Sign in to follow this  
Arnold

Val Guest

I'm afraid I have no health report on this legend of British film. But anyone who acted as a scriptwriter for Will Hay and also The Crazy Gang, must surely merit inclusion for next year?

He will be 94 this December.

I'm afraid I have no health report on this legend of British film. But anyone who acted as a scriptwriter for Will Hay and also The Crazy Gang, must surely merit inclusion for next year?

He will be 94 this December.

He certainly is old and famous enough for consideration. The decision however rests with the deathlist committee.

Regards,

ff :pop:

Another long living writer!!!!

I tell ya, I'm quitting professional speedway and the job on the side as a lion tamer and going into the writing business.

Guest Guest

He's no relation, I assure you.

He's dead.

This is a subscription site, but if it's in Variety, it's gospel.

EDIT:

I found a link, to the same story, for non-subscribers:

Obit

googled him and found a fan site that hasn't been updated much, but lists date of death as may 10th, place as at home in palm springs. made some cracking little films and a lot of terrible crap, but that's par for the course over such a long career. still, anyone who worked with the god-like will hay gets my vote. read his autobiography a few months back, which was short on detail, and revealed him to be a true-blue luvvie. not a great surprise, but he did seem a bit thick for someone who'd achieved so much in a creative field. maybe he just wasn't that good at writing prose, but the offer of an autobiography was too good for the ego.

He's dead.

This is a subscription site, but if it's in Variety, it's gospel.

I'm sure there will be a better obit soon.

Val Guest

What a shame. I'd seen this (albeit blurrily) on Wikipedia late late last night, and had hoped it would all be a bad dream. Turned out not to be so I see.

Fleischer and Guest both down for the count, but neither picked by anyone on the DDP.

This was another Arnold pick - wonder where he is, as he seems to have a rather uncanny knack of picking corpses-to-be...........

Long obits too in the Telegraph, Guardian, Times and Independent.

Reunited with his beloved Will Hay. Poor sod.

There he is ^

This was another Arnold pick - wonder where he is, as he seems to have a rather uncanny knack of picking corpses-to-be...........

arnold is certainly what you'd call a selective poster. but what's wrong with will hay? a god amongst men! and better, let's face it, than cannon and ball (ok, bad example).

Nothing wrong with dear old Will. In fact I have all his films on DVD or video.

A friend of mine (much older than me!) was a friend of his. So I've had a pint with a man who had a pint with Will Hay. How blessed I am!

very blessed indeed. sorry, arnold, i misread the post earlier re. 'poor sod'!