t!

None of which makes the slightest bit of sense, of course.

:ph34r: Saying it's sh*te isn't very nice, I read above that sensible comments were wanted but I see some people are puttin on "crap" etc etc,.  Even if you do think it is sh*te you should say why not just that it is S**t.

Well, call me an insensitive shithead, but I still think it's crap. It may be amusing crap, I don't know, but it's crap nonetheless. The layout s*cks, some text-editors suffer from severe dyslexia and the movies are getting on my nerves.

But well, the internet is full of crap, so that's okay with me.

I detest the use of smilies (they're childish, annoying and they deteriorate the language), but your post certainly deserved it!

:ph34r::lol::(

None of which makes the slightest bit of sense, of course.

I'd say this does:

Sh*te you should.

[T]he internet is full of crap

That is so... true. :ph34r:

regards,

Hein

That is so... true. :ph34r:

regards,

Hein

And you always run into some-one you wouldn't expect there...

B) raider+Oct 27 2005, 05:12 PM-->

QUOTE(Tom(B) raider @ Oct 27 2005, 05:12 PM)

That is so... true. :old:

regards,

Hein

Oh So his secret has been exposed. :sicktherm:

B) raider+Oct 27 2005, 05:12 PM-->
QUOTE(Tom(B) raider @ Oct 27 2005, 05:12 PM)

That is so... true. :old:

regards,

Hein

Oh So his secret has been exposed. :sicktherm:

Looks at some of the the usernames on the Royal Forums!!

LadyS, CasiraghiTrio, michi04, Mascha, Viola-Theresa, tatare, cutie, k1200rs4, Linda Hsu, Marengo, tiger, Brazil, ULLA, maritam, ana_leti, chrissy57, elizahawthorne, proserpina, alexandresylvie, mdeledda, kitri, purple_platinum, melodie_del_mar, mbvarelanieto, melike, halabashar, Sayo, Herr_Rossi, F&L Gaëlle, leila2003, Marycecilia, eszter, julial, Margrethe II, silentrain, elle, stargaza, lula, monica17, Chu-Chi, Harry's polo shirt, rodolfo14, donnaK, kate2, misshelen, coetsee, ranirani

:old: Saying it's sh*te isn't very nice, I read above that sensible comments were wanted but I see some people are puttin on "crap" etc etc,. Even if you do think it is sh*te you should say why not just that it is S**t.

Personally I agree with the guy who wasd saying that there's too much scrolling. There is too much scrolling!! I thought the site was funny (I love the pictures!!) but the controls are all over the place and none of the pictures at the top really needed to be there.

my favourites:

Paris Hilton

Napoleon

Osama Bin Laden

Thanks for your comments - I think! Not exactly sure what you're getting at regarding the sh*te thing, but I for one don't really care if people are dismissive of the site... "It's S**t", "it's crap" etc.

What's far more useful to me are the suggestions for improvements, specific problems/gripes etc, and some of you have been good enough to provide these.

--- One of the earlier posts mentioned that you guys were always looking for new tools to help you answer death queries....

We already have a "random stiff" webservice, and are making available a "stiff query" webservice which returns whether dead, alive, not known.. and if dead the cause and date of death.

:sicktherm:

XT

Say what? :sicktherm:

what.png

What

I thought the site was funny (I love the pictures!!) but the controls are all over the place and none of the pictures at the top really needed to be there.

Aye, that cheesy banner at the top looks like an ad. The silly bint sitting at the computer might look better with some blood or glowing eyes or something.

There is also an ad at the top of the page, which is pretty contemptible really, given the low price of a pint of web hosting these days.

I wonder if every time one of us visits your site, you and your drunk-in-the-pub mate get a couple of pee for the beer kitty?

That would disqualify you both somewhat from the HLEGA*, wouldn't it?

(*Honourable League of Enthusiastic Gentleman Amateurs)

I thought the site was funny (I love the pictures!!) but the controls are all over the place and none of the pictures at the top really needed to be there.

Aye, that cheesy banner at the top looks like an ad. The silly bint sitting at the computer might look better with some blood or glowing eyes or something.

There is also an ad at the top of the page, which is pretty contemptible really, given the low price of a pint of web hosting these days.

I wonder if every time one of us visits your site, you and your drunk-in-the-pub mate get a couple of pee for the beer kitty?

That would disqualify you both somewhat from the HLEGA*, wouldn't it?

(*Honourable League of Enthusiastic Gentleman Amateurs)

I quite like the manic look in her face - and the fact that she's happy because they're dead

When you're kicking out a load of bandwidth, hosting isn't free. Advertising is a commercial reality. You'll find it on most internet sites.

Most people who spend any amount of time on the net these days (which I reckon is most of you guys, given the amount of posts you make on here ;-) have some ad blocking add-in on Firefox, so why not use it?

If advertising offends you to such an extent, you obviously have the choice not to go to the site, but we'd really rather you did because your feedback is most helpful to us.

Best regards

Did They Die ?

XT

Basically DTD's overdone the gimmicks. We here on the DL are not afraid of our own intelligence and ability to amuse each other. So I'm sticking around here.

When did Lennie Bennett die ?

Every night,

Which is why he 'aint on the TV any more