millwall32

Who's Next?

Who will be the next success for DL 2005?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Rosa Parks hearing the conductor's cry of "All change please!" for the very last time, who will be the next success for DL 2005?

11 deaths is a good strike rate, more than 1 a month (at the moment) and it was nice to see that Ronnie Biggs, although the "peolple's favourite", is no more likely to die this year than any other old lag trying to catch Charles Clarke's eye for a compassionate release. And as to the psychic who has been telling DL that JKB would die next I will leave DL 'ers to draw their own conclusions.

So , who will die next?

After backing Gerald Ford the previous 3 times, I have made the decision to change my vote. I think it will be Elizabeth Taylor.

After backing Gerald Ford the previous 3 times, I have made the decision to change my vote.  I think it will be Elizabeth Taylor.

Funnilly enough I went for Ford myself.

Patrick Moore got my vote.

Hope they fire his ashes into space when he's gone (just like Scotty's)

Guest iain

I keep having premonitions of Patrick Moores death so i had to vote for him.I dont know if theres any substance to them or not but i might as well stick with it at least till the end of this year.

Guest iain

Rosa Parks death means that this is the 2nd best year ever for the deathlist..only in 2003 had as many as 11 people gone by the end of october.I still th ink we can equal the record of 14 by years end and who knows maybe even surpass it!

Rosa Parks death means that this is the 2nd best year ever for the deathlist..only in 2003 had as many as 11 people gone by the end of october.I still th ink we can equal the record of 14 by years end and who knows maybe even surpass it!

And we're now getting into the winter months so the cold weather might see off a few more. :blink:

Dear Lady Die

Sadly we can't rely on the winter months, history has shown that we chalk up very few deaths after September closes.

Most of our remaining selections have enough cash to be somewhere hot and sunny and are not scratching around for social security handouts

So Michael Foot it is then

Mr Stats

I kept up tradition and voted Brooke Astor.

(I forgot about Elizabth Taylor :) )

PS. Are we not trying to guess number 12 now? :lol:

Guest Guest

Elizabeth Taylor, if the reports about her heart failing and being bedridden are true A woman even though she is 73 (relatively young by modern standards) simply cannot go on for very long in that condition.

I keep having premonitions of Patrick Moores death so i had to vote for him.I dont know if theres any substance to them or not but i might as well stick with it at least till the end of this year.

Looks like he's safe then.

All your bets and predictions are wrong. :)

Mind you, I'm one to talk. How many times have I said Brooke Astor....

:lol:

I'll stick with Elizabeth Taylor

I'm not predicting anything but something tells me the

Elizabeth Taylor rumers may be just a bit overated. :)

Brooke Astor, Elizabeth Taylor and Gerald Ford are all tied in 1st place with 3 votes each. :pop:

Guest Peter

I vote in John Kenneth Galbraith.

I vote in John Kenneth Galbraith.

Well the Banshee has granted one of the canidates i picked

"Rosa" so perhaps the long overdue JKG will be screamed

as the 12th death of the year.

My computer went slow and i accidentaly clicked on Peter O' Sullivan :blink:

Oh well i gues the next time this poll comes i can just sit back and vote Rocket Ronnie Biggs.

I haven't picked any one, as with my current run of luck I'll probably give them the kiss of death.

I'm up for a punt on Patrick Moore this time - but as I don't have him on any of my official entry lists I expect it will be one of my choices who I'm overlooking at this time!

Live in hope - die in exasperation!

Rosa Parks was even just outside my top 50 list from over 400 on the edge names, so I guess my numbers on her were quite understated.

I'm up for a punt on Patrick Moore this time - but as I don't have him on any of my official entry lists I expect it will be one of my choices who I'm overlooking at this time!

Live in hope - die in exasperation!

Rosa Parks was even just outside my top 50 list from over 400 on the edge names, so I guess my numbers on her were quite understated.

I had Rosa Parks as my joker in the 2005 ddp ;)

So after (about) 24 hours the collective wisdom of DL is as follows. No-one has put in a "spoilt ballot paper" ( by which I, and only I, mean a wasted vote for the likes of Biggs, Maradona, etc) and no-one has changed the poll or posted any nonsense about how there should not be one.

Patrick Moore is showing strong as he has done in every post DL success poll. Foot, Ford and Astor are all on three votes each reflecting the recent posting in their respective threads that the trio are in bad health. Three votes also fot Liz Taylor suggesting that many DL'ers actually beleive news of her ill-health to be real rather than related to trying to get her name back into the gossip colomns.

One vote for J.K. Galbraith and I think I can use my paranormal powers to guess where that came from.

One vote a -piece for two of the "quiet -men" of Dl- O'Sullevanm and the "Super-Calloused-Fragile-Mystic-Hexed -By -Halitosis".

A vote for Pinochet but nothing for Castro or Karzai.

Who do you go for.....????